Senchiya Rehat?

ok please i do not want any bashin in this topic, i realise everyone not gonna agree...everyone entitled to opinion....ive heard many opinions though....so rather than someomnes opinion it would be good if someone could just provide a source if that is possible...like a rehat marayada

"house holds that keep sanchiya keep them in a respectfull way either on a mini palki or on a sucha shelf high up and covered with rimalas, but if houses are keep sanchiya where alchol, meat tabaco is consumed then that is beadbi and there paap" - someone said this on sikhsangat

i need to now the marayada of how to keep senchya....like the actual marayada that it is correct and documented somewhere.....because i have spoken to lots of different people and some say it is ok to have the senchya in your home....however we have egg products in our home??but people say as they are not maharaj saroop then it isnt beadbi as such, we wanted maharaj saroop at home but because my whole family isnt rehatdhari we didnt want to do beadbi....we now have senchya....one is always kept seperate from the rest as i have been told then it becomes maharaj saroop and obviously there is a marayda for that....however now i am wondering if i should maybe take one senchy out of my home all together....i dont want to do beadbi.....but you have to draw line somewhere before it just becomes brahminism??....thats why an actual marayada would help if it exists??

also i think if this was available on the website R4G it would help people understand situations such as the ek niwaas issue??

Thank you and sorry for my mistakes

the way of keeping sanchies is same as keeping gutkas .... the must be placed covered at some high and clean place .... the thing need to be remebered is that they should be kept in open ... that means they should not kept in cupboards which have doors .... this is minimum thing required .... rest u can give as much respect as u can ..... the only difference in parkash of guru granth sahib and sanchi sahib is that u dont need chandoa sahib ....

• 2 weeks later...
11) The Senchi Sahibs must NOT be stored on top of each other, see image.

hownottostoresenchisahiaq4.jpg

This is because when the Senchi Sahibs are placed together they are to be treated as Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji, and the full Maryada is to be observed at all times.

I find it hard to understand the concept that keeping Senchiya on top of each other is a big no no because it becomes a full saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as a pose to same Senchiya being kept side by side. In my view the bani is complete which ever way you keep 2 Senchiya.

I saw this posting on another similar thread.

I disagree with the concept that 2 senchiya put on top of each other can be the same as a Bir, the bir is one jilad, there is only 1 index, etc, only a full bir can be guru granth sahib, though i agree with all the respect points in reference to the senchiya. The question really comes back to how much we respect Gurbani, as some have pointed out that without action we are kind of just galai asiea chungiyea, achiyarea buriya... the utmost respect we can give is to embed the Gurbani in our soul and mind and pray that we continously live our life according to Gurbanis teachings, then we are showing repect to Gurbani.

Your point is correct, two senchia(n) isn't really Maharaaj but its very close so there are certain physical protocols in place.

There are many things we may never fully understand within Gurmat Maryada - but thats the way it is and always has been.

If you have two sets, so 1 + 2 and 1 + 2, you can place 1 + 1 together and 2 + 2. But never 1 + 2 on top of each other.

Your point is correct, two senchia(n) isn't really Maharaaj but its very close so there are certain physical protocols in place.

There are many things we may never fully understand within Gurmat Maryada - but thats the way it is and always has been.

If you have two sets, so 1 + 2 and 1 + 2, you can place 1 + 1 together and 2 + 2. But never 1 + 2 on top of each other.

No offence veerji, I completely understand that the upmost satkar should be given to Gurbani (from tuks to sloaks). In my view the 2 Senchi sahibs complete the bani of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji from mool mantr to ragmala. Therefore to declare that placing one senchi sahib on top of another can lead a higher level of beadbi compared to placing the exact same senchi sahibs side by side seems bizarre. The bani of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is complete either way, regardless of the positioning of the Senchi sahibs.

Like you said there is never too little satkar for Gurbani. I think there should be more satkar in keeping Senchi Sahibs, not just a top shelf and rumallay.

• 13 years later...
On 1/6/2007 at 4:53 AM, akaal ustat said:

ok please i do not want any bashin in this topic, i realise everyone not gonna agree...everyone entitled to opinion....ive heard many opinions though....so rather than someomnes opinion it would be good if someone could just provide a source if that is possible...like a rehat marayada

"house holds that keep sanchiya keep them in a respectfull way either on a mini palki or on a sucha shelf high up and covered with rimalas, but if houses are keep sanchiya where alchol, meat tabaco is consumed then that is beadbi and there paap" - someone said this on sikhsangat

i need to now the marayada of how to keep senchya....like the actual marayada that it is correct and documented somewhere.....because i have spoken to lots of different people and some say it is ok to have the senchya in your home....however we have egg products in our home??but people say as they are not maharaj saroop then it isnt beadbi as such, we wanted maharaj saroop at home but because my whole family isnt rehatdhari we didnt want to do beadbi....we now have senchya....one is always kept seperate from the rest as i have been told then it becomes maharaj saroop and obviously there is a marayda for that....however now i am wondering if i should maybe take one senchy out of my home all together....i dont want to do beadbi.....but you have to draw line somewhere before it just becomes brahminism??....thats why an actual marayada would help if it exists??

also i think if this was available on the website R4G it would help people understand situations such as the ek niwaas issue??

Thank you and sorry for my mistakes

Just because of egg, you can't keep maharan saroop?

Alcohol is a big nono but egg and meat is allowed but not in the darbaar of course. You definitely got this information from some taksali singhs, they are the biggest fanatics.

Your entire family doesnt need to be rehitvaan, as long as you are kattar in doing maharaj sewa and you refrain from doing kurehits, all are fine. Taksal is a great place but many Taksali Singhs get too fanatical.