Unibrow Hair

Guest undercover singhni

Guest undercover singhni

First of all for some background info i took amrit when i was little and the first bujjar kurehit done by me was to try and get rid of my unibrow which was just sum thin hairs between my eyebrows (my brother use to make fun of me) i was in grade five and first i tried takin em out with my fingernails whcih sorta kinda worked then nailcutter i kno wierd but i guess i was desperate plus i was little didnt care bout sikhi and could careless about rehat , then finally my sister showed me her pluckers and i started using that so i went from doing a lil patch in the middle to takin out a good part of the middle so iv beeen plucking the middle since then and know im at that point where im realizing my love for God and i do want to retake amrit but im such a perfectionist i dont remove hair from anyother part of my face or body and everytime i look in the mirror its all i notice, the thing is thicker hairs coming in therews only like 5 but AAHH i dont kno how long ill be able to pull it off i just wanted to ask sangat about their similiar experiences and what steps i could take to stop. I dont kno wut im waiting for but i just need that push to just go and take amrit, i wont be able to just sit and watch another amrit sanchar go by please help!! thank you wjkk wjkf

Throw your pluckers out, do ardaas and take hukam - japp loooooooads of naam and i'm sure that guru ji will give you the strength to stop plucking 5 hairs. You know that what you'r doin is wrong so you'r halfway there already.

hope it goes well for you :@

Guest _Gupt Singh_
yep, do ARDAAS........ and dont think about it........ if u stop thinking about it then u will hopefully forget, and if u do remeber just say to urself that Guruji is watching.

hope this helped.

:TH:

I rekon you should just take the plunge! have your Amrit. Plucking your eyebrows aint the biggest sin in the world. However, not taking your amirt is. Not reciting naam simran is a bigger sin.

i hate it when people preach about the "kuraets" they are basic guiding principles! not the be all and end all of life!!

yep, do ARDAAS........ and dont think about it........ if u stop thinking about it then u will hopefully forget, and if u do remeber just say to urself that Guruji is watching.

hope this helped.

:TH:

I rekon you should just take the plunge! have your Amrit. Plucking your eyebrows aint the biggest sin in the world. However, not taking your amirt is. Not reciting naam simran is a bigger sin.

i hate it when people preach about the "kuraets" they are basic guiding principles! not the be all and end all of life!!

LOL They're a bit more than guiding principles, but ok.

I don't know what to say...i love my unibrow hahahaha.....

Just have a chat with Maharaj and take a Hukam...whatever he tells you, do that. And if you're still thinking abot it every time you look in the mirror...chuck your mirror away!

And slap your brother for making fun of you hahaha....

And if you're still conscious about it, find a singhnee in your area and talk to her directly...those kinds of chats are more helpful.

Singhni,

I had problems with facial hair etc when I first came into sikhi, although I never removed it, I was always aware of it and would feel embarassed if I saw people talking to my moustache instead of me! But through many ardasan I noticed the change in me as I slowly accepted my hair, I now feel beautiful and know that this is how I SHOULD look and this is how guru ji WANTS me to look - what we think doesnt matter. When people look at my facial hair now, at little part of me is happy because they can SEE my STRENGTH because our kes is our strength. Every time you take a plucker to those 5 hairs, you are giving into public opinion and conforming to society. Who is your guru? Society or Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee? Go to the next amrit sanchaar and take amrit again ASAP.

Take care.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh.

Singhni,

I had problems with facial hair etc when I first came into sikhi, although I never removed it, I was always aware of it and would feel embarassed if I saw people talking to my moustache instead of me! But through many ardasan I noticed the change in me as I slowly accepted my hair, I now feel beautiful and know that this is how I SHOULD look and this is how guru ji WANTS me to look - what we think doesnt matter. When people look at my facial hair now, at little part of me is happy because they can SEE my STRENGTH because our kes is our strength. Every time you take a plucker to those 5 hairs, you are giving into public opinion and conforming to society. Who is your guru? Society or Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee? Go to the next amrit sanchaar and take amrit again ASAP.

Take care.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh.

respect.gif

fathe ji ,

i have unibrow hair but its doesnt bother me. wots the point in getting rid of it i think. no one needs to get ridd of facial hair or wear makeup - ur a beautiful without it. u dnt need to put rubbish on ur face to think u luk nice - or get rid of hair

fathe ji

the first bujjar kurehit done by me was to try and get rid of my unibrow which was just sum thin hairs between my eyebrows (my brother use to make fun of me)

Gurfateh bhenji

i can sort of relate to your situation, i remember getting bullied at school for having kesh. people can be sooo cruel, even if they know how theyre messing u up n hurting u really badly they wont stop. but once youve been through all that rubbish you'll realise the ONLY person who has stuck by you the whole way through is your Guru. the only opinion that counts is Guru Sahibs, noone else is going to be there for you. ardaas is the most amazing tool that we dont use enough!! do sincere ardaas on a daily basis and just beg Guru Maharaaj to give you strength and a Gursikhi jeevan and you'll be surprised at how your life changes. stay strong, do as much paath and ardaas as possible. take care