Sikh Converted To Islam!

All-Info

If someone has CHOSEN to emrace Islam, who the hell are we to go and start a vendetta against that person or the religion or people who wish to spread the word of their faith?

If someone has been FORCED to embrace Islam, then hell yeah, lets sort them out.

But i think here, the case is CHOSEN not FORCED...

AND its not as though Sikh Socs dont bad mouth Muslims in their talks and cuss down their religion!!! If you cant take it, dont dish it in the first place either :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone has CHOSEN to emrace Islam, who the hell are we to go and start a vendetta against that person or the religion or people who wish to spread the word of their faith?

If someone has been FORCED to embrace Islam, then hell yeah, lets sort them out.

AND its not as though Sikh Socs dont bad mouth Muslims in their talks and cuss down their religion!!! If you cant take it, dont dish it in the first place either :)

Yes he has chosen to embrace as you put it Islam,but at the same time he has been going around,bashing Sikh Gurus,and Sikhism by saying disrespectful stuff

..*wait*..slow down

the event was at 21st feb - yet you lot are talking abt it as if it is still going to happen

lol whats going on here?

Look guys we need to chill out...this <admin-profanity filter activated> is minor.

We need to focus on our self improvement as individuals then as a whole commuinity. we as sikhi do not propagate violence. we must be strong in our faith and leave this people to themselves.

ਜੰਗ ਹਿੰਦ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦਾ ਹੋਣ ਲੱਗਾ, ਦੋਵੇਂ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀ ਫੌਜਾਂ ਭਾਰੀਆਂ ਨੇ ।

ਨਾਲ ਗੋਲਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਬੰਦੇ ਜਾਣ ਉੱਡਦੇ, ਹਾਥੀ ਉਡਦੇ ਸਣੇ ਅੰਬਾਰੀਆਂ ਨੇ ।

ਅੱਜ ਹੋਵੇ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਤਾਂ ਮੁੱਲ ਪਾਵੇ, ਜਿਹੜੀਆਂ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਨੇ ਤੇਗਾਂ ਮਾਰੀਆਂ ਨੇ ।

ਸ਼ਾਹ ਮੁਹੰਮਦਾ ਇਕ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਬਾਝੋਂ ਫੌਜਾਂ ਜਿਤ ਕੇ ਅੰਤ ਨੂੰ ਹਾਰੀਆਂ ਨੇ ।

ANY insult to Sikhi will not be tolerated!! - If Sikhs bad mouth other religions that too is wrong

ANY insult to Sikhi will not be tolerated!! - If Sikhs bad mouth other religions that too is wrong

As far as i am aware their talk was fine. many people who have complained in this forum did not attend or attended late. the guy initially had a negative approach to muslims...

he said there were liars and idiots. the reason that he went towards muslims is simply he found that when in uni there were many muslims of different backgrounds n shi. this amazed him.

i agree wid my fellow siki brother that he went to islam by choice. if we just assume things n make wrong accusations then we are wrong n worse than them.

we siki should not resort to violence. instead do it properly. cos at the same time we are showing that we siki to can be normal n civilised.

I don't think the problem is the content, its the fact they need to parade converts around the country like some circus freaks.

Nobody else seems to do this, people convert from religion to religion all the time but why do we only hear when somebody converts to Islam??????????!!!!!!!!!

A reaction is what they want negative or not.

Reply from Harjinder Singh (Man In Blue) about the topic of conversions to Islam. I have not seen any other comments from any Sikh group/jathebhadi (including SAS) regarding these recent events in University which is obviously a concern to some Sikh youth. These official Sikh groups should release statements as a matter of responsibility, even if it is just to control the reaction.

As far as my ancient stupid little brain is concerned the following applies regarding conversions to Islam :

• This is (more or less) a free country. I am of Christian background and became a Sikh. If somebody of Sikh background wants to become a Muslim it is their right.

• At the consultation meeting with ACPO I raised the issue of girls being forced or seduced into Islam. The ACPO officers answered : come with concrete examples and we will investigate. Forced conversions (like forced marriages or emotional blackmail 'arranged' marriages) are not in tune with freedom, and neither the law nor the police have any sympathy for these.

If you have any concrete issues around forced conversions, please contact me and I will make sure that the relevant officers get told about this without any delay.

And stop worrying about Hindus. They are experts at being on forums and then never showing up.

Gurfateh,

Harjinder Singh

Sikh Activist

Columnist

Vice-Chair Faiths in Further Education Forum

Faith & Cultural Diversity Consultant

Heston, Middlesex, UK