Gursikhs Attitude Towards Non Gursikhs

G.I JATT

Here wat i am about to say is not talking about religion, but about the individuals them selfs.

Why is it when ever you tell a Gursikh the bad things about them they take too much gussa and think were talkin about there religion not about them, just becuse there amritdharis.

Ive come across so many gursikhs and even expierenced it, that they think they are better than others who aint.

The reason i joined this site was cuz i thaught it was the best place to send this msg out

Let me tell u abit my self 1st, i am not a gursikh but know quite a few of them. and also i do not eat MEAT or DRINK so im not one of those idiots and know alot about my religion.

wat ive expierenced, there was only two sikhs me and a gursikh at this place not metioning were. for time we dident talk to each other, well i did try to but got blanked everytime. then there was a time were we did and i wished if i dident ever talk to him. wat happeden was that we were talking about sikhi, and this so called gursikh not knowing wat gursikh means was telling me that im not a sikh. so i sed to him "that u dnt know wat a sikh means, sikh means learner and u being a gursikh(teacher) teaching a sikh that he aint a sikh wat kind of gursikh are you"

now a few months ago i went to a sikh community centre. were a couple of gursikhs were and my cuzen(gursikh) knowing them they welcomed each other vere nicely. and when it come to my turn it was like i wasent even seen. the nearest gursikh to me i shook his hand but it was like he had to think twice shaking it. and then he gives me a look like ivee just killed a animal or somethink. so i dident bother shaking the other gursikhs hands.

theres alot more i cud type but i cnt be bothered, by the way if i affended any one SORRY, but im just speakink the truth.

i was once told by some on that people who have gusikhs in there familys or as friends are very lucky, cuz theres sum one to show them the true path.

but if no one's willing to teach. how we gunna learn.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what u mean.. but the TRUE gursikhs will welcome you with OPEN ARMS... so dont worry about it.. uve jus met the wrong type of people i guess. A lot of amritdhare gursikhs i know are welcoming to others who are not gursikh. Ive seen this a lot myself being a gursikh.. bt i dunno.. not really anything u can do.. bt the gurskhs will realise hopefully one day with gurus kirpa.. what they are doing wrong..

Here wat i am about to say is not talking about religion, but about the individuals them selfs.

Why is it when ever you tell a Gursikh the bad things about them they take too much gussa and think were talkin about there religion not about them, just becuse there amritdharis.

Ive come across so many gursikhs and even expierenced it, that they think they are better than others who aint.

The reason i joined this site was cuz i thaught it was the best place to send this msg out

Let me tell u abit my self 1st, i am not a gursikh but know quite a few of them. and also i do not eat MEAT or DRINK so im not one of those idiots and know alot about my religion.

wat ive expierenced, there was only two sikhs me and a gursikh at this place not metioning were. for time we dident talk to each other, well i did try to but got blanked everytime. then there was a time were we did and i wished if i dident ever talk to him. wat happeden was that we were talking about sikhi, and this so called gursikh not knowing wat gursikh means was telling me that im not a sikh. so i sed to him "that u dnt know wat a sikh means, sikh means learner and u being a gursikh(teacher) teaching a sikh that he aint a sikh wat kind of gursikh are you"

now a few months ago i went to a sikh community centre. were a couple of gursikhs were and my cuzen(gursikh) knowing them they welcomed each other vere nicely. and when it come to my turn it was like i wasent even seen. the nearest gursikh to me i shook his hand but it was like he had to think twice shaking it. and then he gives me a look like ivee just killed a animal or somethink. so i dident bother shaking the other gursikhs hands.

theres alot more i cud type but i cnt be bothered, by the way if i affended any one SORRY, but im just speakink the truth.

i was once told by people who have gusikhs in there familys or as friends are very lucky, cuz theres sum one to show them the true path.

but if no one's willing to teach. how we gunna learn.

I know where exactly you are coming from with this issue. I also experience a lot of hate from amritdharis as well. These fools act like they're better than everybody and only consider themselves as Sikhs while rest of us are just Punjabis. But oddly enough, these fools are also the biggest cowards you will ever find. When push comes to shove, you will never see an amrtdhari willing to stand up and fight for a cause (especially here in the west). Makes you wonder why they even bother wearing a kirpan.

Oh yeah, there is nothing wrong about eating meat.

Punjabi_Link veer tusi punjabi da akhaan suniya ? " Guh te pathar marro ge ta shitte aap te hi penn ge" if you come across a terrible person and all you can think of is slandering him/her then there is no diff. b/w you and the person. Why would you stoop to the same level?

Punjabi_Link veer tusi punjabi da akhaan suniya ? " Guh te pathar marro ge ta shitte aap te hi penn ge" if you come across a terrible person and all you can think of is slandering him/her then there is no diff. b/w you and the person. Why would you stoop to the same level?

I just simply stated the truth. Every time there is a need to stand up for a cause (like the whole Sikh girl converting issue) and fight back, it is usually the monay/ Sehajdhari doing the seva while amritdharis are nowhere to be found.

i hear this alot from non amrithari skihs, especially from sehejdhari sikhs, that amrithari sikhs think that they are better then sehejdhari sikhs. ok, this mite be true with a few amrithari sikhs jus like it is wiv ppl in general. but to be honest i dont think it is with the majority of amrithari sikhs that i kno because those i kno are very humble and accepting. i remember having this convo wiv a mona mate that i kno in uni. i myself keep my kesh but hav not been fortunate enough to take amrit yet. he came once to an event that was organised by sum amrithari singhs that i kno, sum of them came and shook his hand and sum did not. he told me at the end that he felt they looked down at him. i asked him why do u feel like that, he sed that they hardly spoke a word to him and he felt as tho he was being ignored. i explained to him that it isnt because they didnt like him, jus because they dont kno him. u cnt expect ppl to jus get on wiv each other jus like that, noy every1 is that confident or has great social skills. he then sed to me that hes noticed it alot wiv all amrithari sikhs and not jus them. i asked him how many sikhs he knew, the fact was that i was really the only sikh that he knew so i told him that really u dont have any basis to your arguement. i dont mean to offend any1 but personally i think that alot of ppl feel this way about amrithari sikhs because they are self conscious. ppl immediately assume amrithari sikhs are lookng down upon them. ask urself this question, how many non amrithari gursikhs hav u met that dont say a single word to u. the fact is ppl are jus ppl and human nature is human nature. everybody percieves a sikh as loveing and welcoming and a sikh should be, but the fact is amrithari sikhs are only human and hav the same self conciousness and personality defaults as any ova human.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fatteh

I think you need to go to a Sikh camp, for e.g. BOSS, if your willing to learn, then you will be treated right, but don't get hung up on it, yeh you need sangat to push you in that direction but you say your knowledge of sikhi is quite good, Guru Granth Sahib ji is there for you, if Gursikhs dont do Fatteh to you, go to Guru ji and do Fatteh. Its like the if you go to Guru ji when its quiet, its amazing, like nothing could touch you.

Some Gursikhs do believe they are above people but that could be said about anyone, having ego is a major problem within our society. its like on this site, we had people saying some things about Baba Banda Singh Bahudar which i found totally unjustified. We all do the Ardaas, but at the same time we wipe it all out by doing chugli and nindiyan. Like i don't care what jatha people are from, i am just the servant of our Guru Sahib.

I just simply stated the truth. Every time there is a need to stand up for a cause (like the whole Sikh girl converting issue) and fight back, it is usually the monay/ Sehajdhari doing the seva while amritdharis are nowhere to be found.

actually bruv u dont kno wat u are talking about, cus i kno alot of amrithari sikhs that are very active on this issue and deal with this and other issues all the tym. to be honest, nearly all the ppl i kno that are involved in these kind of activities are are amrithari and keshthari, hardly any money. im not sayin sehejthari sikhs arent active on this issue cus obviously u are sayin u are but as for u sayin amritharis do not do anything bruv that is not true.

actually bruv u dont kno wat u are talking about, cus i kno alot of amrithari sikhs that are very active on this issue and deal with this and other issues all the tym. to be honest, nearly all the ppl i kno that are involved in these kind of activities are are amrithari and keshthari, hardly any money. im not sayin sehejthari sikhs arent active on this issue cus obviously u are sayin u are but as for u sayin amritharis do not do anything bruv that is not true.

No, you don't know what you are talking about. It was crews like "Shere-E-Punjab" that were active about the issue. They're bunch of monay. Amritdharis and Keshdhari did nothing speical. That is one example. Come to Canada, you will see that people don't mess with sikhs because monay/sehajdharis not because of you amritdharis and keshdharis.