Roop Singh's Mustash

Guest irritated guy

Guest Roop Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

This is Roop Singh, I have just been informed about this topic. I would just like to add my own comments and give my own perspective of the events that took place.

As a 'entertaining' speaker I have to give little anecdotes or humour to entice the audience, I thought of this anecdote and was wondering whether to use it or not; especially after seeing two Bibia one elder and one younger both with facial hair. The elder, had a fairly substantial growth on her chin and the younger had something substantially less. I mentioned it to my wife whether I should use the anecdote or not before I went on stage. She replied "it might not be a good idea to use it on this occasion" but we agreed that we'd leave it to the Guru to guide me whether to use it or not. In the back of my mind I decided against using it, but when I was on stage and after experiencing the rapport that I had built with the audience, something made me tell this particular story. I could see the audience saw the funny side. I assumed they also understood it wasnt aimed at Sikh girls as the story was with a caucasian six year old girl. Anyway, the rest of the performance seemed to have gone down well and I didnt think more about it. I was then approached by a young Bibi and her friend during the break who told me that they were somewhat hurt and definately didnt find the comments "funny". At that point I felt a great deal of remoarse, I unprofoundly and sincerely apologised. I also asked them if they would prefer this story be taken out of my remit and to which they replied they would. So I assured them I would not use this story again. I also tried to help them see that it was never meant with malicious intent to which they seemed to give me the impression that they were quite mature and accepted my apologies and it was basically left at that.

Looking back, I think they must have been deeply hurt for someone to bring this to the attention of the 'cyber sangat'. I think it is a real issue that does affect society, but let me tell you another little story there is one caucasian non-Sikh woman who lives somewhere in America (possibly Texas) that has a FULL beard and moustache and she is very proud of it - repeat NON-SIKH.

Finally, may I once again publicly and unreservedly apologise for offended or hurting any Sikh Bibi.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Panth Da Daas

Roop Singh

Guest -girl-

Sikh women are bombarded with enough voices telling them how they should look in today's society. The last place they need to hear the social "norms" of beauty reinforced is through the Sangat and from Gursikhs.

I heard Roop Singh's comments and found them wholly inappropriate. In fact, his wife too had advised him to drop that comment from his story, but he, for some unknown reason, decided to use it regardless.

"Singh with Dunalli" jee, who cares what the "average" female looks like? Since when do Sikhs look anything like the "average" anyways? If a Sikh woman doesn't fit your idea of the "norm", nor her own idea of the norm, what can she do about it? As stated by "irritated guy", she has the choice to become more "lady-like" or remain a Sikh. She most likely knows she has that choice because she's faced with it everytime she sees herself and everytime anyone else sees her. Why should the Sangat reinforce that rather than embrace her as she is? We shouldn't be stuck in how things "should" be or how they "normally" are. Instead, it should suffice to know that Guru Sahib works in mysterious ways.

thank you to the original poster for highlighting this massive problem in our so-called Sikh community. THIS is the reason why our bhenjis are being taken away by Muslims and sent to brothels. because they have no support from their brothers and sisters in order to keep their rehit.

no i dont think so....

they have their own brain..most of them dont wanna follow sikhi anyways...they too weak

girls need to stop blaimin the guys...

and start takin action for their own doings :D

i would write more...but dont got time right now

I agree with Khalsa_Girl_1

and what do you know ti? It's coming from a girl. Good to see girls exist who can put front the faults of their own community, compared to girls like Lowest who supports girls who go towards muslim men in retaliation to "No one helps me, i hate the sikh kaum for not helping me"

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

I am sorry for blaming guys for everything, supporting girls who go towards muslim men in retaliation to "No one helps me, i hate the sikh kaum for not helping me", for putting words in people's mouths, and for jumping to conclusions.

~l~

and what do you know ti? It's coming from a girl. Good to see girls exist who can put front the faults of their own community, compared to girls like Lowest who supports girls who go towards muslim men in retaliation to "No one helps me, i hate the sikh kaum for not helping me"

WHAT THE H*LL is WRong with you?!?!

Do u even KNOW who this singhni is???

Is that all you lot can do, resort to name-calling/personal attack!

Great.

but i dont think that roop singh veer ji meant like "oh girls cant have facial hair."he obviously knows that girls canhe prob meant like: girls cant have muchaa like he does...like most guys do..know what i mean..like girls cant have LONG muchaa like most guysbut i get what youre saying..

Exactly :TH:

So are you saying that you will grow a flowing beard, and a long moustache like a male? If you do, than good for you I guess, but the AVERAGE female I know doesn't have that be it Sikh or not. Anyone can grow a little bit of linings on your face, but what I was saying is how many girlfriends do you have that have a flowing beard, and moustache? The part that I highlighted, you are just putting words in my mouth. I did not mean anything like that. I would appreciate it if you would read it carefully rather than jumping to conclusions.

Sorry, but it seems liek YOU atre jumping to conclusions. Stop putting words in her mouth. Why do you always gof rot he extreme just to prove her wrong? :D It interesting you sed the hylyted bits coz u doing it urself :D

EVERY1 please at least think before answering wacko.gif

WHAT THE H*LL is WRong with you?!?!

Do u even KNOW who this singhni is???

Is that all you lot can do, resort to name-calling/personal attack!

Great.

but i dont think that roop singh veer ji meant like "oh girls cant have facial hair."he obviously knows that girls canhe prob meant like: girls cant have muchaa like he does...like most guys do..know what i mean..like girls cant have LONG muchaa like most guysbut i get what youre saying..

Exactly :TH:

So are you saying that you will grow a flowing beard, and a long moustache like a male? If you do, than good for you I guess, but the AVERAGE female I know doesn't have that be it Sikh or not. Anyone can grow a little bit of linings on your face, but what I was saying is how many girlfriends do you have that have a flowing beard, and moustache? The part that I highlighted, you are just putting words in my mouth. I did not mean anything like that. I would appreciate it if you would read it carefully rather than jumping to conclusions.

Sorry, but it seems liek YOU atre jumping to conclusions. Stop putting words in her mouth. Why do you always gof rot he extreme just to prove her wrong? :s It interesting you sed the hylyted bits coz u doing it urself :D

EVERY1 please at least think before answering wacko.gif

When did I put words in her mouth? rolleyes.gif Now, I could say a whole lot, but I ain't going to bother man, I ain't going to be like you. rolleyes.gif Anyways, if it's a sorry you want to hear, than Sorry. I really hope your happy now homie. :TH:

I am sorry for blaming guys for everything, supporting girls who go towards muslim men in retaliation to "No one helps me, i hate the sikh kaum for not helping me", for putting words in people's mouths, and for jumping to conclusions.

~l~

:D Now, you are making me feel really guilty. We were just having a conversation, I hope you did not take offence to what I or anyone else said. I would really like your insight on this topic. I responsed to your answer, and I would like it for you to keep the topic going, but please by apologizing unncesseraily, you making me even a more moorakh person than I think I am. no.gif I will apologize to you to if you think I said something wrong. :s: :cry::

Please forgive me. tongue.gif :