A Question

Guest Dancing Warrior

Guest Dancing Warrior
kiljug bwby qwirAw s`qnwm pVH mMqR suxwXw]

Baba Nanak rescued this dark age (kaliyug) and recited ‘satinam’ mantr for one and all.

kil qwrx gur nwnk AwXw ]òó]

Guru Nanak came to redeem the kaliyug.

How can Guru Ji redeem Kalyug without revealing Naam..?

This is true, but would it have been only to a selective few? Guru jis sangath? Or would it have been recited to anyone? if you get what i mean?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The word vaheguroo comes in gurbani repeatedly, aswel as in Bhai Gurdas jees vaars.

when i read that Gurbani, i understand it as the gupt naam, was the naam that was gupt from the world. and Guru Sahib revealed it to the world, after obtaining it from Sach Khand.

when mr kumi said Gurmantar was kept gupt, does this mean that no one in those times knew about the word Vaheguroo, only the ones Guru Sahib gave it to? in that case, i dont understand why Mahraaj would write it in Gurbani in which everyone has access to

fateh

(i love p walla)

Bhai sahib and penji above, very valid points. It is still gupt to some but not gursikhs who take amrit, you see not every one gets blessed with amrit or actually gets the gift of raas, at amritsanchars we get the naam introduced to us but even this isn’t the actually naam that mahraj wants us to experience, naive people that talk about bhai gurdaas ji and writing childish comments wont get far, but chalo you get that every where.

If we want to complain about these things staying gupt why is it that only abhliakhi and gursikhs are aloud to go in amrit sanchars, why is this kept gupt. Were as the guru has introduced it to every one. Even goreh know in RE class that we need to take amrit, it’s not gupt then, but it is when the actually ceremony is taking place (if this makes sense).

Bhai sahib AK47 if one wants to learn about these topics and learn from each other then it is not wise to write childish comments. For your question, so by taking amrit do you think we have done it, we can go straight to sachkand, NO! We need to contemplate on it, and then there is another gift such as RAAS, DASAM DUAR, ANAHAD SHABAD and ATHI PEHAR NAAM ABHIYAAS, we also know about these stuff but HAVE WE EXPERIENCED IT. So why are these things kept gupt from us?

(ulitimate papi when daas sees you then daas will show you his love lol)

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

Does anyone know anything about naam? Only that mind can know if it begins to understand

aisaa naam nira(n)jan hoe ||

Such is the Name of the Immaculate Lord.

jae ko ma(n)n jaanai man koe ||12||

Only one who has faith comes to know such a state of mind. ||12||

otherwise the secret remains unfolded. But were is this secret? In search of naam many have been sanyasis, tiagis or sadhus. They abandon their homes and families in search of naam.

In Japji Sahibs Guru shows great spritual knowledge. read the pauris of sunnai. have you benefited from what the pauris say? if not then you have not heard.

Gurbani is like an ocean we cannot fathom its depth.

Guru ji says that a person who climbs the four steps os sunnai in japji sahib reaches the four pauris of mannai. After climbing these pauris of mannai one will reach the truth called naam. Their is no differnce between Naam and naami ( the supreme being akal purakh)

This is true, but would it have been only to a selective few? Guru jis sangath? Or would it have been recited to anyone? if you get what i mean?

Hmm good point..

Personally I would think to anyone who wishes to be a Sikh..

vwihgurU gurU mMqR hY jp haumYN KoeI]

His Guru-manta is Vahiguru, whose recitation erases egotism.

Bhai Gurdas Ji spelt it out.. so I guess it wasnt confined to anyone.. well unless they didn't bother listening to Guru Ji/Bhai Gurdas Ji

Hmm good point..

Personally I would think to anyone who wishes to be a Sikh..

vwihgurU gurU mMqR hY jp haumYN KoeI]

His Guru-manta is Vahiguru, whose recitation erases egotism.

Bhai Gurdas Ji spelt it out.. so I guess it wasnt confined to anyone.. well unless they didn't bother listening to Guru Ji/Bhai Gurdas Ji

True but even by taking amrit we wont get libration. We will still have to wake up amrtwela, and get the secret gifts such as Dasam Duar and Athi PEhar Naam Abhiyaas. We cant complain! Its in his hukam! Tel a goreo on the street the word waheguroo does that mean there ego has gone and now they will be able to reach sachkand.

lol calm down calm down mate! if you cant take a bit of humour and sarcasm then you really need to learn how debates work!

my point stands, did bhai gurdas ji preach the mantar to the people of the country. the people he preached to were not at the times sikhs of the guru. by learning about gurbani and vaheguru, they would have gone on to become sikhs of the guru. so very clearly guru ji and the parcharks told the world about the might and power of the mantar vaheguru so that people would repeat it and find akal purkh.

you say

at amritsanchars we get the naam introduced to us but even this isn’t the actually naam that mahraj wants us to experience

yes so... what point are you trying to make? the discussion is about the mantar 'VAHEGURU'. You clearly have said that while we recieve this mantar, there is still more to it then that, the extra elements of bhagti and self relalisation and the powers that come from these, but the mantar itself is out in the open.

who is complaining about things being kept gupt? we are saying that this mantar is NOT gupt and that maharajh introduced it to save the world. i think you are getting your wires crossed.

ill speak with all the childish comments i like, thats my choice, ill even add some sense in them ifi choose to. show me where anybody has stated that by taking amrit alone you will get to sachkhand or become one with akal purkh?

we all know that there are many many mnay additional things you need to do after taking amrit, nobody is debating these! and yet are these things that you have mentioned gupt... no i dont think they are. gupt is somethig that is kept secret, nobody knows about it, or hears about it, but the thinsg you have mentioned are right here!! they are not gupt, its just we are blind and our eyes are closed to them. just because we havent reached the level of aath pehar avasta it doesnt mean its a secret, how can it be when guru ji has told us about it in gurbani. our guru is most compassioante and dayaloo he has given us everything and told us everything. whether we take it on borad or not is our own choice. guru ji has given us everything we need to merge with akal purkh.

and the points are made still stand valid. if vaheguru mantar was to e kept a secret, why did guru ji put it in the fathe, in gurbani and why is it in bhai gurdas jis varran?

thank you

o and phenji, please dont even go into the discussion about secret methods and ways of doing bhagti. theres loads ok. just leave it at that.

do you even know what were discussing here? you seem very lost?

Tel a goreo on the street the word waheguroo does that mean there ego has gone and now they will be able to reach sachkand.

maybe, maybe not? who are you to say? have you reached that level of kamai that you can say what power gurbani has or does not have? who are you to judge the shakti of the shabad Vaheguru?

what if you read the whole of guru granth sahib ji to somebody, and lets says 'nothing' happened, does that mean all of gurbani should/is gupt to!?

re-read the thread, i think youv gotten lost in there somewhere.

lol calm down calm down mate! if you cant take a bit of humour and sarcasm then you really need to learn how debates work!

my point stands, did bhai gurdas ji preach the mantar to the people of the country. the people he preached to were not at the times sikhs of the guru. by learning about gurbani and vaheguru, they would have gone on to become sikhs of the guru. so very clearly guru ji and the parcharks told the world about the might and power of the mantar vaheguru so that people would repeat it and find akal purkh.

you say

at amritsanchars we get the naam introduced to us but even this isn’t the actually naam that mahraj wants us to experience

yes so... what point are you trying to make? the discussion is about the mantar 'VAHEGURU'. You clearly have said that while we recieve this mantar, there is still more to it then that, the extra elements of bhagti and self relalisation and the powers that come from these, but the mantar itself is out in the open.

who is complaining about things being kept gupt? we are saying that this mantar is NOT gupt and that maharajh introduced it to save the world. i think you are getting your wires crossed.

ill speak with all the childish comments i like, thats my choice, ill even add some sense in them ifi choose to. show me where anybody has stated that by taking amrit alone you will get to sachkhand or become one with akal purkh?

we all know that there are many many mnay additional things you need to do after taking amrit, nobody is debating these! and yet are these things that you have mentioned gupt... no i dont think they are. gupt is somethig that is kept secret, nobody knows about it, or hears about it, but the thinsg you have mentioned are right here!! they are not gupt, its just we are blind and our eyes are closed to them. just because we havent reached the level of aath pehar avasta it doesnt mean its a secret, how can it be when guru ji has told us about it in gurbani. our guru is most compassioante and dayaloo he has given us everything and told us everything. whether we take it on borad or not is our own choice. guru ji has given us everything we need to merge with akal purkh.

and the points are made still stand valid. if vaheguru mantar was to e kept a secret, why did guru ji put it in the fathe, in gurbani and why is it in bhai gurdas jis varran?

thank you

o and phenji, please dont even go into the discussion about secret methods and ways of doing bhagti. theres loads ok. just leave it at that.

The word and mantar it self is there agreed for the world, but daas was talking on another level sorry for the mistake.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh!