Whats It All About?

darminder

Strange how when gursikhs from years gone by didnt have as much light technology as we do these days they tried their hardest to bring light into guru ji darbar (getting hold of generators, diva's, etc etc), while those of us who have a continous supply feel the need to switch them all off?!

Each to his own i guess!

LoL! Thats true! People in India would call us all crazy...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try it, you can feel the difference, simran in sangat in the dark is amazing.

The first time i ever experienced it, was at Khalsa School Surrey. I walked in to Maahaaraaj Jee's darbaar and all you could see was the silhouette of Singhs sitting and japping naam together. And theres like this big window in the roof, and so all the moonlight was shining on Guroo Jee...seriously, just amazing. no words can describe it fully.

I would have thought this was a bit straight forward...

1. It stops you looking around at other people or fancy paintings on the wall etc.

2. It shifts all the energy to the focal point of the darbaar... Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, so the light only shines on Him...

3. It brings people out of there shell. People are scared to relax and start singing (some not all)... with the lights off, they feel more comfortable as no one will be able to see them so they start singing.

i think you put that very nicely