Marriage

Guest Teflon Don

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You argue by using other people's wrongs as your examples. Looks can be deceiving no one argues with that but when you truly believe then your outer and inner go hand in hand. To cut your hair is an action which reflects your innerself....such as this person who started this thread...he wants to cut his hair for a girl.

I give you a common example that some Sikhs can easily relate to, but yet, you don't want to face the truth. The truth is that outer self doesn't always reflect inner self. I don't know what else to say to you regarding this issue. What is difference between my example and your examples? If anything, my example is more realistic than your examples. It sounds like my example is offending you. But then again, the truth does hurt at times.

To be fair I have not read your each and every post. However the ones I did manage to read gave me the impression that your not here to learn. Rather all you wanna do is fault-find and argue with people. This is a complete waste of your time and energy. You should live life doing what you know is right. 'Be the change you want to see in the world'

Like I said before, read what others said before what I said to see why I made such comments before. I am on this website to learn and discuss things regarding Sikhi, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't stand up against people who talk crap. Yes, I admit I did say something in the past which was wrong and disrespect, but I apologize for those comments unlike the so-called "singhs" who couldn't admit that they said lot of disrespect and incorrect things.

Lets get one thing straight this is not about 'your' and 'my' people...neither do I represent any group...I only side with the truth

What exactly is the "truth" in this case?

You still did not answer what exactly you were not free to do? I'm not asking you to wear a turban but I will not stand by and watch you hijack this thread to say 'Real Men are judge based on their actions, not their looks.'... It was completely irrelevant to the original posters question and if anything you are misleading him.

I thought I did answer your question already? No?

Besides, I didn't hijack this thread, you did. My comment was directed to one person only. We (as in that person and I) exchange couple comments with each other and then made our peace. You the other hand took this issue to extreme. I just reply back at you.

Let me explain....you say looks are not judged. What are looks? Looks mean what you are born with eg big nose, blue hair. It would be unfair to judge you on that agree? Your beard everything etc is your natural look. Anything you do to change that look is an action based on a thought eg I do not look fit with a beard so I will remove it. Therefore an act of removing hair is reflecting your innerself.

LOL

I don't want to be rude or anything, but you make me laugh. Can a small child change his/her look on its own will? Most likely not, but his/her parents can though. Does that mean child outer self reflects on the child's inner self?

I can say something more, but I think it will go way off topic here, which can lead to tons of more posts here. So I will keep my mouth shut on this one.

You have different people on boards. Those who search for the truth and those who just wanna blab about how right they are and how wrong everyone else is. Like I said why are you getting caught up in other people's thoughts...everyone knows that a sikh must have both inner and outer.

If your going to carry on telling me about other people then I am not interested. I allow people to journey for themselves. My own journey is only about knowing the truth. I think I have gone overboard explaining things to you. I have exams in 2 weeks and if you still want to discuss just email me. This will be my final post unless you want to add something meaningful.

How do you stop people stating incorrect information without not correcting them? Questioning is part of the learning process. You can't find the truth without searching and questioning information.

Guest Papi
I will not put others down if they don't put me down first. If they don't go around talking crap about my people, then I wouldn't go around talking crap about "singhs".

EYE FOR EYE.

BLOOD FOR BLOOD.

That's how I roll. cool.gif

the problem with the whole concept of "eye for eye" is both sides end up blind

Face the truth of what exactly? Do you skim read or something. I have written in every bloody post that you have to have both inner and outer but you keep banging on about how so and so you know only has outer. I then even went onto explain to you how people are in different stages and life is not about what other people do but its about doing what you know is right. We all know you have to have both an inner and an outer but you bring your own personal grudges into things. I told you to lay them aside but you seem to be incapable of that..as in regards to my examples they illustrate how inner self is relected by outerself...your examples do not answer the question. Let me show you:

Sitargirl : You must have both inner and outer

Punjabi_Link : I know someone who had his hair cut when he was young.

Sitargirl : Both inner and outer are inter-related and gives examples to illustrate.

Punjabi_link: I know a singh who only keeps his hair but does not pray.

Do you see what you are doing?

It is funny how you left out certain details of my posts.

Let me show you how our conversation really went down:

Sitargirl: You must have both inner and outer

Punjabi_Link: Outer self doesn’t always reflect on inner self.

Sitargirl: You start to give some wild examples while preaching the differences between “knowing” and “understanding” that outer self always reflect on inner self.

Punjabi_Link: I start to give you example that supports my claim about how outer self doesn’t always reflect on inner self

Sitargirl: You start to go jihad on me and start attacking my example.

Like I said I don't wanna know your life history...

Continue reading my posts on these threads, my friend.

That you must have an inner and an outer. This was in reference to your comment saying tell 'your' people....have u still not noticed that you talk about people in your arguements than the actual issue.

Just because you believe your statement equals the “truth” doesn’t always mean it is the actually truth.

Read the thread and u will notice how your comment was completely random and it had nothing to do with the original posters question. I allow for random comments but yours was misleading him. You were implying that it was okay for him to cut his hair as its all about inner. I really don't see why you cannot understood that your inner is never complete without an outer. From all your posts it seems like your making an excuse for not having an outer.

Huh? Did you even take the time to read my first post in this thread?

Here is what I said to the original poster:

I understand what you're saying, but there are girls out there that prefer to date amritdhari men only. I know one girl who is planning to marry an amritdhari. So I don't think this isn't big problem what some people are making it out to be.

What is so wrong about that comment?

I will not put others down if they don't put me down first. If they don't go around talking crap about my people, then I wouldn't go around talking crap about "singhs".

EYE FOR EYE.

BLOOD FOR BLOOD.

That's how I roll. cool.gif

the problem with the whole concept of "eye for eye" is both sides end up blind

It is just expression.

But damn, I forgot to add “Pound for Pound” to that post. :devil:

Guest _singh_
is it harder for guys who keep beard and turban to find a partner than mone guys.........im worried :sady:

alot of guys ive seen who keep beard and turban give it up to find a partner................which makes me more worried

i have to admit i am young and never been with a woman and this situation is kind of making me scared that i wont a wife and i now get thoughts of maybe getting cutting my hair the usual thought i supposeetc.

do women who keep hair have these same worries as guys like me?

Gyani Takhur Singh ji (patiala) has told me that marriage for a Sikh is in the hands of his parents, Mata Sahib Kaur ji and Guru Gobind Singh ji. So, whoever is in your karm for you to marry, you will marry them. Do not worry, have sharda.

As for the turban thing. trust me, it's not harder, there is a real lack of people in our community that i would consider marriage worthy. the reason is too much selfish ness and just messed up way of thinking. you are not at a statistical disadvantage b/c you wear a turban!! there's more proper girls who are religious than not religoius.