Dr Zakir Naik

I'll try to keep this article as short as possible

Dr Zakir Naik is an islamic 'scholar' born in mumbai (india).He heads the Islamic Research Foundation, based in Mumbai. He is world renowned among muslims for his debating skills especially by his quality of providing random references from memorised verses from various holy books. Muslims highly respect him coz they believe he is doing a lot for spreading islam and has converted lots of people by holding massive seminars and lecturing them....and i admit he is really a good speaker (though he stammers while talking in daily life but not on stages). I used to watch zakir naik's seminars on t.v along with my muslim mates and was always amazed that if zakir naik can provide all answers from holy books and prove that islam is the only religion or way of life as told by god them what about my religion???? Is it fake or man made???? I listened to his debates and tried to catch him and guess what ...i did catch him.

Just a small example: once while watching his show on tv where a question was raised by a person that if islam is the religion of peace why did it spread with force???....and he refuted the question indirectly but clearly that islam didn't spread with force which was a joke.

ON SIKHISM: I was always curious about his opinion on sikhism though i always knew he would reject sikhism but i always wanted to know the area in sikhism which he would choose to attack. so while searcing for his opinion i came across his book (which is another example of his decieving people by his skill) in his analysis of sikhism published in his book the "concept of god in major religions" where he wrote very briefly about sikhism and made grave mistakes in order to mislead people by writing like guru nanak devji was influenced by kabir e.t.c. and has nowhere mentioned about qualities of guru granth sahib. check here: http://www.irf.net/book1.zip

CRITICS : A staunch critic of islam and zakir naik is ali sina who runs the website faithfreedom.org. He claims to be an ex muslim from iran and wants the world to libreate the world from this cult called islam.

Internet debater Ali Sina's offer to Naik for a written debate has remained unanswered for over 3 years.

After numerous attempts to reach out to Naik, Sina has been instructed by Naik's assistants that Naik does not participate in written debate. Sina has instead been posed a counter challenge by Naik's supporters to arrange for a live audience of at least 10,000 people. Sina, in counter claim, says this demand is not justified and cites the threat to his life from Islamic terrorists as well as the lack of time in a televised debate. He has instead offered to publish the written debate on his website.

He has challenged zakir naik for a written debate but after three years zakir naik is not willing for a written debate.

check this link for the e mails sent to him and the replies recieved http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/ZakirNaik.htm

on ali sina's review on zakir naik's debate with william campbell click here: http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/NaikCampbellintro.htm

Ali sina has debated with various muslim scholars on various issues and claims they have stopped debating with him. Since issuing his challenge in 2001, Sina has held numerous debates with both Muslim scholars and non-scholars. Prominent scholars among those who debated with Sina include Abu Saleh, Prof. Abdul Hadi Palazzi, Dr. Alireza Assar, Javed Ahmad Ghamidi[15], Yamin Zakaria[16] and Edip Yuksel[17]. Arguably the most prominent of the scholars with whom Sina exchanged a letter [18] with was the Grand Ayatollah Montazeri, the former deputy of Ayatollah Khomeini who later became a dissident and critic of the Islamic Republic.

for ali sina's debates click here: http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates.htm

The reason why i have started this topic is because like me you may very often encounter a muslim these days especially youth raving about this so called scholar (actually a showman) who is the latest household name in muslim ummah (community) so i feel we also should have substantial knowledge in order to counter the praises of a fake "scho-liar " with some true facts about his whole game.

Moral: AL TAQIYYA ROCKS!!!!..........without this trick islam is nothing coz it is actually nothing but a lie.

check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakir_Naik

If you say ANYTHING with conviction and with force, you'll be convincing. Sikhs generally have so much self-doubt they can't pull this sort of parchaar off. And the fact is that there are NO contradictions in Sikhi or major problems like Islam and the other faiths. But regardless, we are so insecure, we can't do it.

At any rate, look at the brilliant logic this guy uses to justify polygamy. He claims a woman has no worth or option but to get married or be "public property"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X65F9w0Neo

Also, please have a look at some moderate Moslems debating how much Islam allows the beating of women. What a beautiful and modern religion!

Guest SarblohKhalsa.Net

the guys a toothpaste, man he cant even sort out his own priorities this guy is the most biggest phony iv seen, hes been callin women lower den men and sikhism 'not the true path'

WHAT THIS GUY NEEDS IS SOME LESSON ON RELIGION AND ALSO HE NEEDS TO GET SOME FOOD WHILE HES AT IT, THE POOR GUY IS BOUT TO DIE OF STARVATION :D

zakir.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^ THATS HIM!!!!!!!! :@

Naik is well known for talking out of his backside. He says there are 4 million more women in the UK then women. The figure is actually 1.6 million more women then men. There you have the level of Muslim intellect and honesty. The muppet has dozens of people who act as his researchers and he has a lot of resources at his disposal yet he cannot each check his facts about male-female populations.

Further comparison of Naik's facts

Germany has 1.75 million more female than males. NOT five million as claimed by Naik.

In Russia he says that there are 9 million more females then men. On this one fact he is correct but if we analyse the figures further it totally demolishes his argument! Since his whole basis of using these figure is to justify the four marriages that Muslims are allowed by the Koran then we need to look at these figures differently.

In the marriage age groups of say 19 - 45 in Russia men OUTNUMBER women by about 50,000. The excess of 9 million more women to men only starts showing up in the over 50's age group! There are over 8.5 million more women then men in the over 50's age group. This is because Russia lost a large number of men in the 2nd world war. So this fool thinks that women over 50 should either become second wives for men or become public property!

His analysis of the effect of homosexuality is also incorrect. Just as normally it is assumed that 10% of the population is gay in most countries this is not just gay men but also lesbian women. Naik is a total murakh and it just shows the mentality of Muslims that this guy is the most intelligent Muslim that they could produce.

Dr. Zakir Naik is a great show man and nothing else. We all know that there is a good potential to make money if you can convince people that you hold the ultimate truth. I used to listen to his debates and thought he was a true scholar but with recent analysis of his debates show that he uses his fast "references" to fool people who are less knowledgeable. Please read analysis on his debates and claims.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/NaikCampbellintro.htm

Here is the 'scholars' view on Sikhi-

DEFINITION OF SIKH AND SIKHISM

The word ‘Sikh’ is derived from the word sisya meaning disciple or follower. Sikhism is a religion of ten Gurus, the first Guru being Guru Nanak and the tenth and the last being Guru Gobind Singh. The sacred book of Sikhism is Sri Guru Granth also called Adi Granth Sahib.

THE FIVE – ‘K’s

Every Sikh is supposed to keep the following five ‘K’s, which also serve to identify him as a Sikh:

Kesh – uncut hair.

Kanga – comb; used to keep the hair clean.

Kada – metal or steel bangle; for strength and self-restraint.

Kirpan – dagger; for self-defence.

Kaccha – special knee length underwear or under-drawer for agility.

II

CONCEPT OF GOD IN SIKHISM:

MULMANTRA: THE FUNDAMENTAL CREED OF SIKHISM

The best definition that any Sikh can give regarding the concept of God in Sikhism is to quote the Mulmantra – the fundamental creed of Sikhism, which occurs at the beginning of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

It is mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib, volume 1 Japuji, the first verse:

"There exists but one God, who is called The True, The Creator, Free from fear and hate, Immortal, Not begotten, Self-Existent, Great and Compassionate."

Sikhism is a monotheistic Religion

Sikhism enjoins its followers to practise strict monotheism. It believes in only One Supreme God who is, in the unmanifest form, called Ek Omkara.

In the manifest form He is called Omkara and has several attributes such as:

Kartar – The Creator

Akal – The Eternal

Sattanama – The Holy Name

Sahib – The Lord

Parvardigar – The Cherisher

Rahim – The Merciful

Karim – The Benevolent

He is also called Wahe Guru – the One true God.

Besides Sikhism being strictly monotheistic, it also does not believe in Avataravada – the doctrine of incarnation. Almighty God does not incarnate Himself in what is known as Avatara. Sikhism is also strongly against idol worship.

Guru Nanak was influenced by Sant Kabir

Guru Nanak was influenced by the sayings of Sant Kabir so much that several chapters of Sri Guru Granth Sahib contain couplets of Sant Kabir.

One of the famous couplets of Sant Kabir is:

"Dukh mein sumirana sabh karein

Sukh mein karein na koya

Jo sukh mein sumirana karein

To dukh kaye hoye?"

"In times of trouble, God is remembered by all

But none remembers Him during peace and happiness.

If God is remembered in good times of happiness

Why should trouble occur?"

Compare this with the following verse of the Qur’an:

"When some trouble toucheth man,

He crieth unto his Lord,

Turning to Him in repentance:

But when He bestoweth

A favour upon him

As from Himself,

(Man) doth forget what he cried

And prayed for before,

And he doth set up

Rivals unto Allah."

[Al-Qur’an 39:8]

The Sikh scriptures therefore emphasise monotheism and God-consciousness.

The reason he is spreading false information about guru nanak devji coz by doing this 'the word of god' or 'messenger of god' factor goes out of contention and hence guru nanak devji is reduced to a mere saint influenced by another saint and guru granth sahib ji is reduced to a mere book of compilations of hymns or poetry of various saints ans ultimately sikhism is merely reduced to a man made religion rather than true religion of god......how smart!!!!!....but that's the way he is

What we desperately need is a sikh scholar on gurmat who can propogate the faith around the world holding seminars and debates and counter these fake showmans who malign other religions ang we have none to defend ours.

I fink Sukhpreet singh udoke of gursikh foundation has a good knowledge and can develop himelf into a world class scholar.