Befriending Monay

Guest Guest

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Instead of posting words of philosophy the reality is, a Monah is someone with cut/shorn hair. A Monah comes up with many excuses to defy the sacred Rehat Maryada given by our 10th master Guru Gobind Singh.

There are Moneh who take Amrit. Those who return home at sunset are not considered lost. Bad/evil Sangat should be avoided at all cost. But also on some people bad Sangat makes their mind even more stronger.

The Monah problem is more in the Punjabi Sikhs. White and other Sikhs know without Rehat there is no Sikhi. What i am saying if a Hindu wanted to become a Sikh he or she would know instantly to become Sikh, Amrit is a must.

I started this thread to answer the question of those so called Monay Sikhs who say where does it say in Gurbani to keep Kes, and Rehat is man made. Even though they might be twisting Sikhi to meet their own ends, the Khalsa always has always had victory over it's enemy. Even the RSS has more respect for Sikhi by calling us 'Kesdhari' Hindus (even though we are not Hindus).

I remember this Monah on another Sikhi site was saying that Gurbani is against 'Jattan' which includes Kes. The fool doesn't even know the difference.

so what if that guy didn't know the difference?

if you knew, you could explain it to him with love.

trying to make someone feel guilty about their life choices will never bring about lasting change in the person's life..

INSPIRING someone to want to make changes will create lasting change that may even inspire OTHERS through that inspired person...

there are people on this site, some of whom have been YOM's who started out with having their kes...reading any of their interviews, they didn't keep their kes due to a feeling of guilt...but to a feeling of love and readiness to move forward in their spirituality....also, common for them is sangat of gursikhs that didn't judge them but rather accepted them and loved them and inspired them...

there's no point to us having the YOM system...if we aren't going to read the interviews and learn things from the experiences....it's not simply there to make some people popular, but for the rest of us to learn lessons...

Guest Narinder Singh

If "moneh" (you all make them sound like filthy creatures) are not to be associated with then why go around telling non-sikhs that we're tolerant? What happened to "God is within everyone"? And stop with all the mahapursh jargon, if you need answers go directly to your Guru, not some middle man who will only give you his version of what Sikhi is and who God is.

By the way, I've been inspired by moneh who put me in my place when I get full of myself simply because I keep my hair.

"If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all"

Fateh.

If "moneh" (you all make them sound like filthy creatures) are not to be associated with then why go around telling non-sikhs that we're tolerant? What happened to "God is within everyone"? And stop with all the mahapursh jargon, if you need answers go directly to your Guru, not some middle man who will only give you his version of what Sikhi is and who God is.

By the way, I've been inspired by moneh who put me in my place when I get full of myself simply because I keep my hair.

"If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all"

Fateh.

[/]

You hit the nail squarely on the head.