Women

Jaspaul Singh

my bro is allowed to wear loose clothing, where im not.

and i dont like tight clothing. i dont even like medium. i like lose.

but im a girl and its "not for girls to wear"

whoaaa, ohmy.gif thats news to me. i thought most parents didnt like it when their girls wore them tight clothes :wub:

i know eh...

when i wear clothes that are tight etc, i put on a jaket or vest of some sort over it and i zip it up..untilllll....

(people wont believe me, but) my mom doesnt let me wear a jacket...she makes me take it off

and if im lucky and i get to wear it, she NEVER lets me zip it up

this creates a lot of arguments between my mom and i no.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sikhism is one of the few religions, if not the only religion that practices equality, but the problem is the older generatiion really screwed it up. They messed up all the practices, as you all can see in Harminder Sahib, and other places as well, which was already discussed in this thread. It's up to our newer generation to fix these issues. :TH:

i know eh...

when i wear clothes that are tight etc, i put on a jaket or vest of some sort over it and i zip it up..untilllll....

(people wont believe me, but) my mom doesnt let me wear a jacket...she makes me take it off

does your mom know u carry a gun grin.gif :wub:

I personally feel GOD created every being with a unique element in them and taught us to leanr and adopt the best out of everyone. Men and women are not created equally. They are different physically and mentally. MArried couples are supposed to be one soul, in two bodies. Its just like the concept of MIRI-PIRI/ SAINT-SOLDIER, two sides of same coin. Men were endowed with physical strength and women with mental. They should each learn from others qualities. And i personally feel, the institution of marriage was created to fill the gap between the traits of two. Women to me has a bigger role as a teacher. Mother is the first and best teacher anyone can get. Even guruji praises the subserviant nature of a bride towards her groom and ask us to be like one with our soul's groom (GOD).

The question of treating women fairly is sure a big no, owing to punjabi culture. Even though the punjabi culture is poisoned with all these male chauvinist practicises, there is a reason, why certain roles has been attributed to both men and women. A father can never be as good as a mother, for the kids. If the idea of equality is to switch their roles in the social fabric, then it is bound to create trouble.

The western society supposedly has high equality among men and women and for that reason they have fair share of problems. On the other hand, punjabi culture is extreme opposite and try to treat women like dirt. There should be a balanced approach. Men and women can never be equal (as humans and not souls). They are destined to rely on other for their own weaknesses and lead this life blissfully.

Very beautiful analysis done here ... d_oh.gif

Wahegurooooooooooooo

i know eh...

does your mom know u carry a gun grin.gif :wub:

**sshh**

(even youre not supposed to know) :e:

jeh women nu equal rights mil vai gayia ohna kehra teer maar lehna. But I think its all good we all have rights dont need to change the stuff, let it move the same. About the seva at darbar sahib, it will stay the same as it has been for 100's years. We cant just change it, we can only discuss it.

jeh women nu equal rights mil vai gayia ohna kehra teer maar lehna. But I think its all good we all have rights dont need to change the stuff, let it move the same. About the seva at darbar sahib, it will stay the same as it has been for 100's years. We cant just change it, we can only discuss it.

i hope that ur commentz are just to provoke a discussion and an't exactly what u truely belive.

Do you guys HONESTLY think there is equality for women in sikhi today ? Im talking on the majority of scale and not small groups here and there what we think, but majority! Is there equality that we always recognize sikhi to be one of the wellknown religions of all them to be of equal status for both men and women?

in sikhi there is equality...but someof us do not like to practice it. before what i posted was from the "small group here and there" i didnt fully read what was asked. my mitake.

after my post i ran into some people where all i could feel was no.gif ...they dont think much of girls/womn. i rather not talk about them. they were disturbin!

on a funnyand sad note...

have a friend who thinks that women should look preety and thz about it...let the men do what

they do :wub:

i have come to learn a lot about punjabi cuture from being with muslim girls. i used to wonder why our people are so diff from what sikhi says...and here i think i might get some answers from. there are many things that their religion says ...which our punjabi "sikh" people have adpted. i guess itz normal . we all lived togther at one time and itz human nature to do things that other do which to us look good, sound nice, or makes sense. these are just my thoughts and i really do not have proof to prove them

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh!

Here's my opinion.

This whole discussion is inequal. The topic about how some elders still have "hate" for baby girls is a really hard topic to discuss cuz it's painful..i think it's fair to say that THAT aspect of this conversation can't even be debated..that is pure inequality.

Here's my disclaimer: All the girls AND guys who know me, know that i'm one of the most pro-female people, in terms of choice/equality. I'm all for equal rights, and i don't think i'm alone haha..

BUT, i'm not going to be one to go lead a parade or a rally about it. Here's why: I had a quick discussion with a singhni yesterday...and she said that it's kinda funny and awkward that all these guys are talking about female equality and stuff... she goes, i have friends and we talk about stuff, and they say that they can't wait to be mothers, stay at home wives, and bring up a family..if they had the financial freedom to do that, they'd much rather do that than be working and stuff.

Here's my opinion:

TO THIS DAY, man and woman are equal. The problem is that we're totally mired in the western philosophy of equality... SCREW all this talk of "punjabi culture this. punjabi culture that"....

what does equality even MEAN.

no one can even define the freaking word... as far as i remember, grishti jeevan included the act of breeding, rearing, raising, educating, and preparing kids to be khalsa. I dunno bout other religions or countries, but i'm PRETTY sure that in sikhi, and in north america, no DUDE has ever given birth to a kid.

You want equality? here's my definition... equality=choice! THAT is equality to me... The woman wants to be a housewife? POWER TO HER! woman wants to be the breadwinner of the family? WICKED! Of course, if the girl ever wants to have a family, her career will die, or at the very least, suffer... not even husbands can strongly convince their wives to leave their children and go to work....that 9-10 month bond that women have with their children before birth is something that can't even be understood or explained, and it's hard for a woman to get alot of progression in their vertical movement in the world when they have to take a yaer off at a time to raise their child.... that's just reality.

And here we are, us "well-meaning guys", almost ENFORCING equality upon our bhainaan!

Frankly, in the western world, women have NUFF power to follow their dreams and do wh at they want... I find it somewhat demeaning, even, that alotta men are leading the feminist movement...what...are women too weak to do it themselves? The thing is that those that want that type of equality, to go out and work, to be educated, to do this and that...they'll DO It...

encourage them, for sure... but no need to start leading a movement...

someone should take a poll on this board, and we should respect enough so that only the girls answer it...

HOW MANY OF THE GIRLS on this site want to be working after marriage for the long-term? How many would rather be stay-at-home "traditional" moms?

I, for one, am VERY anxious to see THOSE results.

I cant stay at home just cleaning and looking after kids; i think i'd HAVE to work; (this I know from my lil sister who is more like a daughter to me :wub: ) however the greatest longing I have is to quickly grow up and rear a family; and there can be a balance. My parents are successful in their fields (they have worked INCREDIBLY hard to get where they are no doubt) but they have never made us feel lonely or have any longing for them. We've had great childhoods. We love our parents more than anthing. Probably because as a family there is also a balance. We have always been taught to help around the house and ith our lil sister; who is almost 4. We think of it as responsiblity lol we dont say chores. we each have our own responsiblities and it makes life a whole lot easier for ourselves AND our parents. We have been taught the usual- doing only what's right, no lying etc. and each member of my family has full faith in Waheguru..Basically we've had it great! My father always treated me the same as the boys in my family, I play sports, I was an Army Cadet etc. and my brothers treat me the same as they'd treat eachother (cept now they're bigger than me so they dont beat me up so much! lol) Basically this is because my parents worked out a BALANCE which made things as EQUAL as possible u might say :wub:

And I hope to have the same lifestyle when i grow up and marry into a new family.

Please let me know if u've anything to say on what i've written!