Singhnee With A Tattoo (idiot)

Guest Mili

does it affect any of us nope, does it affect your jeevan nope, too many people interested in doing chugliya!

yeah.. late reply... anyway

(before anyone reads this posted reply of mine, i ask of you to not take any offense. i'm just trying to be honest.)

I was sent a link of a 'singhnee's' Hi5 profile. im really angry and disgusted at this. total beadbi of of Gods creation. she had a photo up of her recent tattoo on the back of her neck.

i thought singhneea had more sense

i honestly don't mean to be rude, but what did the original poster wish to ..accomplish(?) by letting people know that he/she was sent a link leading to the profile of this person who is, said be to be, a singhnee?

furthermore, the poster indicated what he/she thinks of the 'singhnee'

Singhnee With A Tattoo (i.d.i.o.t)

so.. what has anyone gained from the this post/topic?

naa-daa.

-----------------

...putting it out there:

(you=anyone)

you see her profile.

you see her as an i.d.i.o.t.

you don't see much sense in her.

you posted your views.

so...

the person who started this thread clearly saw the 'singhnee's action(s) as (a) wrongdoing(s).

the person who posted this did not ask for people's views, nor ask for people's suggestions.

SOOO...

i'll be frank when saying this..

when a person who you do not know does something you believe to be wrong/outrageous, but is not hurting you in any way, there is not point in telling other people what you have come across. it would have made sense if the topic starter had asked for suggestions on how to talk with the girl/lady in an appropriate manner.

pointing out things about someone you AND the readers do not know of is unnecessary, and really gets no one anywhere.

whether most people believe what she did was right or wrong, did it does not make a difference.

it did not affect anyone in any way at all.

who cares for this person who has a tattoo? no one. people are caring about what she is doing. they don't care about her. that means what the repliers say, is of no use to the original poster or the girl with the tattoo. talking about these issues does not help anyone.

it's not as if a person who is reading this is the tattooed girl's possible future husband.

if it does not have to do with you, then you are clearly wasting your time when expressing your thoughts on such useless topics.

...and i wish to be clear about something really important.....

please do not look at one person's action(s) and believe that people who look to be the 'same' do the same thing(s) as the the first's. (i am not debating about whether her decision was right or wrong. just generally speaking.)

it was quite rude and disrespectful of the original poster to have said that.

people from different races, cultures and religions do not wish to be judged because of the stupid decisions made by people within their community/society.

in the same sense, (when talking about one singhnee's wrongdoing(s)) ALL singhneeaa find it quite offensive when someone categorizes them under the same opinion that does not apply to them.

clearly, it was quite senseless for the original poster to have thought of other singhneeaa as the same as the tattoo singhnee.

leaving my right-or-wrong opinion out of this, i hope everyone realizes that the above comment should have been thought of before posting.

i'm sure all singhs would not like to be seen as senseless beings if just one random singh had done something wrong.

...............AND............... i was only trying to express my honest opinions politely.

...peace

p.s.

'i.d.i.o.t.' is a banned word and is filter-activated.... :S

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

dont forget that a lot of "singhnees" do things ( ie makeup etc) because they see other "singhnees" doing it and they think that its ok because of that.. so in terms of awareness, its not bad to post about this topic because it makes younger generations as well as any other sikh contemplating getting a tatoo who cant seem to find any contradictions otherwise think twice about what the general attitude and therefore " rule" is in sikhi towards getting a tatoo

all in all dont shoot the messenger bud

Guest Singh from TO
A very simple answer- it is alteration of your body. Tattooing involves puncturing the skin and then colors are injected.

Again it is a personal decision but for me it would be a big NOOOOO :D .

Vahegurooo Jeee!

Getting a tattoo is the same as cutting your hair!

You are alternating your body image and turning into something which is pleasing to your mind or someone elses mind. When we do things to please only our mind this is what we call MANMAT!

Even more so nowadays that you must shave the skin in prep for tattooing should be a further sign telling us not to ink ourselves up lol.

This body is a gift of Guru Sahib Jee, we have no RIGHT at all to change it in anyway at all. We must take care of it as a gift and know that in the end we must leave it.

As faar as the Singhni is concerned, I hope she goes to the Panj Piaray for peshi and tell them of this. i know for a fact that a Singh in Toronto went through this and was told by the Panj that he should not brandish it and what is done is done but never be proud and show it off to other people. He was not asked to remove it because futher kes is mutilated in the lasering process.

But the bottom line is we should talk to this daughter of Guru Sahib jee and have her know what is the protocol.

Bibis who do wear keski should hold themselves to a higher regard. Not in an egotisitcal way in not talking to bibis who do not wear dastaars but in a humble way knowing that they portray the image of mata sahib kaur jee and mata gujar kaur jee!

Vaheguroo sanu saaareeyaaa nu SUMAAT bakshoo jeeeeee.

Bhul Chuka Da maaf

Fateh jeeeeeeeo

Guest Papi

Disclaimer: This is not pointed to anyone in particular, but to all of us (me included)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

if by having tatoo make me a fighter...then i might tatoo my whole body...walk naked n be fighter...anyone wana join me...we will be the stronest fighter of all time....yeahhh..

its hard to change the mind of murakh...same happn with my cousin...have kesh n wanted to take amrit..but he say before take amrit he wana put tatoo...i expalin to him many time...but still last month he have khanda on left shoulder n a sikh on right shoulder...then i ask him what u gt...n he was just quiet...