Singhnee With A Tattoo (idiot)

Guest Mili

food for thought.

why are we getting our kachera's in a knot. its everyone for themselves.

karmi apo apni

just my 2 cents :umm:

i dont care for this topic... but time and time again i hear this "dont get ur kashera in a knot" listen mate.. u are mocking the Guru given 5K.. i'll put ur neck in a knot and hang u upside down if u were to say that to me

food for thought.

why are we getting our kachera's in a knot. its everyone for themselves.

karmi apo apni

just my 2 cents :umm:

i dont care for this topic... but time and time again i hear this "dont get ur kashera in a knot" listen mate.. u are mocking the Guru given 5K.. i'll put ur neck in a knot and hang u upside down if u were to say that to me

You are welcome to try :D ever heard of a word called metaphor? :rolleyes: look it up, it'll do you good

Were tattoos about in the Panjab of our Guru's time? I've always associated them Europeans and New Zealanders!

Guest shastr

this is a stupid topic.

for all you tattoo supporters, can i ask wat is the point of it if u can do without it? y not stay the way maharaj made us?

for the singh who keeps on bringing up the point of soorme and chardikala singhs have tattoo's for bir rass reasons, tell me, does maharaj guru gobind singh ji have a tattoo? does maharaj guru hargobind sahib ji have a tattoo?? does baba deep singh ji have a tattoo? does bhai mani singh ji have a tattoo? does by bhai banda singh ji bhahadur have a tattoo? does bhai taru singh ji have a tattoo? does bhai sahib akali phoola singh ji have a tattoo? does baba jarnail singh ji have a tattoo?

plz, just because u have one, and i guess u think ur a soorma or something, that donest mean thats the standard for all "soorme" in the khalsa panth. we do our own little things and then we try to justify them as "ok" for the entire panth. u talk about bir rass and soorme, well maharaj says those who are colored with the lords name in kaljug, those are soorme. soorma is not being strong or big and badass. soorme are those who have beaten the 5 chors, those who do simran 24 hours a day, those are soorme. if u wish to get bir rass, maharaj dasam patshah has given us his dasam bani for that exact reason. plz dont tell other people that having a tattoo is for soorme, or for getting bir rass. u sound like a lil school kids saying that kind of stuff. again, just because u have one, does not make it the universal code for the rest of the singhs in the khalsa panth bro.

Getting a tatoo does beadbit of your sareer as given by maharaaj and possibly also of your kes, it isnt allowed end of debate, if you want one thats your choice but dont say its ok, i know singhs who have re taken amrit due to having tatoos and have been specifically codemened in amrit sanchaar for having ik oankaar of their hands.

Do as you please, bt it you who shall pay in parlook

I think I should share this.

When I went to Panjab in the mid 90s I had a driver. This guy had a pagh and dhari but strangely a Hindu OM tattoo on his hand. When I asked him about it he said that as a driver he was in danger of being taken by police seraching for Khalistanis, so he had the tattoo put on to let them know he wasn't one.

Then I noticed other Sikhs had Ik Onkar tattooed on their hands. I wonder if this was a symbol of defiance?

Guest Guest

my dad had a ik-onkar tattoo on his hand. he was taken by the police in the 80's so it may have been a resistance thing i don't know. i think tattoos are a big decision.

i think it would be nice to have a small khanda tattoo on my forehead, although i would never get it done. you wouldn't see someone like jeevan singh with a tattoo on his neck or something. you have to be sensible. sorry im drugged up on medication i dunno what im typing lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest singh sardar
Getting a tatoo does beadbit of your sareer as given by maharaaj and possibly also of your kes, it isnt allowed end of debate, if you want one thats your choice but dont say its ok, i know singhs who have re taken amrit due to having tatoos and have been specifically codemened in amrit sanchaar for having ik oankaar of their hands.

Do as you please, bt it you who shall pay in parlook

where does it say in the granth shab that a tattoo is not alowed im amrit shaked and i have myslef full of religious tattoos i support the people who died for us by putting them on my body

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

I'm certainly against Tattoo's but one thing caught my attention whilst reading this thread. In Jassa's original post he mentioned that people used to get a LION printed on their PATT (thigh).

I had a tiyyah who was many many years older than my father. He also had a tattoo on a Lion on his Patt. Was this is a fashion trend back in the day or is their some real substance behind this claim?