Accepting Roti From Sehajdhari Mother

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you ALL are missing a BIG point:

Do you know where food comes from, from dirty places and you wash the vegetables and mostly prepared by "Goray" and other people and then they are shipped to super markets, those of you who said we should only eat from Amritdhari's, well guys dont go shopping to sainsbury's or other supermarkets (Just get a COW at home and then get the milk from her, and grow your own veggies in your back garden), because the food in there was not prepared by Amritdharis, think logical, dont think stupid and silly.

In majority of cases, we shall all be punished for buying prepared or any other food from supermarkets, what a silly nonsense i say.

Pagal or what! no.gif

Do you know where food comes from, from dirty places and you wash the vegetables and mostly prepared by "Goray" and other people and then they are shipped to super markets, those of you who said we should only eat from Amritdhari's, well guys dont go shopping to sainsbury's or other supermarkets (Just get a COW at home and then get the milk from her, and grow your own veggies in your back garden), because the food in there was not prepared by Amritdharis, think logical, dont think stupid and silly.

In majority of cases, we shall all be punished for buying prepared or any other food from supermarkets, what a silly nonsense i say.

Pagal or what! no.gif

the cow aint amritdhari, is she? no.gif

Pagal or what! no.gif

the cow aint amritdhari, is she? no.gif

LOL.gif

I've posted the article in this thread about Bibek and it has been linked TWICE in this thread but no one seems to read it. The article outlines using Sikhi rules in order to show the importance of being strict in your eating if you are Amritdhari. It's funny that people in this thread who are non-Amritdhari giving advice that it is ok to eat whereever you like and that all that matters is love not who makes it. If you haven't taken Amrit then you don't know that the answer to the question in this thread. Our personal opinions don't matter, Guru Sahib's orders matter, they will save us in the end, not our opinions. I personally try to follow bibek, but it is very difficult. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes I am not. I am still learning, I hope one day that I can follow bibek properly.

PLEASE GO BACK IN THIS THREAD AND READ THE ARTICLE THAT WAS POSTED FOR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL ADDRESSED.

From the article:

It is, therefore, clear from the above that if a Sikh is to strictly follow the commandments or Code of Conduct enunciated at the time of partaking of Amrit, he has to share food and keep relationships with Gursikhs (i.e., Amritdharis) only. There is no 'elitism' or 'communalism' in it. In fact, it is a practice ordained by Guru Sahib himself. It does not reek of Hinduism or Brahminism, as some people say. In the case of Brahminism, the low-caste people remain untouchable throughout their lives simply because of the accident of their birth, and there is no means by which they can be upgraded and made acceptable, with respect to sharing food with them. In Sikhism, all people, irrespective of their caste, religion, race, country, etc., are welcome to the Khalsa fold. Once they become Khalsa after taking Amrit, they are then an integral part of the Khalsa Panth, and it is always a privilege to share food and contract marital relationship with them, whatever may have been their original faith, race, etc. In fact, this is the holy way employed by the Satguru for the uplift of humanity.

Much fuss is made on this point because at the congregations of the Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the Guru-Ka-Langar is generally prepared by Guru-Ke-Sikhs (Amritdharis) only. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh followed this rule strictly and, in addition, had his food prepared in All-carbon Steel vessels. This practice is referred to as Bibek in Sikhism. This tradition of being an All-carbon Steel Bibeki is not an innovation of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh or any other person. It has been in vogue right from the time of Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh ii, who himself set this precept by using all-carbon steel vessels and Khanda for the preparation of the Holy Amrit given to the original Panj Pyaras at the time of the Birth of the Khalsa on Baisakhi of 1699 AD. Since then, certain sections of devout Singhs have been following this principle until even today, not simply for preparing Amrit, but also for preparing food.

***[NOTE: proof for the tradition of Bibekee Singhs can be found in the historical records of M.A. Macauliffe who writes "..so amid the general corruption of the religion of Gobind there are to be found about one hundred Sikhs at Naderh in the Dakhan, who are said to have up to the present time preserved intact the faith and ceremonies of Guru Gobind. They have kept aloof from the contact of Brahmins. Brahmin ministrations are not permitted either at their births, their marriages, or their obsequies. Whether they be Brahmin or Sudras who receive the sacramental pahul, all are by this fact admitted within a pale of social and religious equality. Brahmin weds Sudra and Sudra weds Brahmin. No need, therefore, to put their infant daughters to death through fear of not obtaining for them husbands of their own social status, as is the custom among such a large section of the Sikhs of Punjab. And widow marriages, reprobated by Hindus and now consequently by the Sikhs of the Punjab are habitually solemnised with the clearest conscience among the Sikhs of Naderh...At Patna, as at Naderh, the Sikhs pay the strictest attention to the Injunctions of Guru Gobind. Sleeping or waking, they are never without the habiliments known as the "five Ks." So strong is the aversion of the more orthodox among them to Hindus, that they will not even partake of food cooked by their hands. This is carrying orthodoxy a long way, but still further is it carried when they will not partake of food cooked even by a Sikh who has not on his person all the ‘five Ks’" (Macauliffe in "The Sikh Religion under Banda and its Present Condition")

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Pagal or what! no.gif

BIBEK DHAN Pay attention to Ardas for once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need all Gurdwaras to have steel eating utensils and Amritdari Langar sevadars.

Pagal or what! no.gif

We need all Gurdwaras to have steel eating utensils and Amritdari Langar sevadars.

Bibek/Bibayk in Ardaas isn't speaking of (Sarbloh) bibek, Unless the ardaas specificially states Sarbloh it which i have never heard of. The word Bibayk speaks of being Aware, Intuitiveness, Contemplativeness, having Bibayk Budhi (intellect). Being aware of God conciousness. Having the intuitivness of God Awareness, understanding.

Pagal or what! no.gif

Bibek/Bibayk in Ardaas isn't speaking of (Sarbloh) bibek, Unless the ardaas specificially states Sarbloh it which i have never heard of. The word Bibayk speaks of being Aware, Intuitiveness, Contemplativeness, having Bibayk Budhi (intellect). Being aware of God conciousness. Having the intuitivness of God Awareness, understanding.

Thats what i thought too Phaji! grin.gif