Gurmat Sangeet ... Or Is It?

Akaali

i do not no hw to do kirtan in raag i have not bin taught or do not no where to learn to raag from

so does my kirtan done on a vaja not accepted in sachkhand???

kirtan should be done in raag if possible it creates that atmosphere can be very effective on one if done properly

but we shudnt start saying all other kirtan is false just because it is not done in raag

its all praise of akal purakh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Your kirtan is a start to sincere Raag Kirtan. Keep practicing.

SGGS is in Raag so kirtan is just half of Raag Kirtan. Not that it doesnt count but people have to start to learn at some point. It all starts somewhere and you sound like youre at that limit and now you are working towards Raag Kirtan.

just smee opinion :umm:

SatNam

i do not no hw to do kirtan in raag i have not bin taught or do not no where to learn to raag from

so does my kirtan done on a vaja not accepted in sachkhand???

kirtan should be done in raag if possible it creates that atmosphere can be very effective on one if done properly

but we shudnt start saying all other kirtan is false just because it is not done in raag

its all praise of akal purakh

Sachkhand is within you.

If it helps instil baani into ur Hirda (soul) then the Kirtan has reached Sachkhand!

vaheguru ji ka ..vaheguru ji ki fateh !!

..just my honest opinion..

its all about the message to be conveyed by the kirtani..and the message to be absorbed by the sangat... no matter wht way is used!!

yeah... its 100% true..tht raag is important... its evident in SGGS ji.. but hey..i dont think its ever mentioned.. tht its a MUST ??

if u can listen..and even sing in raag... then its gud for u... :umm:

if no.. then u can try...

one thing is for sure... at a certain age... any gursikh.. appreciates raag kirtan!! ... it just depends as he goes deeper into sikhi!!

becoz after all ..our guru sahibs have written the shabads in particular raag... so its tru tht the ultimate anand wud be in raag for sure!!

Now..i dont know abt any dhrupad or any other style... all i wanna say is tht there is no harm in listening or singing with / without raag !!

its like... "whts the way to do simran" ?? ..some sing it...some just recite slowly...some fast..some by taking long deep breath... but the most laha will be if u can recite in mind .. !! .... but none of the above technique is wrong !! soo..

yeah.. practice it.. thre is more laha and anand and power in raag ... :TH:

but no harm in singing/listening without raag.. whtever tune comes into mind by the kirtani..is due to the bairaag with vaheguru..so...whts wrong in it?

vaheguroooooooooooooooo pray.gif

omg so much info on raag ohmy.gif ...but i jus want to ask how do we know that certain kirtan is sang in raag...i mean when u see a kirthanee singing a shabd..hw could you find out if its sang in raag...is it written in guru granth sahib ji?

sorry if its confuzing as i dnt know much on raag

Guest Singh_jee

It says everywhere in Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj that raag should be done, before every shabad... do u think that the 1st few words at the top of the shabad dont matter, and the onli thing that matters is the message?

No thats not true because the raag is part of the message...

It is not an excuse not knowing about raag, because if u read from Guru Granth sahib Jee raags are everywhere... so why dont u find out about them??????

No all u need is love and Guru Granth Sahib jee and Faith... Not much is it?
but still without a teacher you cant really learn much. like i know quite a bit of tabla but even that i know i would be much much better at it if i had a ustaad to learn from.