Guest s133k_s1kh

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest s133k_s1kh
o sleek sikh, look what you started man

apney free time vich panga paa key aap bhaj gaya

Je tuhanu lagda ki mein panga pa ta aha thread shuru kar ke pher ji saad ke band kar do thread nu but this is a major problem.

If a bunch of gursikhs from the west say freshies are just like us that doesn't represent the whole western community. Even some posters here on a Sikh forum showed how biased they are. You all know how thgs are out there and i dont think i have to shed a light on these problems. Everyone has to accept tht there is a problem. We see this as a minor problem.

People divided over big issues should be seen as the grown up substitute of this biasing at the lower level. If evrythg stays like this, FORGET unity :D .

Do you guys see a solution to this problem ??

post the same topic on some Punjabi Forum.. hopefully, you all will see the true picture.

Don't compare punjab with todays sick punjabi songs... They do not represent real punjab..
:TH:

agree with s!nghs post... i remember once i was at work and i tuk the mick outta this one freshy - by making jokes abt him 2 my colleague and then he lukd at me wid disgust (he usually finds me funny lol :D ) and he said u shudnt take the mick out of them - they'r often treated worse by us then by ppl of diff bakgrounds and also the way we laugh at them now is the same how people laughed at our parents back in the day ... :-(

Guest peacemaker

We will always find ways to distinguish and divide ourselves. If it is not Jatt/Ramgharia, or Majha/Malwa/Doaba, then it is western/freshie. :homer :D

Nice Thundercat Avatar! :TH:

Erm yh they laugh at our english accent and they find it funny that we speak english so fast and they call us foreigners (outsiders) but it doesnt bother us because everyone knows our lifestyle is > their lifestyle :D

How your lifestyle is better? Just because we drive in luxury cars, study in good school and lives in mansion type homes ? It's very stupid quote to say that our lifestyle if better than the one who lives in third world... We can live in house made of gold.. guru jee ain't gonna care.. No matter how rich in materialistic world we are.. no matter if one of our dollar weighs 45rs of theirs.. it ain't gonna make any difference to dharam raj.. Only richness inside (y)our heart makes the difference.

It seems most of you have no clue about punjab, its rich culture and heritage.. Yest they do have lots of problems but making fun of it ain't gonna solve em.. Don't compare punjab with todays sick punjabi songs... They do not represent real punjab.. The only thing they represent is the abcd or cbcd or ebcd living in states, uk and canada.. My roots are in Punjab and im proud of it even though i wasn't born in that state..

most of the replies are very immature..

If punjab is so great then why dont you go back and live there eh??

Why do freshies flock here like birds and are desperate for British citizenship??

... so much egoo... do u think britain belongs to u... do u give visas.. as long as british consulate gives people visas they have right to go to UK...

i could never imagine so much hatred in a sikh for another sikh... for such minor issues...

its jus what we hear from people. itz something we learn...we make fun of someone...people around us laugh(approve our behvior) and we continue. one reason is>>cuz we get rewarded for makin fun of others. reward="oh ur soo funny"=ego im funny lol; or u see ur friends laffin which makes u happy:)!

fun by breakin someone elsez heart hmmm :D

is there anyother way we can laugh...or make jokes without hurtin any one? :D

What exactly we are upto? making fun of newly sikh immigrants to western world. hmm i see.. Heck it sure is fun ehh?? Do you hear punjabi youth of punjab making fun of your tutti futti punjabi and countless other non-punjabi lifestyle of yours?

I was born and bred here in the UK. Only been to India once and never went to learn Panjabi at Gurdwara and mere panjabi sunni toon, main taan pahtte chak dina jado main bolda. Lokh huraan reh jande meri panjabi sun ke. They say ' Toon Kito Aine Soni Panjabi Sikhi?' I picked it up from my grandparents. They taught me panjabi and i taught them Engreji - God bless 'em, they've gone to Waheguru now and i hope they're in Chardikala! pray.gif

Chalo, kine mere naal bolni panjabi??

Gur Fateh

fun by breakin someone elsez heart hmmm

Thats the exact point im talking about.. How would we feel if some gora comes and make fun of our turban etc?? Not good right.. Same way newly immigrant kids feels when their own skin makes fun of their accent, behavior and so on.. It's very easy to get depressed and get negative thoughts all the time.

s133k_s1kh brother pls don't mind me and i apologize if my posts made you a bit uncomfortable. But we all should understand that we shoud not make fun of anyone.. well at least not in public ! I do love punjab and we do have a second home in punjab and my family always keep in touch with our roots.. even though we were raised most of the time out of punjab/india. Anyway.. My point is that when a typical punjab village family migrate to western world like States.. they are in complete cultural shock and it takes them(youth) years to really feel comfortable with the environment. Most of them by not getting proper sangat involve in ghetto lifestyle and gets into trouble. Woulnd't it be nice if we help them to get on right path and even on sikhi path?

Erm yh they laugh at our english accent and they find it funny that we speak english so fast and they call us foreigners (outsiders) but it doesnt bother us because everyone knows our lifestyle is > their lifestyle :D

How your lifestyle is better? Just because we drive in luxury cars, study in good school and lives in mansion type homes ? It's very stupid quote to say that our lifestyle if better than the one who lives in third world... We can live in house made of gold.. guru jee ain't gonna care.. No matter how rich in materialistic world we are.. no matter if one of our dollar weighs 45rs of theirs.. it ain't gonna make any difference to dharam raj.. Only richness inside (y)our heart makes the difference.

It seems most of you have no clue about punjab, its rich culture and heritage.. Yest they do have lots of problems but making fun of it ain't gonna solve em.. Don't compare punjab with todays sick punjabi songs... They do not represent real punjab.. The only thing they represent is the abcd or cbcd or ebcd living in states, uk and canada.. My roots are in Punjab and im proud of it even though i wasn't born in that state..

most of the replies are very immature..

If punjab is so great then why dont you go back and live there eh??

Why do freshies flock here like birds and are desperate for British citizenship??

yh had my fun taking mickk

but for this point u made

well they aint living here for the sake of it.............. In punjab there are problems finding jobs for the average person......... they only come here in the hope of making money n supporting their families one way or another, im not speeking for all of them but majority......... if u speak to them, most actually want to go back to India but they know they have income coming in which they will have less chances of having back home so they stay. Theeres not much that we having that they cannot get there ya know. If aanything ide feel quite sorry for alot of them.