Emotions

thedoc

***devil's advocate alert***

I say No.

A gurmukh is not necessarily unattached.. he/she is just unatatched to maya.

instead of emotions being committed to maya-based things... the emotion is now a result of attachment to Gurbani and attachment to Guru... display of emotions may definitely still occur, but instead of it being a result of "my dog died", it could be "I just saw my Guru again" or along those lines... at least that's my thought... sorry if i be wrongs.

going along with japmans and B singh....

how can that state be emotionless?

im not at that state so can;t really be sure, but i trust guru sahib and he says

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=94

they don't feel any pain..they don't suffer as we do when we are emotionally attached to others or our own self!

have u evr loved someone without actually attaching yourself to um? you care for them, and love being with them...but yet if they were gone from ur life, u would feel exactly the same way u did when they were with u.

very hard thing to do by yourself. at that state u are content, and at peace. nothing bothers you and you walk on the path that is lead by waheguru( u understand hukum)

they have "died "and are living only for waheguru (KHALSA) if it makes sense. they know nothing is real and nothing is their.

a state as guru sahib explains to us : ANAND( ecstasy).

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

The answer is no.

To have no emotion would not be a good thing...it would mean no daya or empathy for others, no ability to feel for others.

There are stories of great Gursikhs and their relationships with their wives, as well as closeness to other gursikhs and sangat. These relationships were surely not without emotion. Bairaag is another example of a very intense emotion Gursikhs of high spiritual states experience.

These emotions are based on Gurmat and aimed towards Gursikhs and Guru Sahib, as opposed to being directed towards maya, as stated earlier.