What D'ya Reckon

WILDSINGH

i think its great when well known folk singers sing songs about our history. Makes it more appealing to my generations. there have been some amazing albums by:

Ustad Yamla Jatt

Ustad Surinder Shinda

Ustad Mohd Siddique (a muslim - how amazing is dat)

Ustad Nusrart Fateh Ali khan(")

Ustad Surjit Bhindrakhia

Ustad Rangila Jatt

Ustad Amar Singh Chamkila & Bibi Amarjyot

to name but a few :)

dude chamkila songs were no good :cool:

lol i kno...i wonder why he was murdered grin.gif:)

Rumour has it (THIS IS A RUMOUR- but one that is a pretty 100% one) that Chamkila was gunned down for:

a) singing dirty songs

b) apparently he was having an affair with amarjot (the isnger and she was pregnant with his kid)

Thing is they were both married (to other people) but hey this is just something someone told me once in Panjab, it seems to be folk law there though...dunno if its valid or not, just thought I would tell u since u asked the question

dude chamkila songs were no good :cool:

lol i kno...i wonder why he was murdered grin.gif:)

Rumour has it (THIS IS A RUMOUR- but one that is a pretty 100% one) that Chamkila was gunned down for:

a) singing dirty songs

b) apparently he was having an affair with amarjot (the isnger and she was pregnant with his kid)

Thing is they were both married (to other people) but hey this is just something someone told me once in Panjab, it seems to be folk law there though...dunno if its valid or not, just thought I would tell u since u asked the question

both of those are right

but he got gunned down for the dirty songs

he came to Malton gurdwara in canada, did adras and promised to sggs that he'll never sing these songs again

but when he wen bak to india he started again

dude chamkila songs were no good :)

u make it sound like he was evil. he was a lyrical genius..oh and by the way his album Talwar Main Kalgidhar Di Haan was the best selling album in 1983...and the reason he was killed wasnt for either those reasons...he was killed beacuse he was anti - khalistani and said it loud and proud.

Guest Bass Singh

he sang dirty songs u joka, thats y he got shot don! he did it infront of bibia and stuff, would u say dirty things infront of women? no, shouldnt even be saying sirty things!!!

anyway he got shot like basically for doing aardas infront of mahraj and stating he wouldnt sing dirty songs again, next thing u know, my manz singing dirtyy songs!!!

I used 2 have the whole dirty boliyan set by chamkila in my djing days and i know dirty his lyrics are, and NO he isnt a lyrical genius, but my man could pop any tune on a tumbi!!!!!!!!!!!!

and another thing, why are we talking about stupid bhangra when we should be jaaping naam! vaheguroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gurmantar JAP Homai Koi!!

4get this stupid rumours of how he got shot and that, he got shot simple as!! now lets just jaap naam!!

VAHEGUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!