France

Guest balwinderkaur

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur
Jkaur, the sikhs in inda are limited to what they can do, a new uprising would in my oppinion be crashed faster, until sant ji comes back many say

Gill veerjee i understand that. :@ But how about sikhs overseas? Are they also held back by something? Can't these overseas sikhs help them?Or......are they just too selfish or fearful of a backlash??? :@

actually theres not much evidence to show that he is coming back, but there alot that says he wasn't killed in 84

according to many sants, when the next uprising happens, sikhs from overseas will be leading the attack

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Just my personal opinions on this issue. I know that what I write will cause some to become upset and have their feelings hurt but please read what I have written rationally and not be swayed by rumours and fanciful stories.

1. From what I have read it appears that the story about Sant Bhindranwale being alive was floated because Santji had not named his successor and there could have been a major split in the Taksal in 1984.

2. The story was embellished by periodic reports about so and so person saw Santji at so and so place and he was in Chardi Kala.

3. Since 1984, especially in the years 84-88 there were rumours that Pakistani TV were going to show Santji alive and well at Baisakhi then Guru Nanak's Gurpurb and finally on the anniversary of the attack on Harmandir sahib.

4. In 1995-96 more rumours using these Babar Vani verses -;

Aavan ath-tarai jaan sataanvai hor bhee uthsee marad kaa chaylaa ( SGGS page 723 )

Coming in seventy-eight, they will depart in ninety-seven, and then another disciple of man wi

ll rise up.

Using this line all sorts of stories plus a video tape of some 'Sant baba's' ramblings were made current. You had a mish mash of stuff being predicted for 1997 ( based on the word Sataanvai or 97 being used in the verse ) such as an invasion from Afghanistan, mass killings of Keshdhari Sikhs in Punjab, return of Sant Bhindranwale etc etc. The fact that Gurbani uses the Bikrami samvat dates which make Saatanvai ( 97-57 ) into 40 in the Gregorian calendar didn't make any difference.

5. If Santji did survive the attack, then he let the period when he would have been the most useful to the Panth slip by. In 1984-90 even the Hindus in Punjab believed that Khalistan was only a matter of time. The police even though they were daily fighting the militants, they also believed that all they were doing was prolonging the inevitable. If Santji had declared himself at that time, we would have had Khalistan today.

6. All that this story has done is to deny Santji his due as the greatest leader and the greatest martyr since the Guru's times. Instead of everyone who has the interests of the Panth in their hearts singing the praises of this great martry we have some people denying that he had been martyred !.

7. The people responsible for floating the story about Santji being alive are just creating another myth such as the ones the namdharis have about their leader Baba Ram Singh being still alive 120 years after he is recorded to have passed away.

8. All I ask is that we should be careful not to give credence to such stories. What will happen if santji doesn't now appear in 2004 ?. Will his appearance be postphoned as it has been on numerous occasions for the last 19 years ?. Will not the Sikhs be made a laughing stock on 1st Jan 2005 if santji doesn't appear ?. Will this advance or hinder the Sikh freedom struggle ?

Just some thoughts and I do hope that anyone whose feelings may have been hurt over what I wrote will forgive

me. I have a great deal of respect for the Taksal but unless there is clear proof that Santji is alive then these stories put about by the Taksal have only hurt the movement and the memory of santji.

GurFateh

Bikramjit