Divorce In Sikhism

Jassi Kaur

no one should ever get divorced...................for one thing its too bloody expensive and it can leave you physically and emotionally drained............separates families including the relatives......................and its ALWAYS the childen that get hurt (if any are involved).........because young children think the whole world revolves around them at that age and if their parents fight or get divorced they always think its their fault.................

haha your right a typical asian marriage alone in uk is gonna at least set you back around £30-50,000. Its not a thing to be taken lightly, thats why people need to get educated not only will you lose out emtionally, if your relationship breaks down do to both sides unflexible ego, but also financially... it will ruin both parties.

Lose Lose situation

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AkhaliTaksaliSingh
i think if one lives good morals and deos not do pangay shangay/ ooltai kam...then i think that a divorce situation wouldnt even happen

LOL woah Singh you talk like your in the 19th century...lol

:e:

I believe that Divorce is aganist sihki!! Just think about it, in our religion a man and a woman get married in the presence of Guru Granth Sabih Ji so basically they are giving a promise to Guru Ji that they will fulfull this marriage till the end, through sorrow and happiness. So when one get's a divorce they are breaking that promise that they made with Guru Ji and making a great misdeed.