People

Gurfetah!

I just recently started wearing a Dastar and I am actually getting all the 'stares' from my own family members!! So I do know how you feel and I agree that it can make you abit upset at times.

When ever I see someone staring at me or someone makes a stupid remark, I remember and say to myself 'Khalsa Mera Roop Hai Khass' and it ALWAYS makes me smile and feel good! :TH:

post-1884-1162851975.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i worked as a security gaurd all alone in a ladies clothing store(very popular store)...... my manager was racist(white) but the other manager(black) was totally nice and laid back....and so were most of the employees and when the racist manager wud see the other employees and other manager talking to me all the time, she started getting all nice with me too and realised im also a human too and im not from the taliban klan rolleyes.gif and felt lke crap that she ever treated me like shi* in the fisrt place. <_< then she started talking wayyyyy toooooooo much with me.....i didnt no what kind of conversations to have with former racist white ppl :D so i just tried to keep the HI/BYE thingyy and not get to close to her ...or else she might start another convo...trying to suk up to me tongue.gif .anyways she learned her lession.....i made over 2 grand working there and quit cuz i had to start night school ...and we all lived happily ever after... kick.gif

hehehehe!

i think she has the hots for you :@

wjkk

wjkf

I just started wearing a dastaar a couple of months ago after wearing a patka for ages. It is so different, and at first I was apprehensive about what my friends who are mainly white would think. But it was sooo WICKED!!!! I love it and i love the fact that people can remember me when i walk down the street. Most importantly at university where all the people on my course are white, i feel like i'm introducing something new to them. I have been asked by most of them why i wear a dastaar and to explain Sikhi to them....and i dont think that would have happened if i didnt wear a dastaar.

I just love all the new experiences Ive had since wearing my dastaar and now when i go out i cant help but hold my head up high and REPRESENT!!!

wink2.gif

wjkk

wjkf

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!!

hmm...I can't remeber anythg rude being said to me because of my dastaar. Guru's Kirpa d_oh.gif . Ye people do stare .. I just give em a smile and if they are guys my age ..thn i smile and give a twist to my MUCHANNNNN :@ .

I have been approched by 2 girls (don't get me wrong here <_< , thy were kids cute ones) at diffferent occasions to inquire about the my TURBAN.

One asked " Where can i get this kind HAT " -- I was like its not a hat, its a turban... You can't buy it , You got to Earn it ...after dat i felt.. may be i jus confused her by saying the earn part :D @ . but ye ..dat was da incident .

2nd one asked for the price of my hat ... i just said Priceless :D :@

and thn i have overheard kids asking their mothers about the same mystery hat.

like super singhni said.. her classmates ask her about the dastaar.. same happens with me ..and i feel proud explaining evry bit bout it :@ .

Then a few incidents have happened where some ignorant friends offered me a smoke..again i explain stuff to em or just tell em not to ask this again from a person with a TURBAN but i have seen ppl wid turbans smoke no.gif .

:@PROUD OF MY DASTAR, WILL ALWAYS BE :cool:

d_oh.gif SIR JAWE TA JAWE, MERA SIKHI SIDAK NA JAWE d_oh.gif

Guest SarblohKhalsa.Net

yeah der alot of ppl who do dat stuff but u gotta set em strait if dey go over board... i live in a brown town and ppl r scared of apnai, but this one white guy had the gut to tell me to take off ma turban in gym class and he said all dis other shiz that i cant say but i told em to say sorry but he wouldnt so i one punched em and he was out cold... but i and got suspended ( ma stupid PE teacher always gets drunk and hates apnai) but the kid got suspended too for rasict commentz , but wte i was still happy :D loool ....

yeah der alot of ppl who do dat stuff but u gotta set em strait if dey go over board... i live in a brown town and ppl r scared of apnai, but this one white guy had the gut to tell me to take off ma turban in gym class and he said all dis other shiz that i cant say but i told em to say sorry but he wouldnt so i one punched em and he was out cold... but i and got suspended ( ma stupid PE teacher always gets drunk and hates apnai) but the kid got suspended too for rasict commentz , but wte i was still happy :D loool ....

Thanks Akal Purakh,

Singhs are at least standing up for their faith, and keeping strong. :TH: Good Job Brother, keep it up. :@

Thanks Akal Purakh,

Singhs are at least standing up for their faith, and keeping strong. :TH: Good Job Brother, keep it up. :@

YUP YUP..... <_<

i was thinking about something today . . . those of you that live in the uk or even in canada, it seems like a lot of people know that if they see someone in a dastaar or pagri that they are sikh.

i mean, there is a much larger sikh population in the uk and in canada compared to the states. i live in the states and hardly anyone here knows what sikhi is.

here in the states you never see a sikh on tv or in the media in general.

what are your opinions on how much of the general public is aware that we are not muslims, arabs, etc?