Marriage With Pind Da Munda/kuri

Guest Jaspuvanjyot Kaur

Guest Jaspuvanjyot Kaur

vjkkvjkf

im a little uncertain about the marriage rules in Sikhi, I know that the guy and girl must be Sikh however is it allowed to marry a girl or boy that is in the same pind as you are from, both Nankeh (maternal side) and Dhadkeh (paternal side)? Or even if they are from the pind but dont have no realtion to you.

Im asking this because someone told me that there is a sakhi and is writeen in gurbani that marrying nankeh or dhadkeh is not allowed.

If so, can references from gurbani be given too please,

much appreciated

daas

vjkkvjkf

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

There is no rule about where the person is from or anything. Its simply, a sikh must marry a sikh. Nothing special. Rules saying that you can or cannot marry someone from within your community is based mostly upon ritualistic ideals from a loooong time ago...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

yeh ive come across that too before, there was this aunty and as usual she'd cum round and start talking about my marriage, blush.gif n etc... no.gif these bibyaa got nufin else 2 do, n e way she start 2 giv me a lek, that poth juhdho vohtee lubni ya apneh aap layee, eh ek viree dekh layee ki apne nankeh jaah dhadkiya dhi pind dhi naah hoveh...I was like wacko.gif felt like saying aunty rehndhe thoo....

but ma mum sed it 4 me :)

some people do mind whether its from same pind, just another social thing i guess, dunno if theres any reference in bani

Vaheguru pray.gif

There is no such reference in gurbani. It is more cultural social thing rather than a religious. old times it was our culture not to marry anyone from their own villages nor marry someone with same surname. The reason is that one village used to be like one big family and in most cases all used to have common surname "last Name like khalon, gill etc". So its pretty old stuff and same as one person would not marry another if their surname are same.

Gurfateh

yeah i guess so....but when i was in india....me cousins used to say that if ye marry a guy dat has da same last name as you.....for example: gill,grewal,anything like that....then he your brother you shouldn't marry him...same ting wit girl....she your sister u shouldn't marry her if she goh da same last name....i was like what????......that's dumb...cuz first of all....a guy's last name is singh while for the girl it's kaur!!!...and everyone is ur bro and sis naw jus people dat goh same last name as you....and yeah man i agree this is all cultural punjabi beliefs....buh then again....i duno blush.gif ....and the pind thing....well haha das interesting ur future kids would have one pind as their nanke and dadke :):@ but yeah.....i aint sure.....ask guru sahib :@ do ardas :TH: best advice i can give......guru sahib can give blush.gif :TH: bhul chuk muaf ji

Gurfateh

ok this has no base at all....the whole same last name thing, today i can change my last name to gill n move to some place where nobody knows me. like comon....that last name thing makes no sense at all...

also, for people who don't believe in god, human race started from one female to technically we all bro n sis. u might as well spend your entire life alone then rite?

for sikhs, ek pita ekas ke hum barik......

• 3 years later...

hmmmm im still confused...example...im a gill...and i like this girl who is also a gill but we defo not related and nor are we from the same pind! can we still get hooked up? im scared to even ask anyone lol cos people may take it the wrong way!