How Important Is Bibek?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it is a part of rehit that can boost your spiritual jeevan. I personally do not keep sarbloh bibek, but to deny some of its benefits is wrong. But bibek of not eating from outside i believe is definetely important.

In amrit sanchar, when the amrit is prepared, it is prepared in sarbloh, while bani is being recited into it. The vibrations from the sarbloh and the bani, make water into Amrit. When these vibrations go inside us they uplift our vibrations. (When our vibrations rise, we are spiritually uplifted).

So it makes sense, that if we prepare our food in sarbloh while reciting bani, we will get good vibrations from that, which will go inside us, and help keep our good vibrations going. Even if we do not prepare our food in sarbloh, we should atleast be reciting bani while preparing our food.

When we eat from outside, there are no positive vibrations going into that food. Infact there may be negative vibrations going into the food.

When we read bani do bhagti, we are raising our vibrations, so it would make sense not to eat food that will lower those vibrations we are building, it would make more sense to eat food that will help us maintain where we are at or even raise it.

There is a whole science about these 'vibrations', and many papers have been written about them by people of many faiths, these vibrations are something that no one can deny exists.

And at the end of the day, we are here for one reason, and one reason only. To do bhagti, which directly raises our vibrations (thats the science behind it), so to do something that doesn't raise, and may lower those vibrations, is counter-productive.

That's what I believe.

Guest Dancing Warrior

With respect

Only the privileged can undertake such comforts, they can pick and choose. The truly poor and starving would eat from the floor if need be.

Both suffer. But who does the lord listen to?

Just an opinion no disrespect is intended

I know this is a bit of topic but it relates to what sher singh was toching on.

He mentioned amrit, when reading gurbani we come across this tok "Conta amrit paria shabad cadlia panhari" which means simply "this body contains a well of Amrit trough the shabad one takes it out" Now we all agree that the Punj piaria are Guru roop, yes. Now in gurbani it says that anyone calling themselves a Guru should be able to do three things, one Show you the partakt darshaan of Akaal roop, (Waheguru' light, which is every where but we cant see it) Two tell you the story of god (akact katah) and three give you the Gur-mantar Waheguru.

So gur karo jo saach dhrirraavai || akathh kathhaavai sabadh milaavai ||

So make Him your Guru, who can show the Truth within you,who speaks the Unspoken Speech, and merges you in the Word of the Shabad.

Now this is the avasta of a guru, one how can show you the true form of God, tell you about God and then give you shabad to reach him.

Now when the Punj piaari make Amrit they make it with there eyes, sat-guru has in a passage in sukhmani shaib explained the sight of a Bruhm giaani.

Bruhm gianni ki amrit drishti. which means the sight of bruhm giaani is full of amrit. And with this same drisht Punj piaari make Poul amrit.

But this miriada over the years has been lost and forgoten but with the grace of satguru all the history of our guru has not been lost in the form of Guru Granth Shaib.

I know some people wont belive this but keep in mind that how the Bhagats and Brahm gianis eat is not the same us ours they eat ans sleep in bruhm, (God) It was this miriadh that kept the khalsa so pure, Khalsa like Akali Phola Singh, Bhai Mani singh and other Mahaan Gurmukhs.

Until in my opinion this miradi is not reinstated the problems of drugs drinking and lust will not leave our lives.

there is no bibek and sarbloh bibek

there is only sarbloh bibek, people have decided that eating from sarbloh only is too hard, so they do not follow this part of the rehit, and call it bibek instead of sarbloh bibek. There is only sarbloh bibek, not bibek as well in terms of food anyways.

And yes sarbloh bibek is a rehit of guru sahib so is obviously very important