A Question

Guest Dancing Warrior

Guest Dancing Warrior

I spoke once with a most respected Singh Sahib in discussion about the V/Waheguru Mantra he explained that the mantra had been there during the time of Guru Nanak dev ji perhaps even before. However it was not written or talked about being that sacred, it was only passed down from Guru too disciple in an oral tradition during initiation of Charan Amrit.

Can any body shed any light on this?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeaa, back then, the Gurmantar was soooooo powerful, people dared to tell any one about it, it was kept gupt, amongst guru ji only like 2 or 3 people knew about it. Just shows if we kept the gurmantar gupt who knows what we could be doing.

Flying, shooting lazers outa our ears/eyes, lol just kidding, buh ahah strikes an idea, looool

whats the source of informatin where you as told it was kept gupt?

hau bilhwrI siqgur Apuny ijin gupqu nwmu prgwJw ]2]

ho balihaaree sathigur apunae jin gupath naam paragaajhaa ||2||

I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lord's hidden Name to me. ||2||

Gurbani says it!

The guru has given us this gift but we are so weak that we start to show off this jem. Its like me given out my bank card details to every, but this does'nt happen. Its a gift only given to the gursikhs by the true guru, if one wants to give it out or says comments such as we dont need it, then that person will get no where in spiritual gain!

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, wagheguroo ji ki fateh!

guhj rqn ivic luik rhy koeI gurmuiK syvku kFY Koiq ]

guhaj rathan vich luk rehae koee guramukh saevak kadtai khoth ||

Hidden within it are the jewels of mystery; how rare is that Gurmukh, that selfless servant, who digs them out.

gupqw hIrw pRgt BieE jb gur gm dIAw idKweI ]2]1]31]

gupathaa heeraa pragatt bhaeiou jab gur gam dheeaa dhikhaaee ||2||1||31||

The hidden diamond became visible, when the Guru revealed it to me. ||2||1||31||

It is true to say that this is only given to a few not every one will gain this state!

The word vaheguroo comes in gurbani repeatedly, aswel as in Bhai Gurdas jees vaars.

when i read that Gurbani, i understand it as the gupt naam, was the naam that was gupt from the world. and Guru Sahib revealed it to the world, after obtaining it from Sach Khand.

when mr kumi said Gurmantar was kept gupt, does this mean that no one in those times knew about the word Vaheguroo, only the ones Guru Sahib gave it to? in that case, i dont understand why Mahraaj would write it in Gurbani in which everyone has access to

fateh

(i love p walla)

Poor poor poor poor Bhai gurdas ji, such a buchara. I mean how was he to know that vaheguru was a gupt mantar and that he wasn't allowed to tell the sikhs about it ... i mean isnt it a bit strange that it appears in bhai gurdas jis varran, which bhai sahib preached around the whole country .. so bhai sahib discussed 'VA-HE-GU-RU' with the masses and yet he wasnt the guru ... soo ... hmmmm

and given that bhai gurdas ji did once make a mistake in one of his varaan and guru hargobind sahib ji taught him a lesson and he changed the vaar, can i not assume that had he been wrong in discussing VA-HE-GU-RU with the sikhs that the guru would have again corrected him?

oooo and dont forget how guru gobind singh ji has put the mantar VA-HE-GU-RU twice in the khalsa's fateh ... i guess he was wrong for letting it out in the open too hey, cus somebody might hear the mantar VA-HE-GU-RU ... hmmm

food for thought hey?

Guest Dancing Warrior

This is confusing but healthy! :umm:

This is also being discussed over on Sikhawareness

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...&highlight=

So far as a people have said on the above discussion Gurmantra was not really kept gupt hopefully others may also share their wisdom knowledge on this topic. Whatever people think please share it that’s the only way we learn together. Thank you all so far for commenting on this.