Roop Singh's Mustash

Guest irritated guy

Guest irritated guy

after hearing all the buzz abt him.. i got the opportunity to hear roop singh speak in toronto last week. he did good and hte kids loved him and his roop.....lonnng beard, big turban, nice clothes.

in his speech he was making a joke abt how kids responses to him are funny and he said one lil girl asked about his muchaa and he said ya its my mustash and she said whats a mustash and he explained and then she said well can i have a mustash and he said no u a girl, u cant have a mustash. girls dont have mustash..and all this stuff like that...like 2 min on this one point in his joke that girl's cant have a mustash.

a sikh girl with me was <Edited> but the rest of my (male) freinds thoght it was ok...u know, just a joke. but for the sikh girl with some hair on her face which seems fine to me, it seems wrong for a singh like roop singh to say that to a audience of sikhs that girls cant have hair like that. i tried to calm the sikh girl down but she was hurt and i think it was wrong for roop singh to say that and wrong for nobody to stop him or question him abt it after. like what is the sikh events community organizers doing here? the same thing happened at a camp in UK in the summer and now in toroito... and from real SINGHS like roop singh. i'm irritated and i wanna know does he do the same jokes everywhere he goes? have ppl in UK and wherever he has visited heard htis same stuff? what kind of sikh role model is this..

Buddy, he's right whether anyone believes it or not, Girl's are not supposed to have a moustache. What do you mean what kind of role model he is? rolleyes.gif Just because your Sikh friend that is a girl has a little bit of moustache it doesn't mean, that Girls are supposed to have a moustache. You should know that man, I am sorry but there are some things on our body that are different from MALE AND FEMALE. It's like saying, can Men give birth? grin.gif Logically, think about it and tell me. Hope this helps. :D @

Guest irritated guy

i dont kno man. i think if u tell a girl with hair on her face that women dont look like that, then she's gonna wanna make a choice between looking like a women or looking how ever she looks. pretty much u gonna make her pick nbeing a girl over being a sikh. what kind of sikh makes another sikh choose? specially when the odds are stacked against picking sikh in this society. why give that msg to young girls?

Guest gourree

Response to post by 'Singh With Dunalli' - on one hand we are to live in God's will however He keeps us and on the other we are to think 'logically'? If a female has some facial hair and she lives with it, its Hukam and the person is living with it. We all know how hard life can be and how the path of Sikhi isn't easy - just because something is nice and 'logical' to you, it doesn't mean the rest of the world lives with the same ideals and 'logic'.

Awsw Gru 7 mhlw 5 ]

hir kw nwmu irdY inq iDAweI ]

sMgI swQI sgl qrWeI ]1]

guru myrY sMig sdw hY nwly ]

ismir ismir iqsu sdw sm@wly ]1] rhwau ]

qyrw kIAw mITw lwgY ]

hir nwmu pdwrQu nwnku mWgY ]2]42]93]

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Buddy, he's right whether anyone believes it or not, Girl's are not supposed to have a moustache. What do you mean what kind of role model he is? rolleyes.gif Just because your Sikh friend that is a girl has a little bit of moustache it doesn't mean, that Girls are supposed to have a moustache. You should know that man, I am sorry but there are some things on our body that are different from MALE AND FEMALE. It's like saying, can Men give birth? grin.gif Logically, think about it and tell me. Hope this helps. :D @

no.gif

i can't believe you said that. and then we all complain about why Singhnis are tempted to bleach or remove their kes.

"girl's are not supposed to have a moustache" ??

so, if Maharaj gives me one, and a dhaari, i'm not supposed to have it? it's wrong? Maharaj's Hukam is wrong?

would you rather those Singhnis pull out each and every hair, in which Maharaj resides?

are these Singhnis not LUCKY to have more kes than "normal"? Do we have the power to define what is normal? is everyone not different? is every woman on the planet to look exactly like the ones in magazines who do everything possible to remove all the gifts given to them? is this "normality"? have we become so entranced by the maya which surrounds us that we no longer can recognise the essence of Gursikhi?

*i can't put into words how this makes me feel. logically, think about it and tell me.*

thank you to the original poster for highlighting this massive problem in our so-called Sikh community. THIS is the reason why our bhenjis are being taken away by Muslims and sent to brothels. because they have no support from their brothers and sisters in order to keep their rehit.

ਰੋਮੇ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮੇ ਮੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ਰਾਮ ॥

With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord.

~l~

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!!

Cmon guys dont act like kids.

The girl who asked this question was a kid. Be it Bhai Roop Singh Ji or any other person the reply would have been the same. I dont see any reason of makin an issue out of this. I dont see these comments hurting some BIBI sittin there.

Instead of starting a thread here you must have taken this issue right there with Bhai Roop Singh Ji. I am pretty sure he would have given a justified answer bout girls having a moustache eg Hormonal changes..stuff like that.

Bhul Chuk Maff.

GUR FATEH!!!

it is annoying tht "sikhs" are sticking up for acts like these

if bibiaa have kes on upper lip, or on chin, so what? good on them for having strength to not remvoe or alter it in any way.

if bibiaa have kes on their face then they do, its not about right or wrong, and to say girls dont have facial hair is also wrong.

to say stupid things like bibiaa shudnt have daari or make jokes about bibiaa with facial hair, is wrong.

if bibiaa have kes on upper lip, or on chin, so what? good on them for having strength to not remvoe or alter it in any way.

if bibiaa have kes on their face then they do, its not about right or wrong, and to say girls dont have facial hair is also wrong.

to say stupid things like bibiaa shudnt have daari or make jokes about bibiaa with facial hair, is wrong.

ok i can totally understand how you feel, and how the penji with you felt.

but i dont think that roop singh veer ji meant like "oh girls cant have facial hair."

he obviously knows that girls can

he prob meant like: girls cant have muchaa like he does...like most guys do..

know what i mean..like girls cant have LONG muchaa like most guys

but i get what youre saying..

i dont think he or 'Singh With Dunalli' veer ji meant: 'oh if a girl has a lil muchaa, she is less feminine.'

dont take it that seriously.

its like in a white comunity...

i live in a white comunity

and i wear a Dastaar.

people ALWAYS ALWAYS ask me.. 'isnt a turban for guys?'

i say 'where does it say that'

well enough..i look it up in a dictionary..and it says (i still have the same dictionary) :

'a headress worn by elder men in south Asia; normally tied fully around the head'

now you tell me... is the above definition correct??

if its correct, does it mean im wrong? does it mean Sikhi is wrong?

does it mean i will be hurt that guys "are supposed to" wear it, and girls "are not supposed to wear it"

no way....it dont say that in Sikhi...so why worry?

im sure that Roop Singh ji and 'Singh With Dunalli' didnt mean that girls who have facial hair should remove it.

i think they mean that girls arent meant to have beautiful flowing mustache/beards.

how many times have you seen a girl with a long mustache?

now..if i were to flip this around...

say i went to people (even in our own Sikh community)..and i asked them:

"do you think that guys are meant to have beards? you think that guys grow beards and mustaches?"

what will people say? "yes of course. guys arent meant to have a beards. all guys have beards later on"

well...just to let you know..there are guys out there who dont grow beards and/or mustaches ever in their lives.

will they not feel outcasted?

will they start using things to help them grow mustaches and/or beards?

will they feel feminine?

if theyre so true to Sikhi, they wouldnt feel all that.

i know its easier said than done, and im sorry.

but some things in life are tests from above.

whether or not you feel that atm.. it'll help you later on.

and my heart goes out to those penjis who dont remove/bleach etc...

cuz in the end...they are the most beautiful of all. pray.gif

and i just wanna say...

veer ji, you mustn't take these things to heart jio.

things in life will be the way you perceive them to be.

im really sorry if i have offended anyone.

peace...

GurFateh.

but i dont think that roop singh veer ji meant like "oh girls cant have facial hair."

he obviously knows that girls can

he prob meant like: girls cant have muchaa like he does...like most guys do..

know what i mean..like girls cant have LONG muchaa like most guys

but i get what youre saying..

i dont think he or 'Singh With Dunalli' veer ji meant: 'oh if a girl has a lil muchaa, she is less feminine.'

dont take it that seriously.

I appreciate your response, and I am glad you thought it out logically, before jumping to conclusions. :TH:

no.gif

i can't believe you said that. and then we all complain about why Singhnis are tempted to bleach or remove their kes.

"girl's are not supposed to have a moustache" ??

so, if Maharaj gives me one, and a dhaari, i'm not supposed to have it? it's wrong? Maharaj's Hukam is wrong?

would you rather those Singhnis pull out each and every hair, in which Maharaj resides?

are these Singhnis not LUCKY to have more kes than "normal"? Do we have the power to define what is normal? is everyone not different? is every woman on the planet to look exactly like the ones in magazines who do everything possible to remove all the gifts given to them? is this "normality"? have we become so entranced by the maya which surrounds us that we no longer can recognise the essence of Gursikhi?

*i can't put into words how this makes me feel. logically, think about it and tell me.*

thank you to the original poster for highlighting this massive problem in our so-called Sikh community. THIS is the reason why our bhenjis are being taken away by Muslims and sent to brothels. because they have no support from their brothers and sisters in order to keep their rehit.

ਰੋਮੇ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮੇ ਮੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ਰਾਮ ॥

With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord.

~l~

So are you saying that you will grow a flowing beard, and a long moustache like a male? If you do, than good for you I guess, but the AVERAGE female I know doesn't have that be it Sikh or not. grin.gif Anyone can grow a little bit of linings on your face, but what I was saying is how many girlfriends do you have that have a flowing beard, and moustache? grin.gif The part that I highlighted, you are just putting words in my mouth. I did not mean anything like that. rolleyes.gif I would appreciate it if you would read it carefully rather than jumping to conclusions.