Bollywood Picking On A Sikh Theme, Again!

lakhvir

There seems to be no end to bollywood's pick on the Sikh theme and much of the news isn't very pleasant to see Sikhs and Sikhs twisted and turned to give the impression that we are a fanatic lot and at the same time a bunch of fumblers.

Most recently, Rang De Basanti had a toned down version when they depicted a Sikh character in the forefront. They were careful, but even then they managed to squeeze in that 'mannat' black thread wrapped around an Amritdhari mother's fingers.

Expect nothing less, with yet another movie rolling out soon where a Sikh girl, with strict parents, wants to participate in an annual hockey tournament but her parents don't approve of it. It's somewhat similar to Parminder Nagra's role in Bend it like Beckham. SRK plays the coach to the girls hockey team.

We can never trust these Bollywood balloons into picking Sikh themes and keeping it real the sensitive issues of the Sikh faith. If there is some awareness we can create now so that the movie maker can be careful before going on the floors with the story and shoot. If we cannot do anything, watch others reach out for their popcorn and coke.

http://indiafm.com/news/2006/08/21/7641/index.html

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they see sikhs as clowns, jokers and idiots! If it wasnt for sikhism, hinduism would have perished at the hands of the mughals....and today the same sikhs are being mocked and ridiculed by hindus!!!! :<Edited>:

I was watching a program on tv in india a few days ago. it was a comedy program. the actors/ actresses all had cut hair and were hindu. there was a scene where there was a horse in an apartment with a few kids. the horse pis(sed. the piss leaked through the roof of the apartment below and it fell on the face of a singh. then the silly laughing sound came. (the laughing sound in all comedies). this is their amusement. :homer

why dont they show piss falling on a brahmin pandits face. this will never be shown by hindus because pundits are god-like to them :WW: . instead its the sikh clown. its allways the sikh whos the <banned word filter activated> in their tv shows and bollywood. they think we are clowns, well i say this:

Its the same sikh clowns that gave their heads to stop the progression of mughal rule,

The same sikh clowns that made sacrifices, (without which hinduism wudnt exist 2day)

The same sikh clowns that were sawn in half cuz they wud not convert,

Tame sikh clowns that gave their heads cuz they wudnt convert,

The same sikh clowns that were put on spiked wheels,

The same sikhs clowns that starved in the jungles and even ate leaves off trees to survive while fighting and putting up resistance against mughal imperial forces,

The same sikh clowns that had rewards put on their heads,

The same sikh clowns that used to save hindu women from mughals that used to take their daughters as sex slaves.

its a issue of great sadness that the same people that are running around in india calling themselves "hindu sikh" "hindu sikh" are depicting us as inferior and idiots. :)

Hindu tv show makers and Bollywood need to look up the word "kurbani".

sat sri akaal

post-5397-1156162957.jpg

did you write all of that without taking any breaths ? :) @

Tell me - why do so many bollywood films and programmes show the villians with tilaks on their foreheads ?

The Sikhs made some sacrifices - yes

but to say that without the Sikhs there would be no Hindus is a total lie

Guru Govind fought in Punjab and the hills

The Marathas fought and freed Maharashtra before that time

The Assamese defeated the Mughals before 1680 in the Battle of Saraighat (Aurangzeb sent the Rajputs under Ram Singh to fight with them afterwards and it is sadi he took Guru Tegh Bahadur with him)

The Rajput clans of the Rathores and Sisodias were in open rebellion by the 1680's under Durga Das and Raj SIngh

The Bundelas in Central India began a war against the Mughals from the 1670's until the early 1700's

The Jaats of Bharatpur under Gokual and Rajaram were in arms from the 1670's

The Satmani rebellion took place before them which threated even Delhi

by the 1757 the Marathas invaded Punjab under Raghunath Rao and Sabaji Sindhia

etc etc etc the list goes on

so take it easy

It is good to be proud of your community - but when you think that you are the only ones who ever did anything there is a problem

Guest militant singh

Tell me - why do so many bollywood films and programmes show the villians with tilaks on their foreheads ?

The Assamese defeated the Mughals before 1680 in the Battle of Saraighat (Aurangzeb sent the Rajputs under Ram Singh to fight with them afterwards and it is sadi he took Guru Tegh Bahadur with him)

The Rajput clans of the Rathores and Sisodias were in open rebellion by the 1680's under Durga Das and Raj SIngh

The Bundelas in Central India began a war against the Mughals from the 1670's until the early 1700's

so take it easy

It is good to be proud of your community - but when you think that you are the only ones who ever did anything there is a problem

listen baman without the khalsa Hindus would be muslim and so would the hwole of asia the frontier 4 invasions was Panjab we like 'al muhajiroun' extreamits islamist facist group says 'Have been a thorn in Islam for 400 yrs' can c why they say that cos of us asia wasnt converted 2 islam so allow the marathis and rajasthanis they were jus hindu kings 2 which our 10th Guru had declared war on end of

Guest peacemaker

so take it easy

And you are? grin.gif At least spell the 10th guru's name right. It's Guru Gobind Singh ji, ok? rolleyes.gif

Guest Bass Singh

NOTICE:

scaredbahman Today, 06:08 AM Post #5

Group: Members

Member No.: 5988

HE IS A NEWBIE!

Maybe its sum1 else beeing trying 2 be someone else, trying 2 cause tention here!

or maybe im completely rong and its a coincedence!

VJKK VJKF!

Guest peacemaker

Maybe its sum1 else beeing trying 2 be somenew, trying 2 cause tention here!

or maybe im completely rong and its a coincedence!

VJKK VJKF!

I think it's just a hindu taking offense at this post. :TH:

listen baman without the khalsa Hindus would be muslim and so would the hwole of asia the frontier 4 invasions was Panjab we like 'al muhajiroun' extreamits islamist facist group says 'Have been a thorn in Islam for 400 yrs' can c why they say that cos of us asia wasnt converted 2 islam so allow the marathis and rajasthanis they were jus hindu kings 2 which our 10th Guru had declared war on end of

Militant Singh - is that a response ? is that supposed to be an answer ?

like I said pride is a good thing but when it turns to arrogance there is a problem

Peacemaker

as you can guess I am a Hindu - and I am talking about my perspective in which I refer to Guru Govind according to my my own perspective - unless you are applying the Taliban perspective

In any event I have seen far worse disrespcet to Hindu Devi Devtas from many online Sikhs