What Would You Change At Your Gurdwara? [in Your Opinion]

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

If you could change 1 problem at your local Gurdwara, What would it be???????????

I think the only problem with my local Gurdwaras is a lack of participation from Sangat. If people showed up during the weekdays and not just the strong days then more people would regularly attend and it would flourish with more energy. GuruJi creates the vibe and the Sangat amplifies it. I like to travel to alot of Gurdwaras to participate in this energy.

post-5391-1157672131.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sat Sri Akaal all.

The only thing i would change is the system of men and women sitting seperately in Guru i's presence.

I have two kids and the younger one especially (he's only 2) spends most of his time running between his father and me. blush.gif

If we could all sit together as a family, i would find it easier to teach the kids exactly what's going on. It would also be less disruptive to the rest of the Sangat.

Good topic Pritam btw!

Sat Sri Akaal!

1 problem? thats like a needle in a haystack.

but id have to say the problem to change primarily would be to have a major reshuffle of the commitees... out with the old, in with the new, to an extent.

i put together in my mind a list of things i would change and they mostly go back to the commitee being the root cause...

Sat Sri Akaal all.

The only thing i would change is the system of men and women sitting seperately in Guru i's presence.

I have two kids and the younger one especially (he's only 2) spends most of his time running between his father and me. blush.gif

If we could all sit together as a family, i would find it easier to teach the kids exactly what's going on. It would also be less disruptive to the rest of the Sangat.

Good topic Pritam btw!

Sat Sri Akaal!

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh panji!

then do it? change it...

i dont know where i heard or read this but here it is: you have to be the chnage that u want to see in this world!(dont knwo the exact quote)

IN this case chnage at Gurdwara. why dont u sit with ur hubby thn as a whole family? over here at "our" Gurdwara many bibi jis and veer jis sit togther. i think thats awesome :nihungsmile:

what would i change at the Gurdwara i go to? umm we(me and Guru sahib) are in process of changin me right now so im busy in that at HisDwara blush.gif :umm:

1. allow for the sangat to govern and "control" the sangats money and maintenance of the gurdwara.

2. Install a copy of the guru granth sahb ji in the language most spoken in the cmmunity.

3. Money box or donation box set aside, nort in front of the guru ji

4. Allow sikh youth to create/add to existing events

5. Have the words "sikh temple" on building or elsewhere to tell others that this is a place of sikhi worship

6. And a welcome sign

7. A english granthi to help those who don't speak punjabi

8. langar to be served AFTER ardass and reading has stopped.

:T: