Bhatri Sikh

Guest Bhatri Sikh

wgjkk wgjkf

omg i cant beleeev ur parents!

thas so mean..i hate people who think girls arent equal to guys

even if my own 'rents tell me to make roti or somthin, ill make my bro help me just so its not becuz im a girl that im cooking n stuff

ur parents cant force u to go to a gurdwara and get married

ur not a lil <banned word filter activated> girl that doesnt deserve to go to university and if ur parents treat u like that leave!

i suggest if u have family somewhere else go live with them

Fateh bhenji

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bhatri Sikh

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried to talk with it to my mum thinking she'll inderstand then she'll tell my dad but my mum isnt really paying atention to me either. I told her how I feel and all she replied was what about our reputation? All the cards have been made and money been spent for the engagement. What about that?

My mum dont understand. when I try to remind her I'm only 15 and you cant get me married legally, she start to say who said I'm getting you married I'm only getting you engaged. She thinks its all fine.

My friend has suggested me to stay with her but it wouldnt be no point because my paretns will take her and her family the wrong way. I dont want my friend and her family to face the same problems. Its enough that they let me use their internet but I cant take advantage.

Makes it even worse that I dont know who the boy is.

I even said to my mum that on the engagement day I wont attend, and if they force me to attend I'll blatently say it infront of everyone that I dont want to get engaged so where will there reputation go then ????

I'm sick and tired of them talking about their reputation rather than my own hapiness.

my personal opinion... straight up... time to stop talking and start DOING... ur parents are too narrowminded and ingorant to care about YOU.. they only care for themselves and THEIR reputation... u can either LET them ruin ur life, or u can take control of ur own life...

i's all in ur hands now...

g'luck...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

well i wudnt say much

"sarab rogh ka aukadh naam||"

do a chaupai sahib da paath...or if u wish any other baani...there's no prob wit tat

n do ardaas.............trust me.....leave it guru sahib.......HE knows wats right n wats wrong........

Karan Kaaran Prabh Ek Hai, Doosar Nahee Koay||

Ghath Ghath Ki Antar Ki Jaanat||

Bhaley Buray Ki Peer Pachanat||

do ardas from ur heart.........trust me guru sahib WILL listen

another benti is tat.....we are all here as sangat.........im sure we all can this little thing....juz do an ardaas for our sister who needs help here

bhullan chukan di maafi

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Whatever you do, do not allow yourself to suffer in silence. Take all appropriate steps that may help resolve this issue in your favour. Continue to confide in your friends and seek the support of any relatives of yours who may be in a position to help you. I would suggest you even confide in some kind of a support group or councillor who will keep your confidentiality and will be able to advise you further. I dont know anything about the Bhatra community and with all due respect to you but you deserve so much better than them if this is how they treat their bright young girls like you

BTW, i am not having a dig at your particular community as from my observations more-or-less all South Asian communities are bound by such disgusting behaviour and customs like this.

Take care and Best Wishes,

X

but wait.

if she aint in india or somethin, then cant her rents be sued for havin her married at age 15??

especially if she dont want it...like she wanna study and all dont she?

so...

anyone know what thing can be done to prevent this stupid marriage thin? grin.gif

I am 27 and still scared of marraige . Jokes Apart You asked for advice and my little advice is tell your parents you are not interested to get married and you want to study further .

It is simply wrong to run away or call cops without telling your parents what your intentions are i.e. not to get married.

Tell them first you not interested and that by forcing you they are compelling you to use help of police.

If they dont agree than it is upto you, either simply get married and accept something that you dont belive in or take a stand.

God helps those who help themselves.

but wait.

if she aint in india or somethin, then cant her rents be sued for havin her married at age 15??

so...

anyone know what thing can be done to prevent this stupid marriage thin? grin.gif

Lets not start something else up without reading the topic. Her parents are forcing her to get ENGAGEED the marriage probably will happen around when she is 18.

but wait.

so...

ok I know who this girl is. And she is a very bright girl and wants to study. Her parents arent exactly going to get her married at 15. Just engaged. she will be married a year after that I think it is 16/17.

STILL this is very very young ! WAAAYYYY YOUNG.

I'm a bhatri sikh, and only the age of 15 but my mum and dad are going to get me engaged by the end of next month. and I dont think I'm ready I dont know what shall I do.

As I am bhatri sikh, Im not allowed to say no to this alliance and cant even see the boy. I really want to study and go on fuirther education but obviously my parent will not agree to thsi npr would the bhatra society so me going to college or university is a big NO. As the bhatra society thinks that the boys can get educatedb ut the girls will have to get married early and go cook and clean for the house.

My paretns belive that a girl shouldnt get educated much and secondary school is enough and there is no point ofa career because we bhatri girls will get back to step 1 again whioch is to cook, clean and produce kids.

I really dont want to go ahead with the alliance.

U have two older sisters ones 21 and the other 19 and both were married at 16.But i dont want to go in their steps.

Please help me find a solution, because its literally impossible for me to say no as my parents wont agree and take into account whay my say is.

[/quote waheguru ji ka khalsa :T:

waheguru ji ki fateh

first of all penji please donnt call himself bathra sikh , you are a sikh like us, i know lot of bhatra sikhs they are all not like that, secondly say No to them , u just a kid what,s wrong with ur perents ?

we are live in modern society where girls and boys are same, donnt be weak, donnt suffer in silence, talk to ur close friends and relatives tell the world thats, happening wrong if u in UK tell me i,ll b help u , God bless you !