Gobinds "shorn Flock"

Guest Narinder Singh

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there this backward trend in india vs the west? I don't know about the uk or canada, but here in the states i know of more sikhs that have gone from being clean shaven to keeping their kes (including myself) than those that have cut it. In india its going totally backwards!

I remember even 9 years ago when i decided to keep my kes, my relatives in punjab couldnt believe that a kid from america would do that.

what i've noticed from my cousins and my visits to punjab is that the youth no longer is educated about sikhi. There are gurdwaras everywhere but they hardly know anything about gurbani or sikhi. It seems like one of those taken-for-granted situations. They are surrounded by sikhi all day so they forget about their own connection to waheguru. They forget about their own history. Its kinda like how i live 3 blocks from the Liberty Bell and the site of the first US congress and where the declaration of independance was signed, but its nothing special to me anymore. I never think about how amazing it is.

I gain so much pride just through wearing my dastaar, so why dont they?

actually in addition to that . . .

i have noticed, even in this forum the elitism that many of us who dedicated to sikhi express towards those less dedicated. looking down and belittling someone for not being as panthic as you will do nothing but turn them away from sikhi even more.

our job, no . . . resposibilty is to encourage others to come back to sikhi through the teaching of gurbani and our history. anger and degradtion will only break ones spirit, not build it.

wjkk

wjkf

look its only coz there was only a mona shaheed.

bhagat singh was keshdari before shaheedi but the brainwashed sikhs of india don't know thsi because they think bobby deol in a bollywood film about bhagat singh is 100% accurate. If bollywood told Indian sikhs that gandhi was a singh they would believe it in a second.

I said this on this forum before and i will say it again. After all the jhujaroo singhs and singhnees that indian sikhs betrayed in india during the movement, what do sikhs in india expect, some golden ageof sikhi was going to come about in india? When the very man who told people to go to nanadpur sahib to take anrit, sant jarnail singh ji, was barnded a terrorist and martyred, what do people expect in that country for sikhs. It is so like us iskhs, so naive, like sheep on a leash. We kill of all the jhujaroo singhs, kill off the rehit rakhan waale soorme jhode of teh panth and now we say, hey man what's happening to sikhs in punjab?

come on people wake up.

kharkoo singh and palamrinder hit on right on. You reap what you sowe. All those people who betrayed sikhi in it's hour of need don't deserve sikhi, nor do they respect it.

like khalsa kasanova I too after 9/11 as an american went from being clean shaven to grwoing my kesh and wearing a turban to work, along with my other mona friend. we aren't gursikhs yet but we realize the importance of the sikh identity and are going towards it rather than away from it like sikhs in punjab.

like anything else in life, you don't realize what you have until you lose it. let all these people lose sikhi and then when punajb is 100% infested with drugs and prostitution, then theyw ill remember what sikhi is.

peace.

article is eye opening and i suggest ever body to read it and do as much parchaar of sikhi and creating the feeling of sikhism and inspiring the youths to be a sikh.

i am surprised that the press reporters are more wise and worried than our religious leaders or gyaanis (jathedaar and pardhan)

they are doing nothing to save sikhi

and well i also think that every one or any very very simple or ordinary person is also not be able or worthy to be a sikh.

if u want to be sikh u shud have some spirit inside u.

u shud already be in love with sikhi b4 ur became a sikh.

wot will be the use of making every one a sikh if one is not interested.

we cant force any body to be a sikh, unless he will do the works which will create bad images of sikhs.

but wot we can do is PARCHAAR OF SIKHI in the way that younsters get familiar with the sikh history and all all the QUARBANIES (SHAHEEDIAN) OF SHAHEEDS.

and then they wud love sikhi and will know that how precious is sikhi and our hair and turbuns.

i want to give an example

in inida mostly in punjab yougsters are crazy abt shaeed bhagat singh

people have his posters and pictures in homes.

younsters have his pictues on their expensive cars.

look its only coz there was only a mona shaheed.

youngsters have groups and organisations and running on bhagatsingh's name .

but there are alots of shaheeds in sikh history and they even dnt knew any of their name.

coz its all abt parchaar

bhagat singh's films are made in bollywood and its goes on international level.

in history taught in our schools history of sikh gurus is only mentioned in punjab education board but bhagat singh's history is in all cbse icse syllabus.

hun samajh ni lagdi ki how shud i end this post.

i have too much of things in my mind.

cany expalin every thing.

but only high level and good parchar cud cure this patit puna.

:e:

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji kee fateh

i dont know how should i express my feeling, but living in india and that too capital of india, what i have realiesed that all these things are happening due to system failure from our so called dharam prachark commitee i.e sgpc, dsgpc etc. Please dont misunderstand me i am not including damdami taksaal and akj.

I personally i held responsible all those people who are looking for excuse to get away from our greatest sikhi. The kind of statement that has been given by vedanti , i dont think he influencing people to remain sikh. he rather showing a way to get out of sikhi.

I wish if akaal purukh can listen to my ardaas, and true religious schools like akj and dadami taksaal should again get required supprt from every one to maKe sure that sikhi is getting promoted in every cornor on universe.

What i feel after 1984 our commitee like sgpc and dsgps both are siNging the songs which our govt wants to hear . and thats one the reason why these people are doing these kind of manmats.

I totally agree with sunny bhaji abt it .

But i must also confess that all those perents whoes kids are doing it , they are also responsible for it, because the first teacher for a human would be his mom, and its her responsibility to make sure that her kid really understand and importance of being sikh, and what kind of school of thought we belong to, on the other hands we should also support tru sikh organisations to make sure that there is enough sikhi prachar across the world including every singal village of punjab, i wish if some one can really hear my request and ask these organisations sgpc, dsgpc to stop sereving their bossess and come back to thier orginal purpose of establishment THATS PROMOTING SIKHI.

Daas dont know much about sikhi, but what i feel that daas is nothing if he is not able keep rahat,

Please Akaal purukh give us the kind of knowledge and light so i should always be in you love and bani

phul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji kee fateh

pray.gif

So sad but what can we do i think all my dads side of the family in India have cut their hair apart from like the grandads there is a similiar trend in my moms side its shocking

well i think i can really understand what you might be going through ,

if akaal purukh forgive i would like to tel you about my family situaiton though i dont want to glorfy what i did, it was same situation with me , like uncle family both in maternal side had cut their hair were living manmukh life. though i was fortunate as my parents were totally devoted towards sikhi and were keeping rehat to its best. and to add more to that my parents took seva of gurusahib in home so it was like we an environment where were all the time in love of gurusahib.

I used to feel alone but then i prayed to akaal purukh abt my sitaution that i want another singh from our next genration of our family, akal purukh showed us the way, what happend i started visiting G. Bangla Sahib almost every morning at 1:30 am. after kind of six months my naphew joined me in that seva, even started enjoying sikhi and then our whole like uncles took steps towards it . now after a time frame of kind of three years, i can see my uncles family doing seva of gurusahib along with my parents. EVEN MY COUSINS WHO HAD CUT THEIR KAISH COZ 1984 RIOT , HAS TAKEN STEP TOWARDS SIKHI AFTER ASKING FOR FORGIVENSES FROM AKAL PURUKH . AND NOW FOLLOWING PATH OF SIKHI

please sadh sangat ji please dont take me wrong i dont have any intention to glorfy what happend in our family , but if my story can motivate some one then i ll say i am been blessed by blessing of akal purukh

i am your daas sadh sangat ji

please forgive me if i have said which i was not suppsed to say

pray.gif

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji kee fateh

like anything else in life, you don't realize what you have until you lose it. let all these people lose sikhi and then when punajb is 100% infested with drugs and prostitution, then theyw ill remember what sikhi is.

So true. You have to go away from something to love it again. Its' a natural human behaviour. Some do it with keeping kesh, and some do it without. However, when they come back to SIKHI, its' pure GURSIKHI JEEVAN. :D

Its' not just in Punjab, its' in Delhi as well. Those are the two main states where Sikhi is mainy at in India. The article stated that its' not far where there will be not a single Sardar left in villages of Punjab. Regardless of this happens or not. There still will be a new damaka in India. When sin reaches it highest level, its' starts to desemble with the will of Akal Purakh. Sin can only reach a certain level, but when that level is reached, it starts to come positive faster than the blink of an eye, and this is what is going to happen in India. Prostitution, Drugs, Violence, Female Killings is going to reach its' highest in India (Punjab and Delhi) than you are going to see a revoluntion that will make Sikhi reach the sky in India.

People will come back to Sikhi if Akal Purakh wants. If Akal Purakh wants Sikhi to stay alive, not a single power is this world can stop it from happening. I guarantee you that.

This is something which needs immediate action.When I go to Punjab increasing numbers of Sikhs have cut their Kesh including the sons and daughters of Sants and SGPC employees.In some areas of Punjab it is 90% who hav e cut their kesh taht means tha the population of Sikhs will drop from 20 million to about 2 million in a few years in Punjab and then dissaper entirely in the next 20 years. I have noticed that most Sants , Kirtanis do not express enough importance to kepping Kesh. The SGPC are not doing anything either.