Campaign To Free Three Sikhs

sikhlionz

Keith Vaz MP has had ample time to raise an early day motion about the treatment of Shilpa Shetty on big brother. What about an early day motion for the release of Paramjit Singh (and the others falsely arrested and tortured) ?

Singh of Leicester contact MP Vaz and ask him to table an early day motion on the issue of these 3 Singh.

The Sikh Fed should also be pressing the two Wolverhampton MPs to do something similar.

Some good points by ‘Kurtas’ Veer Jee there for Leicester Sangat to consider.

I believe all three Wolverhampton MP's are being urged to intervene in the matter exceedingly, naturally due to Bhai Paramjeet Singh being a Wolverhampton constituent…in addition to over 200 other MP’s, all MEP’s, high ranking executives such as Chancellor Gordon Brown, Canadian Executive, Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty and internationally to all main Human Rights Groups. Probably more is going on in the background, but we can confirm this from press releases and personal understanding…

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sanjiv Buttoo's report on ‘the Wrap’ – BBC Asian Network – Regarding Bhai Paramjeet Singh’s Arrest

Monday 15th January - 12.15pm

Go to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/asiannet_aod.shtml?asiannet/asianwrap_mon

On the top left play window, forward (easiest to press “15mins” button) to 15minutes 40seconds for the report.

The news report lasts until around 18minutes 10seconds with a few short interviews.

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Please everyone do write letters because you may think it will not make a difference but it will. The point is making people aware of all this aswell as getting help.

Just to update...I received a letter back from my MP yesterday. He said that due to strict parliamentary convention he is unable to make representations on behalf of a consitituent who falls under another Member of Parliament. However, he has been briefed by Ken Purchase who is Mr Singh's own MP and he informed him that he is in touch with the family and his involved with this case.

I think it was a positive response. Please keep us all updated on what happens.

Thank you to everyone who has taken time out to help.

Please everyone do write letters because you may think it will not make a difference but it will. The point is making people aware of all this aswell as getting help.

Just to update...I received a letter back from my MP yesterday. He said that due to strict parliamentary convention he is unable to make representations on behalf of a consitituent who falls under another Member of Parliament. However, he has been briefed by Ken Purchase who is Mr Singh's own MP and he informed him that he is in touch with the family and his involved with this case.

I think it was a positive response. Please keep us all updated on what happens.

Thank you to everyone who has taken time out to help.

A very poor reply from the MP. You should write again stating as a British born Sikh you are concerned about the case of Paramjit Singh Ji and more imporatantly the general implications for all UK citizens when travelling to India e.g. wrongful arrest, planting of evidence , torture, denial of a consular visit etc etc. Lots of MPs got involved in the Guatanamo Taliban gang form Tipton and they certainly had nothing to do with the contituencies they accused were from.

Human rights abuses and abuse of the justice system are not the domain of just one MP. The issue of Human Rights is global and the implications and underlying abuses in this case are ones that concern us all regardless of our contituency.

Lets keep it real

Focus on the job at hand, and dont bother the MP in your neighbouring Bourough

this has to be done right. Consontrate on volume we need to keep the momentum up and every letter should make a difference. Sending letters to MP's who dont represent you are wasting valuble time and energy.

Well done to those who have stood up and partisipated in this campaign. Dont let reply's like this from MP's effect your judgment. Get another letter out to your local MP, they have to take head after all they represent us don't they?.

No disrespect to anyone but we are only asking our representations to be voiced in a civilised way so why shouldn't we be heard.

Keep Up the hard work

Gur Fateh

Any updates on this case ?

Leicester Sikhs any response from Keith Vaz as to when he will table an early day motion like he did for non UK citizen Shilpa Shetty ?

Looks like the political establishment are once again dragging their heels over Sikh issues. I bet if it had been Mr Abdul Khan (UK citizen) held in India the UK government would be making some sort of effort to get him freed.

As far as I am concerned the local Labour MP (and council wala) can discount my vote in future elections. They take us for granted. During election time the MP will come to Gurdwara to seek votes. The pathetic committee wale give him stage time as if he is Jesus Christ. All committee wale should demand action or no stage time. Also at the various mela the local MP gets to sit on stage and make political speaches. It is time they were put on the spot and asked why the UK sarkar has failed to do jack diddly to get UK citizen Paramjit Singh freed. They took a similar line last time he was imprisoned in India on false charges.