Sikh Lad Stabbed And Murdered In Ilford, London

Sat1176

23 year old Sikh guy stabbed

ohmy.gif :umm: :<Edited>:

A MANHUNT has been launched after a fatal stabbing in the early hours of this morning (Sat).

The victim, a man believed to be in his 20s and of Asian origin, was involved in a row at a bus stop in Chapel Road with a black man.

He had been waiting for a bus with a friend when the argument took place.

Det Chief Insp John MacDonald said: "We would very much like to speak to the victim's friend who we believe was with him at the time of the murder. He hasn't yet come forward.

"They both got off the 123 bus outside Greggs the bakers in Ilford town centre and then walked to get the 369 bus in Chapel Road. It was at this bus stop that the murder occurred. We believe there were people at the bus stop who witnessed the altercation who then got on the 369 bus at around 1am. We need these people to come forward."

The attacker, also believed to be in his 20s, around 5ft 8in and of slim build, ran off into Clements Road and then into Winston Way.

Police are keen to speak to a young couple who bumped into him as he made his escape. The woman was light skinned, with long dark hair and wore a blue dress and dark knee-high boots. The man had short dark hair and wore a white long-sleeved top and blue jeans.

The victim was taken to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, where he later died.

A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: "We were called to Winston Way at 1.10am and sent two fast response cars and two ambulances to the scene.

"One patient had sustained stab wounds and was taken to hospital."

Witnesses should call 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 11.

I heard on the radio that his name was Jaspreet Singh aged 23. Very sad news indeed...

Man charged over bus stop murder

Mr Singh was stabbed in the heart

A teenager has been charged with the murder of a man who was stabbed at a bus stop in east London.

Jaspreet Singh was attacked as he and a friend waited for a night bus in Chapel Road, Ilford, early on Saturday.

The 25-year-old was taken to King George Hospital, Goodmayes, but died from a single stab wound to the heart.

Kamuzu Munroe, 19, of Ilford, is due to appear before Redbridge Magistrates' Court on Monday charged with murder. Police have appealed for witnesses.

Bus passengers

According to police, the two friends had got off the number 123 bus outside Greggs bakery in Ilford town centre, before walking to Chapel Road to wait for the number 369 night bus.

An argument then broke out at about 0100 BST and Mr Singh was stabbed, police said.

Earlier, Det Ch Insp John MacDonald said they had now spoken to the victim's friend but still wanted to hear from any other witnesses.

"We believe that there were people at the bus stop who witnessed the altercation who then got on the 369 bus. We need these people to come forward."

Rediff are saying the attack was racist. I always tell people how some blacks are racist too but people seem to be blind to it. What really bothers me is what the hell have these racist blacks got against us. We never did anything to them. In fact they are the ones who threw us out their country. I completely condemn the racists' comments posted on this topic but it is true that a strikingly disproportionate amount of blacks do have some sort of chip on their shoulder. This comes from experience where i have had the majority of my racist experiences come from black people. I think interethnic racism should be addressed because it is all too often ignored.

"and what does the human race have in common with the jelly babies? everyone hates the black ones."

I actually like the black ones, but the red ones are ok too. Actually they are all nice except the orange ones.

I was in Ilford that night.

Dude lay of black people, they aren't behind any widespread anti-Sikh activity. I know of a few Sikh boys who have done similar stuff themselves so cool it bro.

Dude lay of black people, they aren't behind any widespread anti-Sikh activity. I know of a few Sikh boys who have done similar stuff themselves so cool it bro.

Are you talking to me? I’m assuming you are because the racist never accused them of being behind anti-Sikh activity. Even I didn’t but my response would seem closer to being the catalyst for the initiation of your response. Let’s get one thing straight, I’m not saying blacks are particularly against Sikhs (even though some might be) but am saying some are against anyone who are not black just like how some white racists are against anyone who is not white. I do not understand the problem. If it was a white person who had been the perpetrator, I would have been able to make my statements without any quarrel but because he’s black and according to rediffs police statement he was racist, you are still making a fuss out of it trying to protect ALL black people. I am not attacking ALL black people but am just addressing the racist ones like how anyone would address white ones. Why are people so touchy when it comes to this and black people. They (racist ones) deserve the same condemnation as white racists or whoever.

If you were not talking to me then I am sorry and please kindly ignore my comments.

For all we know the Sikh guy may have been tipsy and started it, but until the facts come out we wont know.....

What I was trying to get at is that their are some communities within the white, hindu and muslim population that actually organise attacks on the community through conversions, general brainwashing etc. Kalay are not doing this.

Not saying what this guy done was acceptable but i don't think it was an attack on Sikhs, that guy probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a <admin-profanity filter activated> and a sikh anyway.

I feel sorry for the boys family, I bet they will stop any of their youth going out for a long time after this.

For all we know the Sikh guy may have been tipsy and started it, but until the facts come out we wont know.....

What I was trying to get at is that their are some communities within the white, hindu and muslim population that actually organise attacks on the community through conversions, general brainwashing etc. Kalay are not doing this.

Not saying what this guy done was acceptable but i don't think it was an attack on Sikhs, that guy probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a <admin-profanity filter activated> and a sikh anyway.

I feel sorry for the boys family, I bet they will stop any of their youth going out for a long time after this.

I don't think a police statement quoted by rediff saying it was racist just came out of nowhere.

Mate you’re getting me wrong. I’m not saying it was an attack on the victim because he was a Sikh but because he was an Asian. It’s true, he didn’t probably know the difference between a Sikh and anyone else but he knew he was Asian. This racist black on brown racism does happen as I’ve experienced it myself and have heard of others experience it too. When I previously said they (racist blacks) kicked us out their country I was referring to all brown skinned people not just Sikhs. Some blacks probably don’t have a problem with Sikhs particularly the way how those people in those communities you mentioned do, but they definitely have a problem with Asians.

I don't think a police statement quoted by rediff saying it was racist just came out of nowhere.

Mate you’re getting me wrong. I’m not saying it was an attack on the victim because he was a Sikh but because he was an Asian. It’s true, he didn’t probably know the difference between a Sikh and anyone else but he knew he was Asian. This racist black on brown racism does happen as I’ve experienced it myself and have heard of others experience it too. When I previously said they (racist blacks) kicked us out their country I was referring to all brown skinned people not just Sikhs. Some blacks probably don’t have a problem with Sikhs particularly the way how those people in those communities you mentioned do, but they definitely have a problem with Asians.