Do British Sikhs Have Difficulties In Writing English?

dalsingh101

I was reading some post by a Hindu about Sikh "militants" and he made a comment that judging by postings on Internet forums, many British Sikhs seem to have severe difficulties in writing plain English.

I have read some of the postings and they seem to be full of slang and terrible spelling mistakes as a standard. Is there any truth in this?

GOD NO!!!!!!!! LOL

im a law student and i write proper English when i need to BUT this is a internet forum and sometimes people write slang for convenience and to save time if you get me. SO dont let others bother you :TH:

I was reading some post by a Hindu about Sikh "militants" and he made a comment that judging by postings on Internet forums, many British Sikhs seem to have severe difficulties in writing plain English.

I have read some of the postings and they seem to be full of slang and terrible spelling mistakes as a standard. Is there any truth in this?

:devil:

It is obvious he is referring to young Sikh teenagers. Don't put too much weight on the guy's comment.

Guest Guest

No, I think that perhaps it is more a case of an internet message board not representing a well proportioned cross-section of the Sikh youth comunity[sic].

I just get the feeling that if some people had to write an official letter or something, they would really struggle.

Must be just me...never mind.