Gurbani In The Sikh Times

mastaana_singh

Gurfateh Sangat Jio,

For the last 3 months I have been buying a copy of The Sikh Times and have noticed that There always is a Gurbani section. I personally think it is wrong as the paper ends up on the floor or ends up in the bins. I have wrote and sent Numerous E-mails raising my concern but failed to recieve a response.

Previously The Sikh Times Wrote a article on Guru Granth Sahib Mahraj and called it a book, which I feel is sincerly wrong.

I am asking the Sangat about their views on this issue as I might be wrong.

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bhaji,

I myself have a whole pile of Sikh Times that I need to dispose off.

I cannot put them in the bin so I am hoping to set a little fire going in the back garden and dispose of them in this way. I can also dispose of all the wedding cards I have that have got Gurbani tukhs in them as well.

I think the Gurdwaras should have a large box as you walk in, where you can place all paper based items - like Punjab Times, Des Pardas, Quam Awaaz and wedding cards etc - which may have gurbani or Guru pictures printed on them, so that the Gurdwara can then properly dispose of them.

We shouldn't really be printing more than we intend to use in the first place, but when it has been printed and needs to be disposed of I'd like to ask which is more in line with Gurmat principles:

Recycling paper

or,

cremating it?

In my opinion we should be doing that which is in tune with nature for that is the essence of Gurmat: recognising and living within The Divine Design. In my understanding this would be recycling.

Reduce... Reuse... Recycle... TheSikhWay!

Naujawani.com

What do you think? :)

Guest Khalsa Productions

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ॥

do sikh times have a website???

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ॥

We shouldn't really be printing more than we intend to use in the first place, but when it has been printed and needs to be disposed of I'd like to ask which is more in line with Gurmat principles:

Recycling paper

or,

cremating it?

In my opinion we should be doing that which is in tune with nature for that is the essence of Gurmat: recognising and living within The Divine Design. In my understanding this would be recycling.

Reduce... Reuse... Recycle... TheSikhWay!

Naujawani.com

What do you think? smile.gif

u r damn right. ^^^^^^^^^^^ the man speaks sense people, listen to him

yea , i havent thrown out the sikh times, weve been getting it for the last two years, my mums starting to kick off cos the piles just getin bigger, i did email them a long time ago but they didnt reply, we should sort something out, because its quite informative aswell, theres alot of mixed veiws and other papers which need to be dealt with.

regarding the articles in the sikh times , they have made mistakes a few times, sometimes they get non sikhs to do articles on sikhi and they just get it wrong and when the articles get published its disturbing that a 'sikh' titled paper is making mistakes like called the guru granth sahib ji a book