Women

Jaspaul Singh

Vaahegurooo ji ka khalsa, Vaahegurooo ji ki fateh

Had a very interesting long discussion on this topic today .. please share your views..

Do you guys HONESTLY think there is equality for women in sikhi today ? Im talking on the majority of scale and not small groups here and there what we think, but majority! Is there equality that we always recognize sikhi to be one of the wellknown religions of all them to be of equal status for both men and women?

Please provide examples with your claims..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I would say to some extent there is but to some there isn't. women still be treated unequal mainly in their in laws house, and I've seen and heard stories of it quite alot.

I reckon that nowadays generation need to be aware of the equality.

very good topic though :TH: I dont think theres enough equality that there should be

you still get those odd bibyaa who are like either they wish they hav a boy instead of girl,

or mother in laws blame the girls for not givin birth 2 boys

or girls not being able to participate in certain tasks

girls not allowed going out after a certain time alone etc etc,

i think there should be an end to this,. The generation should realise that in Sikhi both women n men are equal therefore it doesnt matter about these odd things.

i think its unfair for men, they can chill on the rehit while men are critiizied for any error, if theyre is any sort of unapproved circumstance involing a singh n singhni the singh is blamed first! the male has the pressure on his head to make a living not soo as much on a woman, proof,, a woman loses her job everyone will say ohh that suks, the man loses his job what do ppl say OMG THEYRE GONNA BE HOMELESS SOON. why is it that fathers are expected to be distanced from the children? why? cuz once a woman gives birth she becomes more possesive then a man does, and then we get chastized for not being around enough.

respect!

woman get way more respect then men, theyre praised by gurus, anything that sustains humanity or nurtures us or shelters us is out in a female context (i.e. mother earth). parents worry more abut their daughters security and upbringing then a boys...

woman are considered the tresure of a household, they are the happiness of the house and honor of it, they are treated like the best kept secret of whole clans...while the boyz are expendable,,,somtimes u guys gotta look at it as a glass full rather then empty stop thinkin mainstream...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I agree with like all the posts above. I don't there is equality. For anyone!

Women seem to have the short end of the stick for a lot of stuff, like seva: almost never see women doing degh da bhog, hukamnamas in public, panj pyarai. These things are enshrined in Sikhi that women ARE allowed to do!

But then "Shaheed" is correct as well, there is a double standard against men in a lot of things. So all in all? Life sucks. Kaljug.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

lol @ japman

The society we live in is male dominated. why? Because of physical strength. Mentally wise women are much powerful. But men seem to quash this to keep their rule (Generally speaking)

LOOK AT THE TRANSLATIONS OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAAJ!!

He this He that He HE HE HE HE!!!

God has no gender, so why assume that since They are powerful it must be a He?!

*relaxs*

another point need to be made is: Why do MALE usualy fight for women's rights?! this is the 1 thing i dont get. Mai Bhago is the IDEAL Singhni! Nowadays all i see is the "hehe haha" giggly type girls who even shy away from a jaikara!

**BUT high respect to all those singhnis who are the opposite of what I'm saying.**

Remember: Khalsa is not a male thing. Saint-Soldier isnt a male thing!

Look in the Sikh History. Mai Bhago, Bibi Deep Kaur.. and many nameless more Mothers and Sisters!

It's time the women show what they are made of.

>>

you still get those odd bibyaa who are like either they wish they hav a boy instead of girl,or mother in laws blame the girls for not givin birth 2 boys..

What i find funny about this, is that someone needs to remind those bibiya that they are female too lol..

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh!!

Great topic; i think this is something that should be discussed.

In my eyes i feel that both genders in terms of sikhi have both been treated unequally.

Like someone stated above, why are women not allowed to do practically any seva at Harimandar Sahib? Not allowed to do keertan, certain sevas; But Why?