Nihang Rehat?

i have also heard not from one but many singhs in uk who claims sukha singh is jathedar of budhadal in uk ..... :@ @ ..... but not from any singh in india ......

is he calling himself jathedar ?????

The only reason why I raise a question is, if there are senior Mahakaal Singhs such as Baba Parmaan Singh, and Baba Anoop Singh in the UK, why are they not the Jathedhar?

Correct me if im wrong, but there are also Farladharis in Canada and America, does this mean we also have Budha Dal US and Budha Dal NA?

and whats wrong with Guru Gobind Singh Jis Rehat Maryadha?

Is there something more special about other maryadha. As I understood there was only ONE rehat maryadha assigned by the tenth Tenth Master, why change it? *Confused*

Bhul Chuk maaf

budhdal has oldest and unchanged mareyada .... unchanged unedited not influnced by any mahapursh or sant .... its true and real .... budhdals mareyada is as stated by dasme pita while giving amrit to punj peyare in 1699 .... unlike other mareyadas edited over and over again ..... rolleyes.gif

Is there something more special about other maryadha. As I understood there was only ONE rehat maryadha assigned by the tenth Tenth Master, why change it? *Confused*

Bhul Chuk maaf

budhdal has oldest and unchanged mareyada .... unchanged unedited not influnced by any mahapursh or sant .... its true and real .... budhdals mareyada is as stated by dasme pita while giving amrit to punj peyare in 1699 .... unlike other mareyadas edited over and over again ..... rolleyes.gif

Right...thats makes sense now! and how do we know it is unchanged and unedited, this is my next question, is there any evidence to suggest that this maryadha is unchanged and unedited? I am asking this because is over 300 years ago since the Khalsa was born.

This is not an argument..I am simply collecting the facts, so that I can learn too.

Bhul Chuk maaf

One more thing, can you tell me the difference between 'Buddha dhal' and 'Tarna dhal'. Baba Nihal Singh Ji is very close to my family and has visited us many times in the Uk in our house and he is the Jathedhar of Tarna dhal as I understand, but I wanted to know the difference. The first time I had a turban was when he tied the turban on me himself and called for me from the Gurdwara in the UK, so I do respect him. I am complete new to the nihang concept tho, so please bear with me. :@

Bhul Chuk maaf

That's strange because Budha Dal didn't exist in 1699 and neither did the Nihangs grin.gif

Budha Dal came about in the 1730s and the present Budha Dal of Santa Singh has only the faintest connection with that Budha Dal.

See http://www.amritworld.com/nihangs/index.html for a scholarly analysis of Nihangs :TH:

If you want fairy stories go to the sanatan websites rolleyes.gif

Jassa Singh Ji - you seem not to be familiar with nihang singh terminology - any singh with a Farla is either called Baba Ji, Mahakaal Ji or Jathedar Ji.

Baba Sukha Singh Ji is not the Jathedar of a certain area rather he is part of the fauj of Baba Fateh Singh because he has been blessed with a farla and therefore deserves this respect.

If you lived in Nihang dals in india you would realise that any farla vala singh is never addressed by his name but by the titles - Mahakaal Ji, Baba Ji, or Jathedar Ji.

I take Santhiyaa from Baba Ji - I can confirm that Baba Ji is not calling himself anything not jathedar not baba ji - he has the utmost humility. I however respect him immensely and I have been blessed with having a chacha ji who is also a Mahakaal Baba Ji, who has taught me the respect which is due to a Farla Vala Singh.

I urge my brothers on this forum not to speculate negatively about gursikhs like Baba Ji.

I can pass any questions about nihang singh rehat onto Baba Ji when I meet them next for santhiyaa.

As for the comment by proactive - well we all know that the Budha Dal was started by Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji - with Baba Budha Sahib being the first Jathedar.

Chalo - each to his opinion - the truth shines brightly in the eyes of every Nihang Singh you meet...

Akaaaaaaaaal!

Bhul Chuk maaf

One more thing, can you tell me the difference between 'Buddha dhal' and 'Tarna dhal'. Baba Nihal Singh Ji is very close to my family and has visited us many times in the Uk in our house and he is the Jathedhar of Tarna dhal as I understand, but I wanted to know the difference. The first time I had a turban was when he tied the turban on me himself and called for me from the Gurdwara in the UK, so I do respect him. I am complete new to the nihang concept tho, so please bear with me. :@

Buddha Dal - older Sikhs

Taruna Dal - younger Sikhs

divided by age i think...