"amrit"

Guest wonderer

Guest wonderer

hmmmm i have seen women at our local gurdwara wash out used milk cartons (the big plastic bottles or pipia) and fill them with water and then place them by Guru jis Takht and thennnn call it "Amrit"

:@ how so is this Amrit? today i called it "pani" or "jal" and i kinda got told by an uncle ji (hehe so cute he was) he said it's amrit and i should call it so, is this because its placed where Gurbani is recited??

my aunt had asked me to fetch this particular water as her daughter is getting wed and she said she had to take a bath with it?

rolleyes.gif

lol ummmmm i'm confused!!

Guest AkhaliTaksaliSingh
what sort of amrit is that then :@

Its not ANY type of Amrith. These type of sianne'h lohk are the ones that confuse children. Don't refer to that 'pani' as anything, it's like the Saravor around our Gurdwara'h in India, you wouldn't call that 'water' Amrith would you?

:e:

Its not amrit. i got tld that its hindu rituals coming into sikhi... how can it be amrit when it has not been prepared by panj piyare?? some people of the elder generation sumtimes regard it as amrit nd say if u drink it, when ur ill, ull become better etc but its basically not amrit

Its not amrit. i got tld that its hindu rituals coming into sikhi... how can it be amrit when it has not been prepared by panj piyare?? some people of the elder generation sumtimes regard it as amrit nd say if u drink it, when ur ill, ull become better etc but its basically not amrit

I remember being told when I was younger (and didn't know any better; tho still don't) that it you recite bani and have some water in an iron vessel, that water becomes like amrit (though not 'proper' Amrit).

something to do with energy or something. When you recite Bani, it affects everything around it but water mostly.

Guest Guest

if i recall..

bhai veer singh ji used to keep a batta of water with him when he did his morning nitnem..perhaps i'm confusing gurmukhs, and it wasn't bhai veer singh.. but, yeah... point is, they referred to that as amrit as well... focus on the definition of the word amrit, not the automatic association we make with it.