Re-establish Sher-e-panjab Leadership

our enemies are the 5 vices

Yes 5 vices are our enemies...but they are our inner vices and they have been the vices of every individual since beginning. But apart from that there are some worldly enemies too.

Like we had mughals, turks, afghanis, pahari raje etc but that doesn't mean we didn't have 5 vices as our enemies then they existed at same time with every individual's 5 vices. Likewise apart from our 5 vices there are a lot of other enemies who have nefarious designs aimed for inflicting damage on people's lives.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets also threaten the goverment that sikhs will vote BNP if they dont pass acts to stop agressive convertions, tell labour a few "porkies" wont do any harm.

In the case of forced conversions much can't be achieved unless the victims come forward....that's where the problem is: not many girls come forward so that they and their family is not ashamed in public.

When saying Sikh "Extremist" I think he was referring to the people who see the muslims as our 'enemy' or the hindu's as our enemy. This is 'extremism' at it's best. The word extremism might not be the best choice, because it is good to be extreme about your religious values, to the point were you are ready to die for it. But people who see muslims, hindu's as our enemies do not have a clue what sikhi is about. So quick to find someone to hate, when our religion is about love.

Harpreet

I don't disagree with you but you can't get away from the fact that if you study some of teh early surviving rahit namas, which were created around the time Sikhs were in deep grim battles with Moghuls and Afghans, they are full of anti-Islamic stuff - Like killing Turks is the duty of a Khalsa soldier and to have no dealings with them (see McLeods book on the subject). It even went as far as banning Sikhs from learning Persian. So it isn't right to think that in our past there wasn't seriously strong "extremism" as you would put it - by the original Khalsas.

A small complaint in the youtube video of Sarabha Panjab,it says 'indians are offended',Im offended by being called an Indian ,we are not Indian ,but Panjabi Sikhs, we are 1% of the Indian population,so why are we as usual fighitng other peoples battles.Okay we do have a problem with Girls going to Muslims,and I Can't stand them girls,if they want to go let them go,if a girl is being forceably converted -,don't hesitate to batter the guy.

our enemies are the 5 vices

Yes 5 vices are our enemies...but they are our inner vices and they have been the vices of every individual since beginning. But apart from that there are some worldly enemies too.

Like we had mughals, turks, afghanis, pahari raje etc but that doesn't mean we didn't have 5 vices as our enemies then they existed at same time with every individual's 5 vices. Likewise apart from our 5 vices there are a lot of other enemies who have nefarious designs aimed for inflicting damage on people's lives.

I understand what your saying bhaaji, by me saying enemies are 5 vices. I was trying to say lets sort out whats going on within ourselves and our community before flaring up feelings of hatred. I, as many lads, would read such blogs, and feel stirred up feelings towards other people who appeared to be a enemy, but not all people who appear to be the enemy are the enemy.

Harpreet

I don't disagree with you but you can't get away from the fact that if you study some of teh early surviving rahit namas, which were created around the time Sikhs were in deep grim battles with Moghuls and Afghans, they are full of anti-Islamic stuff - Like killing Turks is the duty of a Khalsa soldier and to have no dealings with them (see McLeods book on the subject). It even went as far as banning Sikhs from learning Persian. So it isn't right to think that in our past there wasn't seriously strong "extremism" as you would put it - by the original Khalsas.

Since when sikhs start concentrating more on rehtinamas than gurbani itself ??? Some of the stuff you mentioned in the rehitnamas you are talking only applies to any specific time cannot be applied now, any sane mind sikh scholar in academic will agree with that and i bet the rehitnamas you are talking about does not encourage to kill innocent muslims or killing enemy as first resort. Killing an enemy is an extreme circumstances does not sit well with the concept of sri guru gobind singh ji which -

After all rightful/peaceful means has been fatigued, its justify at that point to pick up swords.

What peaceful means of dialogue these youths do these days? death threats ,intimidation, warnings.

There was a time when peaceful protest ment sitting on a hot tava, or being boiled, having your head removed.

You compare that to picking up a sword. Now a days a gun, easy to kill an enemy without even seeing his face from affar, thats easy. Comming face to face with your enemy and still having the face of compassion of humality and of restraint, that is true strength.

That is the strength our Gurus led and left our legacy for. Sikh ithas is full of those examples. Lets hope we set examples here and not pages we would want ot skip over of Sikh history in the making.

Harpreet singh very right there is sikh extermisim, actually i even go to extend saying- there is heavy extermisim abroad within sikh youths these days.

Here is the dharam yudh maryada which was fetched from sri dasam granth teachings:

Here are some rules to remember and regulated by guroo gobind singh maharaj during dharam yudh-

Literally, it means waging a war of righteousness or securing freedom and justice. Guru Hargobind Ji raised an army to fight against Mughal and Hindu oppression and injustice. Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji amplified the Sikh concept of Dharam Yudh as under:

1. War to be waged should be without aggression or feeling of emnity and revenge.

2. Before war is begun, all peaceful means of dialiogue, arbitration and negotiation should have been tried but without any success.

3. The soldiers should be volunteers devoted to the cause.

4. The defeated enemy should be treated with consideration and compassion. No women or children be captured or maltreated.

5. That minimum force be used for subduing the enemy and as a last resort.

6. No territory is to be annexed, no looting or wilful bloodshed is permitted. The army for Dharam-Yudh must observe these conditions, for they have to set an example as Saint-Soldiers.

This was written by Guru Ji himself for all Singhs to emulate. I personally believe that these rules also serve as an excellent guide for life. Think about them along these:

1. Have no hatred towards anyone

2. Try to be reasonable and understanding, but let anyone walk over you!

3. Be devoted to your Guru and always aim to serve your Guru

4. Recognise everything you see around you as that of Vahiguru, love everything. Even people who maltreat you should be treated with Love, to show that whatever they do or say, the only thing that really matters in this world is Vahiguru.

5. Never try to be over-zealous and make sure that what you are doing is for the benefit of YOU and your Guru and that you DO NOT hurt the people who surround you when you are trying to achieve your goals.

6. Do not hurt anyone (physically or mentally) and do not take or receive anything that does not belong to you.

Reference: Some of these teachings come from Guru Gobind SIngh's Charitropakhyan, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.

"This was written by Guru Ji himself for all Singhs to emulate. I personally believe that these rules also serve as an excellent guide for life. Think about them along these:

1. Have no hatred towards anyone

2. Try to be reasonable and understanding, but let anyone walk over you!

3. Be devoted to your Guru and always aim to serve your Guru

4. Recognise everything you see around you as that of Vahiguru, love everything. Even people who maltreat you should be treated with Love, to show that whatever they do or say, the only thing that really matters in this world is Vahiguru.

5. Never try to be over-zealous and make sure that what you are doing is for the benefit of YOU and your Guru and that you DO NOT hurt the people who surround you when you are trying to achieve your goals.

6. Do not hurt anyone (physically or mentally) and do not take or receive anything that does not belong to you.

Reference: Some of these teachings come from Guru Gobind SIngh's Charitropakhyan, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji."

If you ever read Charitropakyaan you should know that it contains nothing of this sort of information. Instead it is about the "guiles" of immoral women. So where are you getting your information from?

All respect to your views regarding humanity in warefare, which I largely agree with, but to quote sources as the words of the Gurus themselves when they are not is wrong.