Paag Material?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you've got a shop nearby why dont you bring your old material down and ask the guy what it is. thats what i did once with my old paag which was fading too. well i was told my material was voil, not sure if anyone here uses it. voil is a bit thick initially and its a bit difficult to tie (the laars dont come out very neat). im thinking of trying other materials out. any suggestions for material that is easy to tie? from what i've gathered here so far its mal mal :lol:

any tips on tying a neat paag? :|

i had the same prolem as u a lil while ago.. i did ALOT of research, i even talked to sant anoop singh about his dastaar personally lol.. mul mul is the thinnest dastaar materail, u gotta wash it n tie it like 5-6 times on heavy duty wash before all the starch comes out, but thats for any dastaar its also known as F Chahatar

if u want it like sant anoop singh's then u have ta cut it through the middle n tie a keski underneath n then a dastaar on top.. then on top of that he puts a chunni, so u can't see the lars, thats why his dastaar is soo perfect.. n i talked to him personally so i aint talkn smack..

if u jus started tying a gol dastaar, i'd say cut it, it works a lot better, then when u get used to it u can tie the whole thing (wit a new dastaar oviussly).. n also make sure ur tying the dastaar right, cuz i was used ta tying dumalla before n switched ta gol so it was a challenge ta get used to fixing ma hands.. make sure u watch the person's dastaar that u like tie it in fronta u, helps a lot

now i tie a gol dastaar buts its still kinda dumalla cuz i tie a keski inta ma joora, then a small keski under my full dastaar, i think it looks tuff.. n i wuldnt suggest tying it like sant ji cuz it aint like socially fit, or even for business, make sure u show the lars underneath lol no chunni.. goodluck

peace

godbless

oh ho

main eh topic hi hun read kita.

o mere kolo puch lavo, mere nalo jada koi tang ni hoya huna thinnest stuff nu laban lai.

rubia is maha bakwas.

its the thickest stuff which makes ur pagg a pagggadddddddd

now there are two types of full wail

one is cheap approx Rs 22-24 / meter and other is Rs 32-34/ meter

the cheap one is the best.

but mostly there are cheap paggs are available in shops.

mal mal is a cloat which is soft but too thick and paggs are not available in this stuff.

if u need for stuff like white keski which bibies use, then it is the very very thin stuff and it can be used only for keski not for pagg.

which stuff do u use by the way?

UPDATE:

After ages tring to find out the correct name of the paag i use i've finally found out!

basically the paag material of my old paag WAS Mal Mal and the one i was bought from india which i was told was Mal Mal was infact Full Vail

I thought i mite as well update this thread with the info i have found out as there has been lots of interest shown so i'm sure it will be helpful to others, what i was told from the shop owner was

Mal Mal is the thinest paag material you can get it is also known as F74 therefore Mal Mal=F74 F74=Mal Mal

the next thinest is Full vail, usually used to tie Nok style paag

the next thinest is rubia

Mal Mal/F74 is the material that is best used to tie Dasstar or gol paag which is the style i tie

hope this helps

Thanks,

Hardeep.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• If relationship with Guru is strong, then kanga is done twice a day, and turban should never be taken off or put on like a hat, there is a lot wrong with that as it is against rehit! maryada is to take off every layer of turban/pagh/dumalla individually, and tie fresh turban each time!
    • the whole 'your husband/wife is chosen for you'/sanjog thing is real, it's just that a lot of people end up marrying the wrong person. they did not end up with the person that was meant for them. my friend, you should marry someone who you feel a connection with and love. there are millions of sikh girls, i'm sure you can find someone who aligns with your sensibilities and who you can truthfully say that you love. sikhi does not say anything against love marriages. you can also be in a loveless arranged marriage which is a safe option b/c both families are more inclined to keep the union intact. i was one of those people who was like meh, i guess i'll just get arranged to some sikh. well i finally started dating for the first time this year and i'm getting married to someone that i love and cannot even imagine leaving. i think it's better to have lost & lost than never loved at all. unfortunately, a lot of people confuse love w/ looks & lust. a lot of men go for the fittest girl they can find and think they won the jackpot or something. in reality, your partner should be like an extremely loved best friend. there's a reason why it's a fact that the most stable and long-lasting relationships started as friendships.  i also think a lot of women are petty and divorce over small reasons, but there's other terrible things like high cheating rates as well. that's why the divorce rate in the west is high. be careful out there.
    • andrew tate praises sikhi too & likes sikhs. his brother also donated to sikh families iirc. they just like any "alpha" religion and tbh islam is the most "alpha" in their eyes. islam is very good at promoting that image. but imo a real alpha man doesn't command respect by beating up his wive(s) or forcing them to wear a burqa. a real man will have his woman listen to him w/o raising a hand or his voice, and command respect by being respectful. he leads by example and integrity. that's true masculinity. you get the idea. + yes, it's definitely true that islam is growing rapidly and making massive inroads. strength in numbers + belief will do that. but rlly it's just because of the birth rate. a lot of them are muslim b/c it's their "identity" just like how a lot of young sikhs will say they're "culturally sikh" or whatever. there just aren't billions of sikhs who lambast their identity everywhere and have strict and linear rules like in islam. besides, the reality is that islam and its followers are some of the most morally bankrupt. you can see all the weird trans rules in iran, bacche baazi in afghanistan, visiting brothels, watching p*rn, p*dophilia what goes on behind the scenes in countries like uae & qatar, etc, and come to your conclusions. you can google all the stats yourself and see which countries do the most of these ^.   
    • stop associating with hinduism, that's the absolutely worst thing you can do as a sikh. not sure if you noticed but the entire world looks down upon and spits at india & hindus, literally no one respects them and considers them weak and cowardly. literally 1+ billion of them but not perceived as a strong religion commandeering respect. 
    • you wrote a whole lot but told us nothing. what exactly did you do wrong to make you feel this way?

Important Information

Terms of Use