Issues

Unity

Vaaheguroo Jee Kha Khalsa, Vaaheguroo Jee Khe Fateh!

The purpose of this Topic is that I am trying to find out how sikh’s (young/old men and women) are dealing with day to day problems. For example: If a young sikh is being bullied at school, uni, or even in their neighbour hood, how does this sikh deal with it?, Who does this sikh turn to? Does the sikh know that there are groups he/she can turn to?

If you were or have been in this situation what did/would you do?

Are you confident that if you ever have a problem you have the backing of your brothers and sisters?

If you ever have a problem can you act quickly?

Please put your views, I do want to hear about real life issues as I believe that some sikh bro’s and sisters are left alone and have to deal with their problems on their own.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kha Khalsa, Vaaheguroo Jee Khe Fateh!

jaa too mayrai val hai taa ki-aa muhchhandaa.

When You are on my side, Lord, what do I need to worry about?

There’s an old politicians saying, I think it was JFK. “Ask not what the nation has given you, ask what you can give the nation.” It is useful to know external organisation/groups etc exist out there to support society. But role should we play?

When Maharaj gave us the realisation of the Khalsa in 1699 , He blessed us with a label “Akal Purkh Ki Fauj” (God’s Army). We may have our individual interpreations of what a man-made army is, but to be honoured with such a spirtitual title means we have to gain the realisation that Maharaj wants us to perform a massive to contribution to society. A Spiritual army that belongs to God, made up of individual Saint-Soldiers, cannot have man-made boundries of discrimination or hate, must stand for the Truth and belong to everyone. The world should be able to see the Khalsa and see Spirit, Truth, Humility, Bravery, Equality & Human Rights. The Khalsa should be the backbone of society, providing an infrastructure and support network to the oppressed. Obviously in reality we are far from that due to our individual short comings.

jaa too mayrai val hai taa ki-aa muhchhandaa.

When You are on my side, Lord, what do I need to worry about?

There’s an old politicians saying, I think it was JFK. “Ask not what the nation has given you, ask what you can give the nation.” It is useful to know external organisation/groups etc exist out there to support society. But role should we play?

When Maharaj gave us the realisation of the Khalsa in 1699 , He blessed us with a label “Akal Purkh Ki Fauj” (God’s Army). We may have our individual interpreations of what a man-made army is, but to be honoured with such a spirtitual title means we have to gain the realisation that Maharaj wants us to perform a massive to contribution to society. A Spiritual army that belongs to God, made up of individual Saint-Soldiers, cannot have man-made boundries of discrimination or hate, must stand for the Truth and belong to everyone. The world should be able to see the Khalsa and see Spirit, Truth, Humility, Bravery, Equality & Human Rights. The Khalsa should be the backbone of society, providing an infrastructure and support network to the oppressed. Obviously in reality we are far from that due to our individual short comings.

pray.gif

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fathe!

well have been in a cupla fyts due 2 ppl startin on me becoz of wa i believ. iv had ppl try n knok my dhumalla off n that swell. but iv stood up for maself... not sayin dat in a bigheded way by the coz i dnt like it when it becomes a physical fyt. even arguing! :)

but like i liv in a wyt area so its a bit hard being accepted for hu u r, speshally when its BNP n RA massive! but i gess its all gd! jus gota b strong in hu i am n wa i do n dat....

soz if i sed netin rong o offensiv

well have been in a cupla fyts due 2 ppl startin on me becoz of wa i believ. iv had ppl try n knok my dhumalla off n that swell. but iv stood up for maself... not sayin dat in a bigheded way by the coz i dnt like it when it becomes a physical fyt. even arguing! :)

but like i liv in a wyt area so its a bit hard being accepted for hu u r, speshally when its BNP n RA massive! but i gess its all gd! jus gota b strong in hu i am n wa i do n dat....

soz if i sed netin rong o offensiv

haha yeh go on :cool:

Dear Veerji

What would you do if there was a repeat of 1947 or 1984 or and 9/11 like incidence in your neighbourhood.

Either we keep on fleeing from one country to other hoping some country would give us a refugee status in name of God

or

we sit back tight and defend our self , our culture our way of life and values we cherish like mentioned by you

"""The world should be able to see the Khalsa and see Spirit, Truth, Humility, Bravery, Equality & Human Rights. The Khalsa should be the backbone of society, """

one thing seen in history lesson is that

Christian country like Egypt

and

In Indian sub contient coutries like Afghanistan , Baluchistan , Sind , Kashmir and vast tracks of Punjab were high jacked under the Khalsas nose ( sorry for being a spoil sport mirror ) due to his innocence ; We must learn from history there are valuable lessons in it or we keep on making the same mistake each time.

To give an example :- Every human being is given a defence system in form of immunity and when HIV virus invades and destroys the immune system you can see the vulnerability of a individual and we know the consequences of it .

So the question asked by originator of this title is very valid and should catch eye of our visionaries and think tanks in consultation with other members of society where we live.

WGKWGF d_oh.gif

hps

• 1 month later...

waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh! veerji well i hve been i alot of stuff bt i always believe that sach paatshaah is with me pray.gif:) however i am hurt to when i see some of our fellow veerji's and penji's fight amonst themselfs and when we feel scared to talk to our fellow veerji's and penjis. blush.gif as i have also felt scared at times to chat to our own penji's and veerji's..................... im sry if i said anything to upset anyone

waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh!

wat i learned through life is, everything u want to learn, u can treach yourself.

u dont need sumone telling u wat sikhi is, go pik up a gutka and read.

i use to rely my sikhi on what other gursikhs wud tell me and wat i noticed is they jus tell u their opinion on how things shud be. if u got issues in life, i guratee u kno the answer, u jus gotta meditate on it. i beleive we hold the answer to everything , dig it up!