27 members have voted

1. 1. rude users!!

• ~yes
    • ~no

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i seem to agree with phenji balwinder kaur cause i myself was caught offguard once :@ anyway we've to really define the level of rudeness dats can be tolerated here.. then let all the users know about it.. that would be a better way .. at least none of us will be caught offguard :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i was just going through the forum and on a another thread (for da non-believers, i love meat and weed) there was a discussion taking place about weed, jagit waheguru ji quoted bani and the profanity filter was activated!! :| ...we all know wat that line reads on saying....since writing gurbani in english u cant write it exaclty.... but its gurbani! and i just think that the admins need to do something about that, i was just shocked to see that in midst of a gurbani line

***admin-profanity filter activated

"read bani, Maharaj says"phela maran khabul hai, jeevan ke shad ***, Hoe sabna ka rainka ta aavoo hamare pass."

something needs to be worked out ... :@

waheguru ji

ust my two cents

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest balwinderkaur
yeah i seem to agree with phenji balwinder kaur cause i myself was caught offguard once :@ anyway we've to really define the level of rudeness dats can be tolerated here.. then let all the users know about it.. that would be a better way .. at least none of us will be caught offguard :@

yeah i agree with that.....define what constitutes rude and ENSURE that a consensus is reached to avoid accusing the admins of being unfair.

There should be a selection of choices that is flexible and fitting for every situation.

I agree with that too. :@ Different penalties for different offences....hm we should all draw up a sikhsangat constitution:)....plz allow for referend

ums in this constitution too admin jees :@ .

Regarding the automated profanity filter, admin jees, i would like to suggest a review of this....for instance in the case quoted by guruji's princess when the word"hope" in bani got filtered off cuz it resembles a profanity.... i would like to suggest that posts be edited by yall..e.g. if yall are aware that the word has no vulgar connotations then it should be allowed....cuz it really seems weird to see profanities activated in the midst of a bani quote. I hope you understand what im trying to drive at. :@

Sat Sri Akal:

Hehehe...sorry.

Cursing can become a very bad habit. I had a friend (no...not me) who started to use the f word a lot. One day, after months of saying it, he caught himself saying it again. He stopped and said "Man, I can't believe I say the f word so many times"! Afterwards, he tried to keep track of what he was saying, but it had become so bad that it took many months to stop it. (He was not a Sikh...otherwise, a good penthra would have been initiated on his eye).

So stop it early and don't do it anymore. Otherwise, you may end up saying it to your parents by accident and suffer chappaer-related whiplash!!! :@:@:@