AmritVela

navjotsingh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

bhia sahib, this moorkh will try his best to answer your question.

before sun rises- meditate on gods name

when sun rises- do nitnem ( if cant do it at sunrise, do it around 4 am.)

when sun sets- reheraas

before sleep-kirtan sohila

if u can do more ppat, thats great, this is the minumim scedule

with guru jes kirpa, u can do MUCH more

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no this is wrong. The reason of nitnem in the morning is that you are getting up to in the morning to a fresh start and you sit off by doing your nitnema nd simran, you shouldnt do ur nitnem and go to sleep it was meant for you read it to strat day n the morning. I thought this was okay but then i got punked by couple of taksali singhs blush.gif

Guest balwinderkaur

yea i used to stay up all night and study study study till about 4am then do nitnem and catch 40 winks before rushing off to school at 640am,,, i thought its okay but then again on further thought, technically its wrong to do your nitnem before sleeping cuz its ideally meant as a paath for you to start your day ,,,not become THE FINALE to your whole night schedule tongue.gif . i dunno ;)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I agree with MKhalsa. Practicality is important. A balance is needed in what we do. For many of us it is a balance between School and Sikhi. If we end up finishing our school work in the early ours, then we should take the opportunity and chance of doing amritvela. All you require is to do ishnaan in cold water to wake u up. Think of it as " Guru Jee has done kirpa had blessed me".

For people like me who do nothing and are lazy, these are my only chances. and even then i want to go sleep. Thats how powerful your man (mind) is.

Body rest is also important, otherwise we wouldn't be able to function properly with very little sleep. And wot abt people who do Roals at Gurudwara during Akhand Paaths. Some get up to do their seva, do their amritvela and then go to sleep for rest. would u say that is wrong? i wouldn't. Similarly, after Rehnsbai kirtans, people do their nitnem and then go to sleep.

As long as u stick to your rehit of doing your nitnem, thats all that matters.

Guest mehtab

yaar come on...Sikhi is such a practical and open minded religion...u dont wanna know about islam :| ohmy.gif ...they literally run to the mosque so that they dont miss namaz...now what love is there in that? u juz doing it coz otherwise u think u'll be punished ;) ...is that love?...but Gurujee is so much filled with love, that as long as u do ur nitnem, and with 100% love + faith + devotion, Gurujee will always hold u in His close embrace. i agree that there is nothing like doing the banis as and when the prescribed time is, but at the end of the day its ur love that counts...some1 may not do rehras at sunset with love as much some1 else could do it at 10 pm...juz my foolish thoughts

yaar come on...Sikhi is such a practical and open minded religion...u dont wanna know about islam :| ohmy.gif ...they literally run to the mosque so that they dont miss namaz...now what love is there in that? u juz doing it coz otherwise u think u'll be punished :( ...is that love?...but Gurujee is so much filled with love, that as long as u do ur nitnem, and with 100% love + faith + devotion, Gurujee will always hold u in His close embrace. i agree that there is nothing like doing the banis as and when the prescribed time is, but at the end of the day its ur love that counts...some1 may not do rehras at sunset with love as much some1 else could do it at 10 pm...juz my foolish thoughts

Waheguru ji!

Totally agree wit u ... good point! More like my idea too ;) :wub:

rolleyes.gif