Moolmantar Part Of Japji Saib ?

Fearless khalsa

Wahguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sadh Sangat ji i was in doubt, i was reading a book, in that book it was written that Moolmantar is not a part of Jap ji Sahib , according to author in Guru Granth Sahib ji MoolMantar is written before Bani Jap, as it is written before all raags, so acording to that author mool mantar is not a part of Jap ji sahib. so sangat ji plz help me . plz clear my doubt that is MoolMantar part of Jap Ji Sahib or not . i will be very greatfull to u

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAAHEGUROO JEE KAA KHAALSAA, VAAHEGUROO JEE KEE FATEH!

MY KNOWLEDGE OF THIS IS THAT THE MOOL MANTAR IS NOT ACTUALLY PART OF THE JAPJI SAHIB, THAT'S WHY WHEN YOU GET TO GURPARSAAD, IT SAYS JAP, JAP IS THE ACTUAL STARTING OF THE JAPJI SAHIB, JAPJI SAHIB IS ACTUALLY CALLED 'JAP' BUT WE PUT 'JI' ON THE END TO RESPECT IT. HOPE THAT MADE SENSE.

BHUL CHUK MAAF KARNA

VAAHEGUROO JEE KAA KHAALSAA, VAAHEGUROO JEE KEE FATEH!

MY KNOWLEDGE OF THIS IS THAT THE MOOL MANTAR IS NOT ACTUALLY PART OF THE JAPJI SAHIB, THAT'S WHY WHEN YOU GET TO GURPARSAAD, IT SAYS JAP, JAP IS THE ACTUAL STARTING OF THE JAPJI SAHIB,

i know we are not allowed to discuss where mool mantr finishes and jupji sahib starts but here's something to think about. notice where guruji has put 1. it comes twice.

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sath naam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~

] jpu ]

|| jap ||

Chant And Meditate:

Awid scu jugwid scu ]

aadh sach jugaadh sach ||

True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.

hY BI scu nwnk hosI BI scu ]1]

hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach ||1||

True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

socY soic n hoveI jy socI lK vwr ]

sochai soch n hovee jae sochee lakh vaar ||

By thinking, He cannot be reduced to thought, even by thinking hundreds of thousands of times.

cupY cup n hoveI jy lwie rhw ilv qwr ]

chupai chup n hovee jae laae rehaa liv thaar ||

By remaining silent, inner silence is not obtained, even by remaining lovingly absorbed deep within.

BuiKAw BuK n auqrI jy bMnw purIAw Bwr ]

bhukhiaa bhukh n outharee jae ba(n)naa pureeaa bhaar ||

The hunger of the hungry is not appeased, even by piling up loads of worldly goods.

shs isAwxpw lK hoih q iek n clY nwil ]

sehas siaanapaa lakh hohi th eik n chalai naal ||

Hundreds of thousands of clever tricks, but not even one of them will go along with you in the end.

ikv sicAwrw hoeIAY ikv kUVY qutY pwil ]

kiv sachiaaraa hoeeai kiv koorrai thuttai paal ||

So how can you become truthful? And how can the veil of illusion be torn away?

hukim rjweI clxw nwnk iliKAw nwil ]1]

hukam rajaaee chalanaa naanak likhiaa naal ||1||

O Nanak, it is written that you shall obey the Hukam of His Command, and walk in the Way of

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I is a moorakh. But I know one thing...that the Mool Mantar is the root summary of the ENTIRE Guru Granth Sahib. So reciting the Mool Mantar is essentially an Akhand Paath every time you do it.

As to whether it is a part of the Japji Sahib or not...don't know cause am too moorakh. But hey, look at the above reason...gives you plenty of incentive to read anyways no?

ofcourse it is part of japji sahib. just like in other banis you will find moolmantar in sometimes shortened form like IkOankaarSatgurprasaad.

don't read so many books by these new authors.

Gur Fateh parwaan karni ji Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh

Guru Payareo . The book i read is not from a New Author .. its from a well known Sikh Vidwaan. Prof. Sahib Singh ji . In Book Guru Granth Sahib Darpan he wrote this . only thats why i m cunfused . bcoz This Guru Granth Sahib Darpan is main book from which our pathi singh and we look for translation Of gurubani from this books . its set of 10 books .. u can find it in ur Gurdwara sahib too .. it will affect us coz i saw sum schools where they teach gurbani from this Guru Granth sahib Darpan . and it will led misunderstanding thats y i put this topic here plz singho ik vaar iss gal te socho ,, bhul chuk layi mafi mangda haan .. baba kirpa kare chardi kala bakshe .. Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh