Sikhism Getting To Peoples Head

Hardeep__singh

I went to Gurdwara yesterday as part of my Networking class, came down and this Bibi goes "Mundyo, langar kha khe jayo"

Well since this guys taken amrit, I think hankar has taken over him, I done nothing wrong to him, nor does he say fateh or salute, anyway, He brings over some sabji, and I say no i wont have that, thanx, the other two boys had it, next he doesnt even come over to me with the dhal or the roti, so i was left without the langar, so this Bibi comes over says "aint you eating" I said he didnt serve me, I felt so low, I was denied Guru dha langar! Finally I got the dhal, so I just had little bit of it.........

This guy, even if i am stood with my fellow sikhs, he never says hi to people who are not fully blown sikhs, aint we supposed to be treated equal.......in this way I am thinking not going to gurdwara! no.gif

veerji sewa is suppose to bring humility in us....but even after so much sewa....ppl cant have tat....i dunno wat to say...i can only say may guru sahib bless em with some sojhee

dun take it personal veeerjee.....its all good :TH:

I went to Gurdwara yesterday as part of my Networking class, came down and this Bibi goes "Mundyo, lanagar kha khe jayo"

Well since this guys taken amrit, I think hankar has taken over him, I done nothing wrong to him, nor does he say fateh or salute, anyway, He brings over some sabji, and I say no i wont have that, thanx, the other two boys had it, next he doesnt even come over to me with the dhal or the roti, so i was left without the langar, so this Bibi comes over says "aint you eating" I said he didnt serve me, I felt so low, I was denied Guru dha langar! Finally I got the dhal, so I just had little bit of it.........

This guy, even if i am stood with my fellow sikhs, he never says hi to people who are not fully blown sikhs, aint we supposed to be treated equal.......in this way I am thinking not going to gurdwara! no.gif

Brother you're in the Gurdwara, you don't need permission to eat Langar. I'd have got up and helped myself......it's Guru's Langar not arsy 'sevadaar' Langar.

Don't stop going to the Gurdwara, it belongs to ALL - Ignore him in future!

Brother you're in the Gurdwara, you don't need permission to eat Langar. I'd have got up and helped myself......it's Guru's Langar not arsy 'sevadaar' Langar.

Don't stop going to the Gurdwara, it belongs to ALL - Ignore him in future!

but langar must be served... and served with equality. this was 1 command of Guru Gobind Singh Jee, so we shouldnt break this by helping ourselves at any cost otherwise we would be making a mockery of langar ourselves.

i understand where your coming from though, i was in a similar sitartin 2/3 years ago... it is a major sin not to serve langar to all without any discrimination of any sort. veero i wouldnt be sad about it, its a fault on his side not yours. i do hope you continue going Gurduara nothing should stop you geting to your Guru.

vahegurujeekakhalsavahegurujeekifateh

ah - u know by us saying "that person has hunkaar" ... that doesnt make us any better than them in a sense.

We take a lot for granted, including langar. Just take it with a pinch of salt and say "Maharaj, you are right... i am not even worth of having your beautiful langar served right to me. But Maharaj, if i go do get langar myself... please dont turn me away Vaheguru. Please make me worthy of being able to eat your langar with your saadh sangat."

Guest Dancing Warrior

I have to agree with Hardeep on this one, if you want to see some of the biggest hypocrites and fattest egos pop down to my local Gurdwara, the amount of nonsense that goes on some times is absolutely comical,

In conquering ego they have become it themselves.

Homie, why would you stop going to the Gurdwara because of one person? How could you do that to yourself, and the Guru? You are going to be upset with the Guru because of one person...NAHH man, that ain't you style.

Just like someone said here, people take things for granted, and you don't realize them intill you are taken away from them. If he does not say FATEH to you, than so be it. You can say FATEH to him, and if he does not respond than he is not the Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh. You just do what you need to do, but if you stop going to the Gurdwara because of him, than I ain't cool with that man. Singh Soorma homie, will rather die, but not leave the Guru! :TH:

Thanks for all your input! Well I felt really embarassed sitting their to be served, even the other two said "Are you not eating" I said by the will of God, if he wants me to eat I will readily eat langar, but to no avail I did not get any langar from the sevdar, only from the Bibi.

Like many of you said I think the Ego has taken place.....but I was so like tearful inside, that I was denied Guru ji dha langar, I didnt say anything to anyone, I kept quiet, I didnt get angry or anything..I waited for it to come over.

In the gurdwara people look at you differently etc, only if you do seva they will sort of pay respects, I do seva not through force but through my own love for the Gurughar. So on Sunday we got together about 3 of us and started repairing and painting a room in the Gurdwara, felt so good! Again in the Gurdwara there were "patis" and "Giani's" arguing over doing seva in darbar sahib i.e. parshad dhi seva, jap ji sahib etc, one of my mates said to this elder guy, you do your duty and i do mine, because the elder person was trying to give his own duty to the younger person, my mate. Also he goes to work in the morning and had a duty in the morning too from 3-5am and straight to work, he sleeps at the gurdwara through the smagam and the elder person hes just retired.