Bhatri Sikh

Guest Bhatri Sikh

Guest Bhatri Sikh

she gonn be gettin engaged against her will... what part of that dun you understand? by her nah wantin to get engaged, how is that DISRESPECTING her parents?

y'all need ta know and REALIZE that nobody should be forced to do somethin drastic like this against their wishes... you wann talk bout our Guru's?.. our Guru's spoke out against oppression... how is this different?

by readin the lass few posts, it seems like they statin to jus accept it, and try to 'look at the bright side'... it don't matter who the guy is or where he from... tha's nah the point... whether she gettin engaged or married at the age of 15, tha's nah the direct point either... i's that she's gettin FORCED into it AGAINST her wishes... so YOU need to listen to tha problem too.. i nah know wha the point of you sayin to contact you for real 'bhatra' advice.... from the looks like it, the 'bhatra' mentality is wha got her into this situation to begin wit...

THANKYOU !

Someone who actualy knows whats going through me.

contact you for real 'bhatra' advice

British Bhatra Elder as I've said before. Think about it yourself would you really think I'll be able to contact you? N I dont want no bhatra advice, Coz I know what it's going to be. All I want is to educate myself.

How likely is it for me as a bhatri girl getting married then I ask my sas that can i study? she'll slap me across my face then n there and get me to do all the housework.

How likely is it that she'll let me go university????

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Jaspaul Veerjee, and Bhainjee this is your life. I myself am 15 and if my parents asked me for marriage i would think they've gone mad. If a male deserves to go to University and gain an education to eventually provide an income for his family, why cant a female do the same? Why are you being stopped? At this point if youve brought people who your parents know to talk to them, would bringing an older veerjee/bhainjee to talk to them who is a Gursikh help?

However Bhainjee, in my opinion and i know alot of youth disagree to run away but you know what, yes they are your parent but do they have the right to make you throw away your life becuase of their belifs? Bhainjee, be strong and you are Sri Guru Gobind Singh je's daughter, his Warrior Singhnee. Vaheguru.

We are all with you, we love you, here for you.

Guru merae sang sadhaa hay naleyh simar simar tis sadha samaleyh||

Gurfateh Jee.

your choices are right in front of you ..

1) either your parents understand your reasoning and let you continue in your studies and you can have it your way .. (which in your case is highly unlikely)..

2) your parents force you to get you engaged and married within a year ..

those are the two likely scenerios in your case, and the options are clearly in front of you.. its whether you want to LIVE your OWN life, or you want someone else to LIVE it FOR YOU!

oh ma god, when I told my parents they were about to flip. Even they say thats tooo young no.gif it shouldnt happen. no.gif

I would jus like to say that alot of bhatra go throught the same thing and its down to the individual what they feel however if greater good cums from 1 sacrifice then i personally would make the sacrafice but its your decision this girl is young and maybe scared of the prospect of marrying a person she doesnt kno etc but if thats the culture then thats it break from the norm if you think it will really reck yourlife

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

The only titles you can add before Sikh is KhalsaSikh or GurSikh. There is no caste basis in Sikhi.I dont know how much of Guru Nanaks views you dont know of but if you believe in caste then you arent a Sikh, you are a hindu that goes to the Gurdwara.

pritam singh,

it is not your business or your duty or your right to say who a sikh is or isnt...

you make some good contributions to this board...but your arrogant attitude towards others is not necessary...and DO NOT quote our guru jis when you try to pass your judgments on others...

you are right that caste should not be an issue for sikhs...but if it is for someone...guidance with love will change things...your arrogant comments do not bring positive change...they will only lead people being more disillusioned from the path...think about that...do you want to be somoene who punked people out of the path...or someone who gave love...and through love inspired people....

The only titles you can add before Sikh is KhalsaSikh or GurSikh. There is no caste basis in Sikhi.I dont know how much of Guru Nanaks views you dont know of but if you believe in caste then you arent a Sikh, you are a hindu that goes to the Gurdwara.

thats what i always used to say grin.gif

now im older and understand that some people just dont care or that they so used to it

meh