Preaching

Fateh jee to all. I was curious again after hearing it from someone (another question sorry) that why don't Sikhs preach Sikhism?

I'm sorry ji... Please excuse my naivety.. I'm not sure about the rest of the sangat but I think I may not be completely understanding your question.. Could you explain it in a little more detail.. It would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you ji..

gurfateh

we do have preachers but mostly they are limited to the confines of gurudwaras. sikhs dont go out of their way to convince someone that sikhi is the path for them. thats the beauty of sikhi, live and let live. :TH:

Some sikhs to preach cus ther ashamed!!! I herd this from a keertanee who is from india, SOO ALL U INDIA SKHS GRRRRRRR

u r an <banned word filter activated>. you heard it from a keertanee? you dont even know their name? or say where they are from, and yet you disrespect sikhs of india? talk some sense and dont say anythin if its not constructive. you should be ashamed, alot of chardi kala singhs who have done parchar of the panth have been from india.

sikhi is the 5th largest religion, i think were doing pretty gud :TH:

for not preaching our religion thats a big result :lol:

Once we start preaching we'll be number one

MUAHAHAHAHAAHA

Sorry :@

Just a few preachers from India.

Gianni Takhur Singh Ji

Bhai Pinderpal Singh ji

Gianni Maskeen Ji

Sant Baba Ishar Singh Ji

I think all the major Kathkaars are from India. I think the problem with sikhi parchaar is that its in the confinement of the punjabis. I mean its mostly done in punjabi and in gurdwaras. I think sikhi is the path for everyone, not just punjabis. Think about it, we had one Singh who dared to go outside the Punjabis and preach to Goray and look what happened. We have converts all over the world. We need more preachers speaking the language of the local ppl and spreading sikhi to everyone around the world. Naturally you will get converts because anyone can see what a jewel this panth is, we just need to introduce ppl to sikhi. I'm not saying stop doing parchaar in punjabi or forget punjabi. I'm saying we need to start branching out to everyone. Also we need to stop paying people to do kirtan and katha. It should be done by those who really love it and live it. Otherwise people who don't really believe in it start preaching for the money and to travel. :TH:

Oh and as for sikhi being the fifth largest religion, are we including non-practicing people in this stat. I think we are. Because the amount of amritdharis i see in india and around the world, I doubt we are the fifth largest by just including amritdharis.