Quality In Leadership

AK-47

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

We always talk about how weak our leadership is, about how corrupt they are, how nobody cares about what they say, how they are out of touch from the 'sikhs on the ground'.

But why? why is our leadership so poor? Why do we not seem to have leaders that can guide the panth (guide the panth under the orders of guru granth sahib ji).

When we look at leaders from the past we see strength and honour and conviction, while today that seems lost?

At the present time we are desperately in need of strong leaders to ensure the panth doesnt go down the wrong road, that it keeps to gursikh principles but that it also remains firm and delivers justice to the pappi's. But to be honest looking at the goings on in Punjab i still cant see that leader at the moment. maybe this whole episode will allow somebody to come out of the mess and shine as a leader for the future? who knows?

While harnam singh may be acting as a leader, he doesnt seem to hold much respect (or fear) nor do any of the others. the video recordings of the meeting at where the jathedhars announced their decisions was a bit upsetting. seeing singhs making such a scene whilst in guru maharajhs presence is not a good thing. yes there is bir raas, there is anger, there is disagreement with the decisions made by the leaders .... but there is also our guru, and to shout and scream etc etc in his presence is total disrespect. Im sure i remember sant jarnail singh ji in one his speeches telling the sangat off for speaking in mahrajhs presence, he said only the kirtani, granthi singh, or speaker addressing the sangat should be heard.

harnam singh couldnt control his own students from taksal, he was waving his arms but nobody seemed to be listening. would the same thing have happened if sant jarnail singh ji or sant kartar singh ji had said sit down and be quiet? i dont think so.

i believe the reason for this is the lack of respect for the leaders ... and this is becauase they lack the quality of being true leaders.

our leaders should ensure the satkar of guru sahib is top of the list. you cant battle one beadbi of guru sahib and have people screaming and fighting over guru jis saroops at the same time. if we develop true love and fear for guru sahib and sat peacefully or at least sat down in fear of disrespecting mahrajh in his presence then imagine the kirpa guru sahib would do. just ask yourself would we make such a scene if guru nanak dev ji themself were sitting in their in physical form?

while the sangat is also responsible for this, i think the leaders are failing to set good examples and failing in their duties to the panth. i think if anybody had made such a scene in fron tof sant ji as he was addressing the sangat ... then a few people may have felt the power of his teer on their heads!

We always talk about how weak our leadership is, about how corrupt they are, how nobody cares about what they say, how they are out of touch from the 'sikhs on the ground'.

But why? why is our leadership so poor? Why do we not seem to have leaders that can guide the panth (guide the panth under the orders of guru granth sahib ji).

When we look at leaders from the past we see strength and honour and conviction, while today that seems lost?

At the present time we are desperately in need of strong leaders to ensure the panth doesnt go down the wrong road, that it keeps to gursikh principles but that it also remains firm and delivers justice to the pappi's. But to be honest looking at the goings on in Punjab i still cant see that leader at the moment. maybe this whole episode will allow somebody to come out of the mess and shine as a leader for the future? who knows?

While harnam singh may be acting as a leader, he doesnt seem to hold much respect (or fear) nor do any of the others. the video recordings of the meeting at where the jathedhars announced their decisions was a bit upsetting. seeing singhs making such a scene whilst in guru maharajhs presence is not a good thing. yes there is bir raas, there is anger, there is disagreement with the decisions made by the leaders .... but there is also our guru, and to shout and scream etc etc in his presence is total disrespect. Im sure i remember sant jarnail singh ji in one his speeches telling the sangat off for speaking in mahrajhs presence, he said only the kirtani, granthi singh, or speaker addressing the sangat should be heard.

harnam singh couldnt control his own students from taksal, he was waving his arms but nobody seemed to be listening. would the same thing have happened if sant jarnail singh ji or sant kartar singh ji had said sit down and be quiet? i dont think so.

i believe the reason for this is the lack of respect for the leaders ... and this is becauase they lack the quality of being true leaders.

our leaders should ensure the satkar of guru sahib is top of the list. you cant battle one beadbi of guru sahib and have people screaming and fighting over guru jis saroops at the same time. if we develop true love and fear for guru sahib and sat peacefully or at least sat down in fear of disrespecting mahrajh in his presence then imagine the kirpa guru sahib would do. just ask yourself would we make such a scene if guru nanak dev ji themself were sitting in their in physical form?

while the sangat is also responsible for this, i think the leaders are failing to set good examples and failing in their duties to the panth. i think if anybody had made such a scene in fron tof sant ji as he was addressing the sangat ... then a few people may have felt the power of his teer on their heads!

I agree, I think the lack of confindence in human leadership leads to people to have a lack in confidence in the issue at hand. No matter what we say, in my view it does boil down to a lack in Gursikhi jevaans. I am not saying that the present day leaders have bad jeevans but there's certainly something lacking, because as far as I see it I cannot honestly say that I would be happy to be lead by any of them.

Sant Baba Harnam Singh Khalsa passed a such a strong resolution that the Sangat passed! The reason the trouble was caused was because of what Sri Akal Takhat Sahib's Jathedar Joginder Singh Vedanti said!

And maybe if people stop spreading the poison, crap and lies they do about Taksal and Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji the situation would have been better.

But if you contact people in Punjab you will see that people are happy with Baba Harnam Singh Ji, and their leadership, ALL Sant's of Sant Samaj have selected them as President of Sant Samaj, and are supporting Baba Ji all the way.

The question about would people do that if Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa was there?? VeerJi i dont even think these "DERA SACHA SAUDA" dogs would be around if Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa was there!!!

The situation in Punjab would be much much much more better.

But, were NOT doing ANYTHING ourselves, but condemning those that are on the frontline doing something about it! They're not hiding, they are out there on the line, and have become targets of the GOVT of India and of Dera sacha sauda and its followers!

great post . . . i agree with you 100% . . .

Sri maan SANT GIANI JARNAIL SINGH JEE KHALSA JEE BHINDRANVALE ALL THE WAYYYY

:devil: :( :e: :nihungsmile: :umm: :umm:

whats saddening is that the singhs who are actually doing seva. . .didnt even get time to speak to the sangat. . . .

we all have negative thinknig, we hate anyone that tries to do seva and help the patnh progress forward, we try and look for faults in every person jsut to please our own ego. we have neagtive thoughts about the panth. and you will become whatever you consistently think about yourself

i agree with you AK-47

i was watching a video of the dharam yudh morcha. all the leaders were there. longowal, tohra, sikh youth fedration leaders, sant ji, basically all panthic leaders where there. then one guy made speach which was on part of the dharam yudh morcha programme. sangat went in some much josh. there was no hosh. then most of leaders were waving their arms round trying to calm down the sangat. it didnt work. then Sant Jarnail Singh Ji got up and quoted a line from the rehitnama. i forgot that line. but basically it was about not making noice (raula) in Guru Ji's hajoori. Sant Ji said if Guru Arjan Dev ji were here, u wudnt be making this noice. Sant Ji Said, that u the sangat are sitting in the presence the Dasan Patishahiaan Di Jot Guru Granth Sahib and ur making all this noice, u should be ashamed of yourselves. Then everyone calmed down.

When i watched that video at Damdama Sahib, it was beadabi of Maharaj by the singhs. that was not right. our leaders didnt have character to calm down the sangat. Bhai Harnam Singh tried, but failed.

However, at this critical time the panth needs to stay together. The true leaders leaders will show when its hukam. There are alot of chardikala Singhs outside of india. who knows, may these singhs will lead the panth with other gupt gursikhs.

i agree with the above

the boys are too young and crazy

they have no discpline no control

sheer anger

they may deal with the baba but how can they deal with badal gandhi and co?

no chance

dhuma has come out of the shadows but has no stage presence

bittu does have stage presence but is prone to saying whatever he feels like

we have no decent leader because one doesnt exist- simple as that