Misinformation About Leamington Gurdwara Incident

GurSa Singh

is he asking you to be his offical fundraiser ??? some times in life you have to pay for your actions finacially or kurbani, has this issue been fully resolved now at leamington ??? i guess all that youth that went with him could easily give £50 each and you should accumlate a fair amount, or you could ask the leamington gurudwara for a donation, instead of them spending it on stocking up on the old booze and meat, if they still are !!!!

is he asking you to be his offical fundraiser ??? some times in life you have to pay for your actions finacially or kurbani, has this issue been fully resolved now at leamington ??? i guess all that youth that went with him could easily give £50 each and you should accumlate a fair amount, or you could ask the leamington gurudwara for a donation, instead of them spending it on stocking up on the old booze and meat, if they still are !!!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

There are no official fundraisers in this. If you feel that you want to contribute than please e-mail covkhalsa@gmail.com. Accountability of what ended up happening at Leamington on that day does not lie on 1 person, as community we all turned a blind eye to the blatant beadbi, as a prabhandak committee we abused Gurdwara Marayda and as youth and elders we both caused criminal damage. We should all feel accountable for the incident. I am close to Bhai Sahib and do feel personally involved, maybe the tone of my posting reflects that. But make no mistake, I am definitely attacking some of our leadership for not taking lead on fundamental core issues such as the beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop and Gurdwara Maryada.

VJKK VJKF

Which Wednesfield gurdwara is it that deals with meat and sharaab?

and is this true?

VJKK VJKF!

Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Well Lane. Its true!!!!

Tav dont make me laugh you was the same guy that pulled out of seva when moslty needed. U cant even stand up for the truth forget about fighting for it. Besides stop preacing to others when u cant do seva yourself..... truth hurts

Tav dont make me laugh you was the same guy that pulled out of seva when moslty needed. U cant even stand up for the truth forget about fighting for it. Besides stop preacing to others when u cant do seva yourself..... truth hurts

Who is professing to be perfect here or professing to have all the answers? We are nothing more than children and no one is anything special because the sewa goes beyond us. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Saroop is eternal, we’re only here for a few years and will only do what our budhi or intellect tells us to do. My posting just asked for Sangat to consider their responsibility in the issues, why does it need to move to a “tu tu mae mae” thread

Jab lag Khalsa rahe niara. tab lag tej dio mai sara.

jab eh gahe bipran ki reet. mai na karo in ki parteet.

So long as Khalsa retains his distinct identity, I will give him my entire radiance and strength.

But if he should take on a non-Sikh way of life, then I shall have no confidence in him and withdraw my support and protection.

(Sri Guroo Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj)

Do we really understand what Maharaj is telling us when he said that he wanted his Khalsa to be niara (distinct, unique)? This niarapan is not just the outer exterior of the Khalsa’s look, but the reaction of that Khalsa, the attitude of that Khalsa leading to the spirituality of the Khalsa. “Irka” or bickering will not give us the strength and radiance we desire to move forward. No one is professing to be a martyr or asking for recognition so lets not make premature assumptions that there is some hidden message here.

VJKK VJKF

and is this true?

VJKK VJKF!

Hmm...why reduce Guruji's seva by taking digs at people? Well Singh Ji I am no saviour of the Panth. Maharaj TAKES seva from Sikhs. Guruji is in control with or without me.

The bigger picture is Wednesfield Gurdwara allow meat & Sharab onto Gurdwara premises, does the issue suddenly become irrelevant because someone feel's I am incapable of doing Seva?

Just like Leamington, look at the bigger issue and dont keep bogged down with meaningless digs. Guruji is important, the issue is important, how the issue is handled is important, not whether you think someone is worthy or not.

http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/2893/2006-11-15.html

Gursikh Preventing Guru Ghar Beadbi Given Guilty Verdict

Wednesday 15th of November 2006

Panthic Weekly News Bureau

Coventry (KP) – On Thursday November 9th 2006, a respected Gursikh was given two years probation by the Coventry Crown Court. Bhai Jaswinder Singh Ubhi was charged for taking action against men caught red-handed sitting inside the building complex of Leamington & Warwick Gurdwara Sahib and who disturbed the sanctity of the Gurdwara Sahib by opening bottles of liquor and serving meat at a drinking party organised by the Gurdwara Management Committee in celebration of Bandi Chhor Diwas and Guru Nanak Sahib jee’s Gurpurb last November in 2005.

A Gursikh recognising the importance of Gur Maryada (the Guru’s tradition) and the holy sanctity of Guru Nanak’s House was delivered punishment by the court of the land. However, those who violated the sanctity of the Gurdwara Sahib, opened beer barrels and liquor bottles in the Gurdwara complex and served the meat of dead animals in the Gurdwara premises on the ‘happy occasion’ of celebrating a Gurpurb were let go scot-free. Due to some poor media reporting and a Gurdwara Management Committee unwilling to shoulder any responsibility, the Leamington Gurdwara situation became highly charged.

The situation could have been resolved in better way but dialogue between the Gurdwara Management Committee responsible and the Sikh Sangat who attend the Gurdwara Sahib broke down. Everyone involved has a huge responsibility to ensure everyone pays the utmost respect to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to avoid this type of situation in the future. Fortunately, the committee did eventually decide to listen to frustration and concerns of the Sikh Sangat over the gross laxity and disrespect happening in the Gurdwara premises and passed a resolution by the Sangat, declaring the Gurdwara an alcohol and meat-free zone.

It is the widely publicised failing, not only of the Sikh community, but also of the media, the legal system, the Gurdwara Management Committees and indeed society at large, that people who run a religious establishment can get away with such sacrilege. Ignorance is no defence. As a result of these failings in court, the importance of Maryada in Sikhi and the high regards given the sanctity of the Guru and the Guru’s House were not effectively communicated and Bhai Jaswinder Singh Ubhi was put on probation for two years and ordered to carry out 200 hours of community service and to pay £7,500 compensation as well as £500 in court costs.

We must ask ourselves that though the application of the letter of the law was followed but was the spirit of the rules and legislation considered? Were all those responsible made accountable? Was one person truly to blame for the entire situation in Leamington Spa or was somebody made a scapegoat to cover up the failings of others?

Sikhs from throughout Coventry, Warwickshire, Midlands and across the UK packed Coventry Crown Court and outside to show their support for Bhai Jaswinder Singh. A benti to the Sarbat Sikh Sangat that anyone who wishes to contribute to the £7,500 fine that Bhai Jaswinder Singh Ubhi is paying on behalf of the Sikh community to kindly email:

covkhalsa@gmail.com.

Everyday we read in our daily Ardas:

“Think of and remember the unique service rendered by those brave Sikh men as well as women, who sacrificed their heads but did not surrender their Sikh Religion, who were cut to pieces joint by joint, who were scalped, who were tied and whose bodies broken on large wooden wheels, who were cut by saws, who were flailed till dead, who sacrificed themselves to upkeep the dignity of the Gurdwaras, who did not abandon their Sikh faith, who kept their Sikh Religion and kept their long hair intact till their last breath, utter WaheGuru (Wondrous God)”

All historical Sikh movements came about for one purpose only and that was to maintain the sanctity of Sikh Maryada. For this reason, we have been blessed with countless Shaheeds (martyrs) and Gursikhs who have given sacrifices for their Guru Ghars. Bhai Jasvinder Singh Ubhi and his family are a prime example of the passion of Sikhi, which needs reawakening in our nation and people.

Editors can be reached at editors@panthic.org

VJKK VJKF

and is this true?

VJKK VJKF!

??? whats this about