Stupid Website!

Guest Bass Singh

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VJKK VJKF

I think BuddaSingh was tryign 2 say was that wearing a cap in sikhi is bad, just because someone does it dont mean its right, if someone walks of a cliff would u do it cuz u think its right?? Well....

VJKK VJKF!

I am not saying it is right or wrong, but the reality is that there are some Sikhs who do wear caps. Anyway, I don't see any problem with that website at all. I have seen plenty of kids wearing khanda t-shirts, chains and have bags with khanda symbols on them. Most of them get these kind of items from the gurdwaras. So I don’t understand why some of you are angry with this issue.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sikhs are not meant to wear caps.

True, but a lot of Sikhs in places like India wear baseball caps instead of turbans.

What is the source of your education with respect to sikhi?

My source? grin.gif

What kind of question is that? I am simply stating the obvious here.

That is a very relevant type of question which you have not yet addressed.

You are going beyond stating any observations which you deem obvious. You stated an opinion. You've clearly opined in your words " I don't see anything wrong with it.”.

That opinion is either malicious or the result of a bankrupt or misguided background in sikhi.

What is the source of your education that would lead you to speak in the face of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and state that there is nothing wrong with baseball caps for Sikhs?

Re-read my post again. :lol:

I am not saying it is right or wrong, but the reality is that there are some Sikhs who do wear caps.

The only thing I have questioned is the source where that singh guy got his quote from..

In this very thread you said "I don't see anything wrong with it".

However, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you mis-spoke as you deny saying it. Now you state that you are "not saying it is right or wrong". Since I say the cap is absolutely wrong!!; my observations and questions about the source of your education still stand.

Of course you are free to retract any of your statements and offer the opinion that baseball caps are in fact wrong for Sikhs and those with khanda are the most insulting to the legacy of Sikhs who gave their lives.

PL this is not about me or you, right or wrong. I am far from learned about sikhi. However, sikhi is the humanity which sustains me and thus I ask you to explain yourself.

Huh? When I said, "I don't see anything wrong with it." I was referring to the website itself.

Why didn't you (or other guy for that matter) didn't answer my question about the quote yet? I am still waiting for an answer.

My education of Sikhi is based on reading sikh books and interacting with sikhs.

So now you confirm that you misspoke?? Have a look at the question and your entire answer repasted below. It is quite clear that you were referring to caps with khanda's and not to the website. You have a valid question about the quote. I would like to see the answer also.

You have a friend that tells me to "leave you alone". Let me know if you're a child or otherwise deserving and I'll certainly speak accordingly. :console: If peacemaker wishes to add something of substance, i'm all ears.

PL too many people spread misinformation about sikhi, purposely or inadvertently so it can accomodate their own shortcomings. (You see peacemaker, it's not just about this topic and that is why is is not nonsense JEEEZ). I am sure that I am no different with respect to my understanding in some areas. When that happens, I hope for the sake of sikhi, that I am held accountable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member No.: 5425

VJKK VJKF

Came accross a website that sells caps and record bags with khanda symbols on them, check the site out at: -

http://www.oriss.co.uk/

What does sangat think?

Ive complained about the caps and remember when complaining, do not swear or be angry as you are representing The Khalsa!

VJKK VJKF

--------------------

Punjabi_Link Today, 02:22 PM Post #2

I don't see anything wrong with it. I have seen a lot of Christian symbols on caps and stuff like that. I am sure there are some gurdwaras that sell these kind of things as well.

1) I do not have a friend on this website. Who is peacemaker?

2) "I have seen a lot of Christian symbols on caps and stuff like that" Where does the sikh part come into play in my first post? Read my 2nd post of this thread where I stated "True" (slang term meaning right or exactly) after when the other guy stated that wearing a cap is wrong in sikhi.

VJKK VJKF

I think BuddaSingh was tryign 2 say was that wearing a cap in sikhi is bad, just because someone does it dont mean its right, if someone walks of a cliff would u do it cuz u think its right?? Well....

VJKK VJKF!

I am not saying it is right or wrong, but the reality is that there are some Sikhs who do wear caps. Anyway, I don't see any problem with that website at all. I have seen plenty of kids wearing khanda t-shirts, chains and have bags with khanda symbols on them. Most of them get these kind of items from the gurdwaras. So I don’t understand why some of you are angry with this issue.

Sikhs are not meant to wear caps.

True, but a lot of Sikhs in places like India wear baseball caps instead of turbans.

What is the source of your education with respect to sikhi?

My source? grin.gif

What kind of question is that? I am simply stating the obvious here.

That is a very relevant type of question which you have not yet addressed.

You are going beyond stating any observations which you deem obvious. You stated an opinion. You've clearly opined in your words " I don't see anything wrong with it.”.

That opinion is either malicious or the result of a bankrupt or misguided background in sikhi.

What is the source of your education that would lead you to speak in the face of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and state that there is nothing wrong with baseball caps for Sikhs?

Re-read my post again. :lol:

I am not saying it is right or wrong, but the reality is that there are some Sikhs who do wear caps.

The only thing I have questioned is the source where that singh guy got his quote from..

In this very thread you said "I don't see anything wrong with it".

However, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you mis-spoke as you deny saying it. Now you state that you are "not saying it is right or wrong". Since I say the cap is absolutely wrong!!; my observations and questions about the source of your education still stand.

Of course you are free to retract any of your statements and offer the opinion that baseball caps are in fact wrong for Sikhs and those with khanda are the most insulting to the legacy of Sikhs who gave their lives.

PL this is not about me or you, right or wrong. I am far from learned about sikhi. However, sikhi is the humanity which sustains me and thus I ask you to explain yourself.

Huh? When I said, "I don't see anything wrong with it." I was referring to the website itself.

Why didn't you (or other guy for that matter) didn't answer my question about the quote yet? I am still waiting for an answer.

My education of Sikhi is based on reading sikh books and interacting with sikhs.

So now you confirm that you misspoke?? Have a look at the question and your entire answer repasted below. It is quite clear that you were referring to caps with khanda's and not to the website. You have a valid question about the quote. I would like to see the answer also.

You have a friend that tells me to "leave you alone". Let me know if you're a child or otherwise deserving and I'll certainly speak accordingly. :console: If peacemaker wishes to add something of substance, i'm all ears.

PL too many people spread misinformation about sikhi, purposely or inadvertently so it can accomodate their own shortcomings. (You see peacemaker, it's not just about this topic and that is why is is not nonsense JEEEZ). I am sure that I am no different with respect to my understanding in some areas. When that happens, I hope for the sake of sikhi, that I am held accountable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member No.: 5425

VJKK VJKF

Came accross a website that sells caps and record bags with khanda symbols on them, check the site out at: -

http://www.oriss.co.uk/

What does sangat think?

Ive complained about the caps and remember when complaining, do not swear or be angry as you are representing The Khalsa!

VJKK VJKF

--------------------

Punjabi_Link Today, 02:22 PM Post #2

I don't see anything wrong with it. I have seen a lot of Christian symbols on caps and stuff like that. I am sure there are some gurdwaras that sell these kind of things as well.

1) I do not have a friend on this website. Who is peacemaker?

2) "I have seen a lot of Christian symbols on caps and stuff like that" Where does the sikh part come into play in my first post? Read my 2nd post of this thread where I stated "True" (slang term meaning right or exactly) after when the other guy stated that wearing a cap is wrong in sikhi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PL you make yourself clear in your conclusion here. Thank you for your patience and for making yourself clear.

I still don't understand your initial post in this thread. However you have made yourself clear here, so please accept my apologies as I am assuming that I was not able to properly understand your intial post in the thread.

As for "fighting" papi don't worry about it. I am going to find PL and if he's older than me I shut-up and buy ice-cream on me. But if he's younger than me, i'm going to lovingly rough him up first and then buy him all he can eat ice cream.

Very stupid choice of putting khanda on cap.. well the person who owns the shop doesn't care about any religion.. he/she just taking advantage of religious symbols to earn quick easy buck... Hope we don't see a day when there will be a khanda advertisement on beer bottles.. Kalyug.. sure it is..

there is no use of discussing anything here

when some people here arent agree with guru's hukam and the rehetnamas by great scholars who got athority by guru sahib to say any thing or made anything mandatory for sikhs, then how can u believe that they people will be agree to those points after reading sumthing posted by the lowest people like us.