Meditation and Bhuddists

Ryu Hayabusa

Sat Sri Akal:

Khalsa Sahib Ji, that is the wierd part. Buddhism and the Taoism (where the concept of Tao comes from) are two completely separate paths which seem to have been combined later on. Buddhism has its own texts and Taoism is based on the Tao Te Ching (GREAT writing...describes the Tao almost like the Almighty...has resemblence to Jaap Sahib). It seems that someone later on combined the two into Zen Buddhism. The concepts you are describing are very much like Taoism.

P.S. All of these texts are available at: http://www.sacred-texts.com !!!

It has a LOT of texts on all the major religions. It is great to read these texts and get a feel for exactly how deep Sikhism is actually is...

Guru Nanak Dev ji went on Udasis to share Sikhi, and the entire concept of it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, veer ji, Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not go on Udasis. he rejected their thinking. Guru ji based his thought on Gurbani. The shabad Guru, and his thinking was followed on by Sahib Siri Guru Angad dev Ji.

Udasis are not sikhs, and their thinking was rejected by the Guru sahibaans.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, veer ji, Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not go on Udasis. he rejected their thinking. Guru ji based his thought on Gurbani. The shabad Guru, and his thinking was followed on by Sahib Siri Guru Angad dev Ji.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh!!

Gur Khalsa, Veerji,

I think we both may have different definitions for Udasis, I think an Udasi to be a journey to show others the path of truth, Guru Nanak Dev ji spent most of his life preaching Sikhi, and the word of God. He did base his thoughts on shabad guru, which was the main focus of his mission. But to do that he had to show the truth to other people, therefore going on journeys to Sri Lanka, Tibet, and other places to spread Sikhi. Bhul chuk maaf!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh!!

Guru Nanak Dev ji went on Udasis to share Sikhi, and the entire concept of it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I think you got mixed Udasi with Udasis.

Udasis are sikh they were allowed to become sikh at the end. If I remember right Baba Sri Chand when to see Sri Guru HarGobind Ji and said I am sorry for all my mistake, and the Udasis helped sikhs in war as well. If I remember Baba Sri Chand help write a Paath not sort which one.

Guest Akaal108

This is an amazing video.. i have saw that quite a while ago... it about relaxation ..bunch of american researchers went to himalyas.. test some hardcore buddhist monks and also its shows you way of kundalini yoga by testing harminder kaur khalsa (3ho)

here is the video:

http://www.pbs.org/saf/1310/video/watchonline.htm

Its called just relax .. the 4th video from the top...Amazing video!!!!!!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

pyare jio, I have always had a lot of respect for buddhists, and found them to be very nice people.

This interest later led me to read the life story of Buddha. I originally thought it would be profound, like our Guru Kian sakhees. But was quite dissappointed. It was very dry and basic.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

veer ji, what book did u read and how was it dissappointing to you??

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, the book was one the books officially authorised in mainstream buddism. The reason I found it disappointing was because, as has been mentioned buddhism is about being tyaagi, and knowing ones limits, and the inevitability of death. Buddha great revelations, are basic common sense. I did not find them very revealing.

There is nothing disagreeable, and it is all common sense. Possibly it was just me, I thought I would find something really profound. Like when you read gurbani, and you start to understand, Sat, Sontokh, Daya , and Dharam. Or Karam philosphy, or naam and it relation with the mun, and the overwhelming feeling of bairaag, or saas giraas naam abyass entering the dasam duaar.

Gurmat is so profound. As soon you think you understand it, you suddenly realise, you know nothing and it is so much deeper. Then you realise what an ocean Gurbani really is.

I think it may be me, I saw a real spiritualist in Buddha, and was expecting really eye opening vichaar, not basic inevitabilities. Buddha defines the nature of the world well, but does not provide adequate answers, neither a vision for mankind. This is my opinion. Gurmat defines the nature of the world far mar accurately and deeply, then shows man how everything negative derives from the mind, kaam, krodh, lob , moh hankaar. Then how to replace, and overcome these emotions, and a vision, of Naam japna, kirt karne & wand ke Chakna. The concept of the saint soldier, and seva, simran, sacrifice, and complete love for humanity and the creation, leading to sat, sontokh, daya, and dharam.

This is just my opinion, I was s

imilarly disappointed when i read the bible and koran. Both have some fantastically positive learning in them. But I have come across nothing as profound as Shabad Guru.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

This is an amazing video.. i have saw that quite a while ago... it about relaxation ..bunch of american researchers went to himalyas.. test some hardcore buddhist monks and also its shows you way of kundalini yoga by testing harminder kaur khalsa (3ho)

here is the video:

http://www.pbs.org/saf/1310/video/watchonline.htm

Its called just relax .. the 4th video from the top...Amazing video!!!!!!!!!

wubb.gif AWESOME!