??

Gurvinder.Singh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, i do not think it is appropriate for us to go around saying Merry Xmas to our Sikh brothers and sisters.

Why?

- What is the purpose of Xmas? If we are wishing merry xmas to each other, that means we are wishing them happiness that is christmas...

When we wish someone Happy Vaisakhi, what do we mean. We say it because we celebrate the meaning of Vaisakhi and we 'practise' it. We are Sikhs of Guru Sahib and have taken Amrit or intend to take it and follow reht.

Guru jee does not mention anything about Christianity, or anything xmas related to be proud of.

Guru jee also mentions that we are neither muslim nor hindu.

I.e. we are only Sikhs. Guru jee also says that we must not believe or practise their holy books.

- Xmas like other celebrations (easter etc) are non-Sikhi.

- Why do we wish each other happy xmas, are you going to bring a turkey home to celebrate? Do we support their practise?

- If we all want to look at xmas as just a bit of fun then why didnt Guru Sahib jee consider it?

- If we greet each other merry xmas, we are showing gaurai that we are no longer unique and that Sikhi has no meaning of its own.

- If we greet each other merry xmas, are we also going to go Church to pay our respects?

- Other faiths can attend our Guru Kar (Gurudwara Sahib), but Guru jee didnt ever say that we should learn from them and practise their ways. They are supposed to conform with our ways once they enter Guru jee's door...this means to at least not have drunk alcohol, smoke and must cover their heads and remove their shoes.

- Guru jee says to keep good sangat..and at the same time to not dis

criminate against others. But Guru jee did not say to practise their ways.

- Rahnee Rahai Soee Sikh Meraa

- If we can wish each other Merry Xmas, then we can also wish them Happy Eid, Happy Easter, Happy Diwali (thats hindu version), Happy Rakhri...and the list can go on.

But we wouldnt wish anyone Happy Eid, because we do not support the animals slaughter or their fasting rituals etc.

- Are we also going to distribute xmas cards to each other?

Then maybe we should also distribute eid cards too.

- The more we act like gaurai, we only walk away from Guru Sahib jee. We are not sent to earth as Sikhs to please others, but only to do what Guru Sahib jee expects of us.

- If xmas holiday period is a time when families get together, then why not say happy vacation, or happy new year, or happy Gurpurb. I think these are most appropriate.

- Hanjee we are not muslims and no one is a kafir to us, but Guru Sahib jee did not give us the green light to accept other religions practises. But are to keep strict to our reht only and keep Guru jee's door open to anyone who wishes to follow the Sikhi path in any way. Otherwise we accept other peoples faith by giving them respect, not by showing we approve or practise them.

- By saying Merry Xmas it does not mean we are following that associated religion, but it does mean that you are giving approval of the meaning and practise carried out of it.

If we want to say things like merry xmas, then one day we might as well start making toasts when having a drink, i.e. when people hit their glasses of drink together and say cheers.

The point is, we are to be GURmat and not MANmat. Greeting other sikhs with Merry Xmas, serves no purpose to Sikhi. Instead Guru jee says how saying GurFateh to another Sikh is expected and saluting in that manner is of Virtue. This way, we repeat vaheguru, and praise vaheguru jee at the same time and thus we initiating the Chardee Kalaa in each other.

Christmas has no meaning for us. Who cares about christmas. Why make khalistan if u are to celebrate christmases and new years. they have no meaning to us? that is christianity not sikhism. if u say merry christmas then you are christian. christians don't even know the greatest of all time. Guru Nanak Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji. you guys are no better than badal and other gaddars.

i agree with you totally,

boxing days just a day for everyone to save some $$$ :ww::

hey looks peeps i dont celebrate xmas if that a querry you got, but i do like to understand and learn more about what happens around me take a chill pill, princess i agree, but if ppl will take notice into sikhi and respect shiki then should we not respect there ways even though it is different? who said we all say merry xmas, and who said this was about xmas i only wanted to start a conversation off, and wanted to know what boxing day ment.

Remember opinions only no arguements ^_^